Perhaps - August 18. UPDATE IV: A New Hope (Radio Premiere Tomorrow?)

1 minute ago, The Real McCoy said:

We know that the song is mixed, mastered, and ready to go. That’s the absolute fucking maddening part about this. 

The thing I find maddening in all of this is that the band has not openly acknowledged the song at all, the delay, the jukebox incident, the media coverage. It’s as if we’re all just imagining this and it’s not even really there 😂

Another maddening thing is that we’ve all heard it from the Village leaks so… we have heard it, we already have it… so in all seriousness, what is the huge deal? The only difference is that it will sound a little cleaner, better mix, it definitely has new guitar work and maybe vocal work? (I haven’t heard the jukebox leak). I’d be more excited to hear something new or even an unheard CD song that we have no clue about, sure it could be 20 years old but it would still be brand new to us. 

These sure are crazy times 

• Like 2

Y do you want it released if you don’t even like the song? Lol

personally, I like what I have heard. I’m glad Axl re recorded the verse. If slash had that same guitar solo on anything from UYI no one would be complaining about anything.

im starting to think gnr fans are as weird as the band 🤪

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, CAFC Nick said:

Genuinely think this will be released on Friday.

Genuinely think this will NOT be released this friday. If plans have changed, plans have changed... it makes no sense to cancel the release if you want to release it a week later anyway.

It's going to take (much) longer.

I still check this forum because I want to be wrong, I want to be surprised and see it being released... but I'm losing hope that it will.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

It would be nice to be able to add it to my playlists in good quality, how the artist intends for us to hear it, without downloading it or having to listen to it as some bizarre upload. It would be nice to be able to send it to some family and friends without explaining how much of a dork I am for knowing this and saying that this is a demo that should’ve been out last century. By the time you explain that no one gives a shit. Not to mention just be excited to see your band pretending not to be a soulless nostalgia act and actually attempting to have any artistic integrity.

This is GNR. It was supposed to come out the 11th. If they keep pushing and pushing the release, the way this band works, it will never be out. It’s Chinese Democracy all over again. The goalposts will move and move as long as the band allows Axl to, aka forever. It’s been 2 years. Entire albums, hell, entire goddamn films are made and released in that timespan. 

I understand. And just being funny here, but how the artist intends for us to hear it? I think it's blatantly obvious Axl never intended for us to hear this song.

3 hours ago, liers said:

I mean it’s a sign of the band moving forward. The sooner songs we’ve heard are released, the sooner we hopefully get stuff we haven’t heard. It seems like the General is next in line to be released. The sooner perhaps is out the sooner that comes out.

No, it doesn't seem like the General is next. There is no indication that's the case. This entire forum overnight 100% convinced themselves the General is next. 

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, D4NNY said:

The thing I find maddening in all of this is that the band has not openly acknowledged the song at all

Why would they? It's not out, it's not supposed to be out. For all intents and purposes, none of us here should have heard it yet, 20+ year-old song or not. They have no need to acknowledge something that in the wider, real world doesn't exist yet.

I think this is part of a bigger issue within Guns N' Roses' fanbase: entitlement.

As frustrating and disappointing this all is, it's the band's work – it's supposed to be heard when they release it, not when we accidentally find it or demand it. They'll acknowledge it when or if they're ready, and they'll release it when or if they're ready.

Us finding the leaks is on us. We're the ones who opened our Christmas presents the night before, leaving nothing for the big day...

Edited by DoMw94
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Caedo said:

Just saying - if they had really abandoned plans to release the song as people seem to be thinking why would they still be soundchecking it at basically every gig?

They soundchecked Hard Skool at a significant number of shows since 2019, and that song took an eternity to come out. In fairness, I could see a 2025, maybe 2026 release date for this song if the 18th doesn’t come true.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Caedo said:

Just saying - if they had really abandoned plans to release the song as people seem to be thinking why would they still be soundchecking it at basically every gig?

Clearly there was an intent to release it earlier this summer, until there wasn’t, which is why they stopped. Now it seems like it’s coming so they’re probably just boning up on the chords and all that.

1 hour ago, Rovim said:

honestly, I wasn't sure. I thought that it might happen at that date, but it wasn't official so always leaving the possibility open that shit won't get released until it actually gets released is very good advice when it comes to Gn'R imo.

as I said before many times, Axl himself said Chinese was coming out in 2006, gave tentative release date and it still got delayed and I think he truly believed it was coming out that year,

now, circumstances are maybe different, but not different enough to treat any sign of a release like it's a sure thing.

having said that, I'm surprised at the reactions to this latest incident as it wasn't official and it seems very likely that Perhaps is going to be officially released in the very near future and it's a song we've already have a leaked version of.

Before that it was coming out in May 2001.

Edited by drlaban
Wrong year.
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, DoMw94 said:

Why would they? It's not out, it's not supposed to be out, for all intents and purposes, none of us here should have heard it yet, 20+ year-old song or not

Because it’s seemingly been in the works to release for weeks now with a delay added. A lot of other bands would be talking about it and promoting the shit out of an upcoming release to help sales and even ticket sales and keep fans happy and excited. 

6 minutes ago, DoMw94 said:

Us finding the leaks is on us

The management somehow letting a juke box streaming company release the song on the originally planned date is on them, not us, but yet fans have been getting in trouble/banned on certain sites for listening to it or discussing it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

The “just live your life” people mean well but should know we are living our life. We’re not sitting around all day staring at the counter or unable to get out of bed or function. But by the same metric it’s extremely valid to care and I think it’s not fair to say you shouldn’t be anticipatory or focus on new music. GNR means a lot to all of us, and some us fixate and focus on our hobbies in life, in general, more than others. 

I agree, it’s fun to bitch about GnR. Been doing it here since 2008

• Like 1
  • ABSUЯD 1

19 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

They soundchecked Hard Skool at a significant number of shows since 2019, and that song took an eternity to come out. In fairness, I could see a 2025, maybe 2026 release date for this song if the 18th doesn’t come true.

Yeah but to be fair the big elephant in the room there was Covid knocking out the 2020 tour when it more than likely would have been released 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, D4NNY said:

The management somehow letting a juke box streaming company release the song on the originally planned date is on them, not us, but yet fans have been getting in trouble/banned on certain sites for listening to it or discussing it.

First of all, the jukebox incident isn't the only leak when it comes to this band. It's not even the only leak of this song! It's still the fans that distributed the old leaks and went to bars to record and distribute this leak. As a fan, I'm glad both those things happened, but we can't be surprised when the GN'R camp gets mad.

Even if an internal source leaked it, it still wasn't intended to be released, so again, why would they acknowledge it? Why would they openly bring attention to a fuck-up?

39 minutes ago, Theleech said:

Y do you want it released if you don’t even like the song? Lol

personally, I like what I have heard. I’m glad Axl re recorded the verse. If slash had that same guitar solo on anything from UYI no one would be complaining about anything.

im starting to think gnr fans are as weird as the band 🤪

We truly are

Edited by Free Bird