06/09/23 - Madrid, ES - Civitas Metropolitan Stadium

downzy

On 6/9/2023 at 2:18 AM, Stay.Of.Execution said:

There are several ways. I found it out through one of Vanessa's Instagram Storys. It showed the cafeteria of the hotel. Did a quick search on the website of the hotel and bingo.

Sometimes band or crew members go out dining near the hotel and post stuff. People who go maximum stalking levels sometimes call the hotel and ask for a specific name

When they're next in NZ, we'll have to stay in touch and I'll camp out at hotel, and I'll get axls autograph on CD...... 

• Like 1

These shows are turning into the 2017 fall tour lengthwise. 33 song sets are ridiculous, especially for guys at their age. Pearl Jam, who was known for marathon shows, has cut their sets back quite a bit, and these guys add to them. I was only going to go to the Chicago show this run, but I'll be adding a few more now. 

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, GoBucky said:

These shows are turning into the 2017 fall tour lengthwise. 33 song sets are ridiculous, especially for guys at their age. Pearl Jam, who was known for marathon shows, has cut their sets back quite a bit, and these guys add to them. I was only going to go to the Chicago show this run, but I'll be adding a few more now. 

This is why i've stuck with guns Well one of many reasons. 

Good night everyone.  Good show tonight . We will see what Monday brings then.^_^

Safe journey to those who are travelling  back tonight 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, GoBucky said:

The 2017 shows I saw felt really bloated...

Axl sounds good on about half the set now, but that still leaves 15~ songs where he sounds bad. Cut the show down to 20-25 songs and it would flow way better IMO. When it's almost 3 hours into the show and you have to listen to Axl struggle through This I Love it makes the show drag...

It would be cool if they randomly played Locomotive or TWAT when I see them in October, I'm not gonna complain about them occasionally throwing in a rarity, but songs like This I Love and Yesterdays just don't sound good. Throw in stuff like You Ain't The First and You're Crazy, and of course Perhaps should be played sooner than later, but they could easily do an all killer no filler show with only like 25 songs.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Skamos66 said:

I could see Catcher in the Rye coming back as an alt song too, was played once in 2021

I’d love to see catcher played. I really like Duff and Slash on that actually, I think other than title track, that’s the best one they do from that album 

2 hours ago, MarlaHooch said:

No one is allowed to complain about setlists ever again. I can dream, can’t I?

And might as well re-share this in honor of the song’s re-appearance! 

Holy shit, is this you? This is great 

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Appetitefordiscussion said:

I’d love to see catcher played. I really like Duff and Slash on that actually, I think other than title track, that’s the best one they do from that album 

Holy shit, is this you? This is great 

Yessir, thank you! Shared it here back in 2019, mods were nice enough to let me. Always happy to see this scorcher of a tune back in the set! Cheers.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, jamillos said:

Holy shit, you Spanish guys. Shadow, Twat, Locomotive, AND Yesterdays? 

Now THIS is what I was talking about when I said shuffle the fucking playlist. 

This is what they did at the beginning of 2016. Fuck yeah.

They have plenty of good songs to make these tours fresh without new music and this current tour is proving that. There's a bunch of old songs that hadn't been done justice in a long time that are cool to hear. The current setlist is a perfect mix of appealing to hardcore fans and the general audience.

• Like 4

59 minutes ago, mystery said:

They have plenty of good songs to make these tours fresh without new music and this current tour is proving that. There's a bunch of old songs that hadn't been done justice in a long time that are cool to hear. The current setlist is a perfect mix of appealing to hardcore fans and the general audience.

Absolutely

• Like 1