Perhaps - August 18. UPDATE IV: A New Hope (Radio Premiere Tomorrow?)

4 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

Buckethead did have bits on Absurd and possibly Hard Skool, so him and/or Robin being present on future material isn't out of the question. 

I hear his killswitch on Absurd, but where would he be on Hard Skool? The bends during the bridge?

Would be cool if Finck’s solo on Perhaps is “layered” under Slash’s. Kinda like what they did for SFTD.

3 minutes ago, bmus1 said:

I would regularly stream Perhaps and some of the other leaks from Soundcloud since I don't have the files on most of my devices, and both of the Perhaps links I used were removed in the last week.

Same thing happened to me.  I listened to it Sunday morning at around 10:00.  Went to play it in the car an hour later, and it was gone from my library, and only one version came up with a search.

30 minutes ago, The Real McCoy said:

If it’s released on Friday and they don’t play it at the Hershey show…..

Truthfully, there’s quite a few more they’ve been sprinkling here and there I’d rather  hear. Still It would be cool To be there for the debut. I got to see Better, IRS, and TWAT debut in 2006.

Edited by JAxlMorrison
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, Bitchisback said:

Eh I was at the Hershey show last year. I didn't feel screwed over, and I wouldn't this time either.  I had a good time at the show, got to hear Dead Horse, Slither and You're Crazy for the first time.  And for the bonus of GNR putting out new music.  That's how I would feel this time too.  Why turn something positive into a negative?

I'm excited for the show whether they play Perhaps or not. Even tho it would be really cool to hear it live, this will be the first show I hear bad obsession, pretty tied up, hard skool, absurd and anything goes (if they keep them all in the set) so I have a lot to look forward to regardless. 

I haven’t seen sorry since 2012, so that would be cool. 

• Like 1

Buckethead IS on Hard Skool, you can hear his atonal tapping from 3:15 to 3:25, it’s the same as the demo (I reckon that you have to use headphones to hear it clearly and they left that because it’s meaningless, but still, you can listen to the demo and then that part)

@Sweersa is right

But they are obviously not gonna leave Robin’s parts, that’s why i hope they haven’t touched SoulMonster or Zodiac

Edited by metalavenger99
Use headphones I guess

48 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

Would be really sad (but fitting for how this band treats their fans) if they screw Hershey over by not debuting a new song for them by one show AGAIN

The first performance won't sound that great anyway so they're not really missing out on much. I'm glad my show is close to the end of the tour so I'll get to hear whatever new songs are in the set and hopefully they'll sound decent by then.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, metalavenger99 said:

Buckethead IS on Hard Skool, you can hear his atonal tapping from 3:15 to 3:25, it’s the same as the demo (I reckon that you have to use headphones to hear it clearly and they left that because it’s meaningless, but still, you can listen to the demo and then that part)

Honestly really don’t think that’s Bucket on the final thing. Sounds similar, but not same take.

3 hours ago, Jw224 said:

The url loads to the perhaps page before redirecting. It doesn't actually show anything, though. 

this is true, just tried it myself. The tab says "Guns N Roses - Perhaps" then changes and directs you to the gnr website. Somebody could probs manipulate the html to get the actual site up before it redirects 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, metalavenger99 said:

@Sweersa is right

But they are obviously not gonna leave Robin’s parts, that’s why i hope they haven’t touched SoulMonster or Zodiac

That is the part on Hard Skool I was not sure about, because the tone sounds a little different, but perhaps that's just how it was processed or mixed. 

With Absurd, the killswitch intro is surely Bucket, but I swear I can hear him somewhat buried in the outtro as well, it sounds like his tapping. I don't think it's present in the Bumblefoot Silkworms leak though, but it sounds similar to the weird Bucket like parts that were in the breakdown in that version of the song. Maybe they cut and pasted it there, and extended it.  

2 hours ago, MaskingApathy said:

He's not on HS, and him and Robin being on future material isn't going to happen.

You may be surprised. 

5 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

That is the part on Hard Skool I was not sure about, because the tone sounds a little different, but perhaps that's just how it was processed or mixed. 

With Absurd, the killswitch intro is surely Bucket, but I swear I can hear him somewhat buried in the outtro as well, it sounds like his tapping. I don't think it's present in the Bumblefoot Silkworms leak though, but it sounds similar to the weird Bucket like parts that were in the breakdown in that version of the song. Maybe they cut and pasted it there, and extended it.  

You may be surprised. 

I don't think Hard Skool's tapping is Bucket. Seems like it's just Richard emulating it with his pick, like he does it live.

About Absurd, I think the outro part you're referring to is a synth that is very audible on the RIR3 performance.

2 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

I mean usually he shows up when a new song in the setlist is about to be played, I don't think it will be played before release now as he didn't show up

That didn’t happen for Hard Skool from what i remember.