Perhaps - August 18. UPDATE IV: A New Hope (Radio Premiere Tomorrow?)

On 8/13/2023 at 8:59 AM, ZoSoRose said:

I feel like HS is an ideal GNR single in this day and age. Am I on crazy pills? Guitar riffs, Slash solo that’s actually thought out and fits the song, lots of lead guitar, Axl screaming chorus…

What is there to not like?

1 hour ago, We love Axl Rose said:

I absolutely agree with you! :headbang:

I really like HS (and Absurd), I think those were great high energy songs for them to release. So far I don't think Perhaps is going to be as enjoyable for me but I guess we'll see. I think they're going to have to release another (better) song along with it or shortly after because this one is going to be forgotten about pretty soon.

37 minutes ago, GNR 1991 said:

Perhaps no longer appears on the TouchTunes app for me (US)

It's gone on my app also.

28 minutes ago, MaskingApathy said:

I think they're going to have to release another (better) song along with it or shortly after because this one is going to be forgotten about pretty soon.

I don't believe so, the other leaks we have left are not exactly commercial or appeal to a wider audience, heavy songs like The General or SOG will always have way less fanfare in terms of quantity than a song like Perhaps, which to me sounds like it will have the most appeal to the widest audience.

Edited by StrangerInThisTown
  • Like 1

I've just heard it. I didn't know the leaks so Slash's solo works for me. Just to identify him in a GN'R song still touches My heart. It ain't Estranged's solo but is nice. Love the piano. The thing about the CD era reworked stuff is Axl's vocals. I still find them weird outside Chinese Democracy and with Slash guitar but it is what it is. 

14 minutes ago, janrichmond said:

No. My not enjoying CD is more to do with all the beeps and computer effects it has. I found it to be too busy and nothing stood out as memorable and I didn't like Axl's vocals.

I'm not hating it because Slash isn't on it, that's a bit mental :lol:

Perhaps not everyone, but I truly believe there’s a significant portion of fans, moreso casual, who never gave CD material a chance purely based off of the fact Slash wasn’t on it.

I personally feel the material stands on its own and some of the tracks are the best in the GNR discography. There are some stinkers, yes, and I agree some of the beeps and layers are stupid, but I am of the opinion that the album contains some of GNR’s best work.

Edited by AxlRoseCDII
  • Like 4

4 hours ago, 2020_Intensions said:

I'm sorry you have such high expectations for somebody who's been phoning it in for years now 

I actually don't expect much, but this was less than I had thought, even with that😄 I thought he did a good job with the guitar stuff on Absurd. HardSkool wasn't bad either. I know his solo output has dipped and his playing in general is less exciting to me at least, but I know he still takes pride in what he does and definitely doesn't want to be viewed as anything close to a weak link when a song comes out... Even if he doesn't like the song. I don't think that song would have come out if Slash and Duff hated it though. I think they are willing to go along to get along, but there's still limits.

• Gordon Comstock changed the title to Perhaps - August 18? UPDATE 3: Where Do We Go Now? (The single is removed from Touchtunes)
36 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

I don't believe so, the other leaks we have left are not exactly commercial or appeal to a wider audience, heavy songs like The General or SOG will always have way less fanfare in terms of quantity than a song like Perhaps, which to me sounds like it will have the most appeal to the widest audience.

They need to write some new (better) stuff then.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Ollster42 said:

Okay cheers I understand what was done now, but yeah who knows why Axl would like this. You think its the same deal with Perhaps solo then?

Very hard to tell with the jukebox phone recordings, so will have to wait until actual version is released. But it's not as uncommon as people hear seem to think. When we are cutting solos in my band, it could be our actual guitarist playing or my bro who guests on a couple songs or even me on lead (im a bassist by trade) laying down 3 seconds of a lick. if it's on pro tools and the same amps you can't tell its a diff guitarist, just making sure you get the best bit to fit and create the best solo. Everything is cut and paste now! Axl was well ahead of his time tbh

8 hours ago, jimisbatman said:

Is this a fact? 

Yes. 

7 minutes ago, JAxlMorrison said:

Yeah, “Perhaps” appears to be gone on my app. If it’s just coming out this Friday anyways, that’s ridiculously silly. Just leave it up, it’s getting a little buzz 🙄 

This is probably their genius manager’s way of “giving something back to the hardcore fan base” by allowing it to leak in such a way the hardcore fan base would only find out, then pulling the leak and officially releasing it to the world on Friday and then simultaneously blaming fan backlash for being “ungrateful” just so they can say in the future that they gave us something but then we acted like spoiled children. 

7 hours ago, Gaanzer said:

Stylistic choice, my behind. 😆 Sloppy drunk "edgy" editing. 

Lol, they may have been drunk but it's certainly not sloppy. it's actually 'perfectly' out of time and moves into time at an even rate, so it is very obviously intentional. Whether you think it's good or bad or ruins it, that's peoples personal opinion. 

5 minutes ago, HollyWoodRose84 said:

This is probably their genius manager’s way of “giving something back to the hardcore fan base” by allowing it to leak in such a way the hardcore fan base would only find out, then pulling the leak and officially releasing it to the world on Friday and then simultaneously blaming fan backlash for being “ungrateful” just so they can say in the future that they gave us something but then we acted like spoiled children. 

We've been excused of a lot as GNR fans...spoilt is defo never gonna be one!

Edited by colonizedmind

18 hours ago, GnR Chris said:

I like Finck’s solo. I also like Slash’s solo. They’re both good. I too don’t understand leaving in the bend. I’m hoping it sounds cleaner or more cohesive on the non-cell phone recordings. Curious to see what people who never listened to the locker leak would think of that part of the song.

Hopefully I can tell you on Friday. 

5 minutes ago, colonizedmind said:

It's gone?? That's a bad sign!! Ekkk...unless it's to relaunch on Friday! Shit! Sure it be ok but that is not a good sign....

Probably not a good sign. Would seem like just releasing the song today (live debut tomorrow in NYC/NJ) would be the smartest/easiest way to go at this juncture. Unless of course you’re not planning on releasing it anytime soon.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, alangarcianr said:

That’s some sick artwork. Definitely not AI generated. Font looks great too and it looks it wasn’t just Placed there with PS or illustrator. It blends with the artwork

edit: never mind, just seen the GNFNRS behind the skeleton and that looks amateurish

It's been taken down... suggests it may be real

• Like 1