2023 WORLD TOUR

Decided not to go see them this year. I would have gone to Copenhell but heres my reasoning.

I have seen NITL tour now 7 times! I really enjoyed 2017 setlist and performance wise. 2018 I saw disastrous vocal performance of Berlim 2018 and an awesome Tallinn 2018 show. Then came a 4 year break and went to see them in Prague 2022. Awesome long show with lots of energy. Really enjoyed that one.

Then decided to travel to London to see them twice and took my girlfriend with me and took him to concert. I think those Tottenhamn shows were totally fucked in retrospect. Left an bad taste on mouth. Short setlists and bad performances and organizational problems (Michael Monroe didnt even get to play on first night because of problems with the venues gates). 

Im not expecting Axl to improve in this short break between touring. I think that was it for me if miracle doesnt happen. And with miracle I mean 2016 level vocals or Izzy and Matt coming back.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, PatrickS77 said:

Damn, and there goes that GNR not taking adivce from forum experts like @Zeppelin @Gordon Comstock and @Natty and still do a summertour that also plays in stadiums. Well, I guess they can afford the good stuff.

I'm not surprised they're playing stadiums. I also won't be surprised when they discount and give away lots of tickets again.

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

10 minutes ago, Kelmi said:

Decided not to go see them this year. I would have gone to Copenhell but heres my reasoning.

I have seen NITL tour now 7 times! I really enjoyed 2017 setlist and performance wise. 2018 I saw disastrous vocal performance of Berlim 2018 and an awesome Tallinn 2018 show. Then came a 4 year break and went to see them in Prague 2022. Awesome long show with lots of energy. Really enjoyed that one.

Then decided to travel to London to see them twice and took my girlfriend with me and took him to concert. I think those Tottenhamn shows were totally fucked in retrospect. Left an bad taste on mouth. Short setlists and bad performances and organizational problems (Michael Monroe didnt even get to play on first night because of problems with the venues gates). 

Im not expecting Axl to improve in this short break between touring. I think that was it for me if miracle doesnt happen. And with miracle I mean 2016 level vocals or Izzy and Matt coming back.

First Tottenham wasn't so bad

4 hours ago, there is no dana only zool said:

Yea but like, those plenty of tickets that are available later on, at that point, aren't they usually in the hands of the 3rd party resellers like Vivid and stuff, who then charge ungodly amounts?  I mean, Hell, they're usually in the hands of the 3PRs like, the frickin DAY they go on sale, no?

When I saw them in 2021 I bought my ticket about a week before the show and got a really good seat. I'll see if I can post a pic. 

I've got plenty of time to save up for a good ticket haha.

3 hours ago, DaneisKing1389 said:

I hope they drive on stage in their nascar

They should totally have a show car on display by the merch truck or something, good photo op.

• Thanks 1

On 2/22/2023 at 6:06 AM, SoulMonster said:

The Australian leg, the last leg, of the previous tour got wide praise. So get out of here. 

No it didnt. I live in Australia and it was panned over here including by myself and everyone I know that went. The 2017 leg got praised not the last leg.

Melb and Sydney shows tickets were being given away and barely sold compared to 2017. They wont be back. 

Edited by vloors
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Sweersa said:

Another possibility is Axl is happy with 7-10 additional new songs from the CD era that he doesn't want Slash or Duff on. So those CD2 songs with 4-6 or so re-worked CD songs makes a complete album. :) 

The Buckethead dream of mine will die when the next album drops. Just kidding, then I'll wait for the anniversary box set with all of the Bucket mixes. :) 

A CD box set is the only way I would see them release buckethead songs. 

• Wow 1

20 minutes ago, vloors said:

No it didnt. I live in Australia and it was panned over here including by everyone I know that went. The 2017 leg got praised not the last leg.

Melb and Sydney shows tickets were being given away and barely sold compared to 2017. They wont be back. 

Yes. You are right, The last leg was a tragedy. 

This guy is blind for reality, JESUS. 

WOW yayyyy! Another tour playing the same setlist for the 8th consecutive year with diminishing vocals, no stage show and no pyro. And what? it's only going to cost more than it did before? Wow, thank you lord Axl and Overlords TB, stay of execution and Evan G must be very happy and excited. I'm pleased for them. Meanwhile for the rest of planet earth, what a fucking embarrassing shambles this band is. nostalgic legacy act, and not even a good one. urgh.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, vloors said:

No it didnt. I live in Australia and it was panned over here including by everyone I know that went. The 2017 leg got praised not the last leg.

Finally the truth. SoulMonster, your rebuttal please?

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, vloors said:

Just for fairness, the reviews in the recent australian/new zealand gig were great. 

• Like 2

It's cool that they are doing San Antonio again *saw them there in 2017*.... but I only have the budget to fly out of state to see a concert once a year and I am planning on seeing Depeche Mode this November.

Knowing Guns, this tour will keep on a truckin a long for years, so I know I will see them again! :shades:

3 hours ago, RussTCB said:

I thought I saw someone saw Ford Field was on the list, but I guess not? The closest they're coming to me is Miami and I'm not making a 5 1/2 hour drive for that lol

That was me. My dad thinks he heard the commercial during the Nascar race mention Ford Field, but he was likely mistaken. :( 

I don't think we are going to deal with Chicago to see them again. Guess we will catch them when they play in Detroit again.

3 hours ago, Gnrcane said:

I saw them there in 2021 (last show of the tour).  They played back to back nights (based on schedule gap I suspect they might add a Saturday show) but I had no problem getting tickets without a presale.  It sold out eventually but I could have gotten any area on the regular sale day.

Can you please tell me at that venue was it a pit or were there reserved seats in front of the stage?