Slash's blues album set for May; single out now. SERPENT festival announced

3 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Tash is great throughout the album. I listened to some of his solo songs and they were ok, but he crushed it on Living For The City. The original is also great:

Innervisions is one of the LPs my mother handed down to me when I moved out. Absolutely classic album and I love that Slash decided to do this song. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Tash is great throughout the album. I listened to some of his solo songs and they were ok, but he crushed it on Living For The City. The original is also great:

Yeah checked Tash out when it was announced he will be the singer on tour but couldn’t find anything impressive. But  he complements Slash very well in guitar. He’s very groovy and knows how to counteract alongside Slash. His vocals on LFTC are excellent as well.

• Like 3

Great album.  The performances are great, the band is great, the singers are great, the production and mixing are great.  The songs are great.  Everything is great. 

This isn't an album I'll probably listen to all the time but it certainly is cool to have.  Can't wait til the concert.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Naupis said:

Drumming on this record is freaking brilliant.

Slash seems to have an ear for them as Fitz is an ace as well.

I think Axl went through a period of claiming Slash was trying to take over the band and frankly that probably wouldn't have been a bad thing.

Poor drumming and horrendous production values hinder what meager output GNR produces these days, and Slash seems to be right on freaking top of them right now with whatever he's doing.

Slash also recruited Matt back in the day. He knows a good drummer when he sees one.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

The older I get, the more I realize how stupid reading music reviews from someone else listening to it for you really is:lol: He disliked the Beth Hart song so much he didn't even get the TITLE correct lol. Stormy Weather? Did he even really listen to the album more than once? That single handedly shot his credibility out the window for me and I didn't care for anything else he wrote once I saw that.

And of all things he takes the most passionate performance of the record to call it unbearable. Lmao. Even if it happened that you don’t like Beth’s part you should credit the guitar work on this but basically everybody else writing a review to this has recognized the brilliance of this take. 
My wife’s already going nuts about loud music in the morning but fuck it. I have to listen to it again right now.

• Like 1

Nothing but love for this album, i am very happy with it definitely my favorite album by all my favorite bands and musicians in atleast 5 years. the production is fabulous the album sounds so good! 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, brad_k said:

Man this album is Slash’s best album in years, can’t stop listening to it. Hopefully SMKC gets put to one side now

Another SMKC album is on the way.

He's proven he can juggle three projects at one time anyway (like Myles), so there's no need to set anything aside

• Like 3

On the topic of Metal Chestnut.

In a sense this is the most exciting and enigmatic piece on the album. If I had to guess I would say that Mike Clink wanted to do this to finish off the album for two reasons. Firstly, he is working with slash again and his work with Guns N Roses was his finest work so I am sure that he wanted to recreate that classic Guns N Roses sound again...for old times sake, and also as a way to say 'yep, I can still pull out this sound...if you fans like this then I'm the man to call to produce the next GnR album!'

The second reason would be that the song obviously is crying out for an actual song to be inserted into it. It's like Slash and Mike saying 'look, we can create THAT sound, and come up with a juicy starting point, if you can write a good song then together we can make it into a CLASSIC. We are looking at you AXL! We know you love these ballads and they are very marketable! How about it? You could start by finishing this 'chestnut' if you like...'

Kind of like how he released 'die by the sword' and the intro to another of his solo songs from the SLASH album (in videos etc) a year or two before he even knew what to do with them.

This is not a song...it is an idea...it is an invitation...

'Hey AXL, we got the goods, you just need to stop by with a catchy chorus and some tasty lyrics...' 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, DoMw94 said:

Another SMKC album is on the way.

He's proven he can juggle three projects at one time anyway (like Myles), so there's no need to set anything aside

I Googled this and couldn't find anything. Where did you read about him doing a new album with Myles?

One can only dream, but I would love him to work with Mike Clink on this album too and focus on more soul driven ballads that use more of Myle's lower range. He can sound quite a lot like Chris Cornell in the lower range and god almighty, the last thing we need is more bland tuneless high pitched squealing from Myles.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Thunderquip said:

I Googled this and couldn't find anything. Where did you read about him doing a new album with Myles?

One can only dream, but I would love him to work with Mike Clink on this album too and focus on more soul driven ballads that use more of Myle's lower range. He can sound quite a lot like Chris Cornell in the lower range and god almighty, the last thing we need is more bland tuneless high pitched squealing from Myles.

Here's one example. 8m 50s in. He's said it in a few places though, it's no secret

Edited by DoMw94
  • Like 1

They should definitely do another album with this band. I wouldn't be surprised if they do. I think Slash is ready to move on from the conspirators...this is like when he formed that band, they were so good that he wanted to see what an album would look like. Of course, this album will need to do sufficiently well from a business point of view...we know Slash is a businessman at heart and will do anything for a dollar....this album is him trying to rectify that with artistic integrity, which he seems to want to pursue again.

Come on world....let's have a 'Slash 'n Tash' album!

• Confused 1

17 minutes ago, Thunderquip said:

I think Slash is ready to move on from the conspirators...

I've just shared a video with you of him literally saying he wants to do another album with the Conspirators but you somehow think he's "ready to move on"?! 😂 Where on earth are you getting such nonsense from?!

You might not want it yourself, but Slash is still very much interested in SMKC projects

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Thunderquip said:

Of course, this album will need to do sufficiently well from a business point of view...we know Slash is a businessman at heart and will do anything for a dollar.

Another weird statement. This is a passion project he's wanted to do for years. If he just wanted money this year he'd be on another GN'R tour leg

• Like 4

Listening the album from start to finish for the 5th time since yesterday now, just can't get enough, and when I'm doing other things the riffs are in my head all the time! I love that this album makes such an impression on me, it's been a long time since any album did that for me.

• Like 4