Slash's blues album set for May; single out now. SERPENT festival announced

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, ZoSoRose said:

Fuck that sucks. Check the booklet and stuff 

Yeah, I checked everywhere and then I saw on FB that someone received their CD and it looked so good. It was signed with a silver marker. I definitely would not have missed it if it was in there. I have a lot of his autographed records and CDs but was pumped about this one. I was so mad I am just now listening to it. I really like the songs and the production so far.

Edited by Tourettes2400

21 minutes ago, Tourettes2400 said:

Yeah, I checked everywhere and then I saw on FB that someone received their CD and it looked so good. It was signed with a silver marker. I definitely would not have missed it if it was in there. I have a lot of his autographed records and CDs but was pumped about this one. I was so mad I am just now listening to it. I really like the songs and the production so far.

If it makes you feel any better, when the cd's and vinyl were first put up for sale I had the signed versions in my cart... by the time I checked out they had changed to the normal versions. So I probably missed out on signed versions by like one minute :lol: But really, it's not like they cost extra, so it's not a big deal.

I've downloaded the album but haven't had a chance to listen to the whole thing yet. Listened to Metal Chestnut, it's nice but it probably didn't need to be included on this album. Stormy Monday is fucking stellar though... god damn, that really should've been the final track. I'm excited to listen to the Iggy track, too.

22 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

If it makes you feel any better, when the cd's and vinyl were first put up for sale I had the signed versions in my cart... by the time I checked out they had changed to the normal versions. So I probably missed out on signed versions by like one minute :lol: But really, it's not like they cost extra, so it's not a big deal.

I've downloaded the album but haven't had a chance to listen to the whole thing yet. Listened to Metal Chestnut, it's nice but it probably didn't need to be included on this album. Stormy Monday is fucking stellar though... god damn, that really should've been the final track. I'm excited to listen to the Iggy track, too.

Yeah, it sucks. I had the signed CD and then went back to buy the signed vinyl separately. As I checked out the same thing happened. Once I got my confirmation I cancelled the regular version. I was so excited that I got both of them and now I don't have either one, lol. I sent an email with the pictures. I am pretty sure they are not going to do anything about it, but we will see. I got on Slash's website to report an issue and this is what I got.

image.png.d23f13071afd07fbc93ed7359fb09201.png

3 hours ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

I got to say Metal Chestnut sucks and is the worst song on the album and adds nothing, Mike Clink fucked up suggesting that one. The album should've ended with the last 1 minute of Stormy Monday. It's absolutely a perfect way to end the album.

Yeah Metal Chestnut falls off in quality compared to the rest of the album after the first listen, but even when I have my favorites, like Stormy Monday, I’ve to say there’s no bad song on that record. Everything is a joy to listen to. The drummer surely knows what he’s doing. Tash Neil and Gary Clarke Jr made stellar performances with their vocals as well. I’m not sure yet if I like Demi’s vocal color but it’s s still a phenomenal rendition of PWARS.

2 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

You really shouldn’t listen to the best song first. The rest is good to great, too, but not that spectacular imo. 

4 hours ago, Amir said:

Anybody going to the Atlanta gig? I have to be there for the 11th anyway for work so may fly in a few days early for the show.

Hell yeah I am going. The venue you he is playing at is one of my all time favorite. This is a must see for me. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Free Bird said:

You really shouldn’t listen to the best song first. The rest is good to great, too, but not that spectacular imo. 

I'd also listened to The Pusher and most of Crossroads by the time I posted that, but that wasn't my point :P

I've listened to whole album now, and yea Stormy Monday is the best song, but it's all great. The weakest song was probably Key To The Highway but it would be the highlight on any of Dorothy's albums, it's not bad at all.

18 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

What a breath of fresh air. Slash needs to do an originals album with this band

I don't really like Tash's solo songs (that I've heard) but his voice fits Slash's playing well. Living For The City sounds great, an original album or EP would be awesome.

I have now listened half of the record. It sounds very very good! No bad songs so far. Different singers was a great choise. It would be "too serious" and "boring" if it had only one singer.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

just my opinion, but this album never takes off. I don't want to be too negative so I'll keep it short, but I have no interest in listening to any track from this album again. doesn't sound inspired or interesting. a few moments when it felt like to me it was going to go someplace interesting but it fell flat.

glad that many seem to like it around here though.

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 3

Posted (edited)

I just realized that this album is 70 minutes long. But still it never drags. Didn't bore me for a second nor did it feel like a long listen. You just lose yourself in the blues.

I didn't even think about it before, but then I noticed the vinyl version was 2 discs.

Credit for that to Slash as well! 

Edited by username
  • Like 4

Fucking hell, what a record!?! This is what I've been waiting for; some fucking brilliant back-to-roots non-noodling guitar from Slash and a bunch of singers other than the monotonous Myles Kennedy! Bravo Slash 👏🏼

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

i had this disc on my mailbox yesterday. I listen the whole record and it's amazing. But i can't really enjoy "Papa Was A Rolling Stone" with that voice :-( it's a little bit disappointment

I want Slash II so bad... I like these projects with different singers.. Bravo Slash!

Edited by t-p-d-a

Can't wait! Glad you're all loving it! 

I'm not having my first listen via shitty streaming, so holding out for getting the CD in a couple of hours. 

I really hope they're not playing it in the shop- I have a hate of buying something that's playing.  I've actually left a shop and come back an hour or so later to avoid that scenario in the past!