Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

1 hour ago, default_ said:

You realize this is a guns n roses forum, right? 

Know your lyrics, bro. 

Listening to GNR does allows you for acting like your livin' in the 80's sunset strip? Well, i can see where your argument leads.

In fact, comments like this in online communities only perpetuate that kind of frustrating negativity and bully environment that is bad for everybody. It's NOT cool to constantly read rude comments, especially those regarding women in the GNR world (including Melissa), about their looks, their posts on SM, and their roles within the band.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Bozo said:

Listening to GNR does allows you for acting like your livin' in the 80's sunset strip? Well, i can see where your argument leads.

In fact, comments like this in online communities only perpetuate that kind of frustrating negativity and bully environment that is bad for everybody. It's NOT cool to constantly read rude comments, especially those regarding women in the GNR world (including Melissa), about their looks, their posts on SM, and their roles within the band.

Bullshit. We are talking about both, Axl's and Slash's gut and hair. Why is it not allowed to express our opinion about Melissa's look?

What is more sexist? To speak lightly of a woman's visual appearance or to stop oneself from saying such things while speaking about her male band mate's look is ok?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, Free Bird said:

Bullshit. We are talking about both, Axl's and Slash's gut and hair. Why is it not allowed to express our opinion about Melissa's look?

What is more sexist? To speak lightly of a woman's visual appearance or to stop oneself from saying such things while speaking about her male band mate's look is ok?

Sexism got to do with reinforcing prejudice and stereotypes on the basis of gender, especially when it comes to women.

Melissa's got a slim body and she's a woman, not a stick (as someone suggested). Making fun of her because she doesn't fit the stereotype of curvy, big bottom and breasts, is sexist. Not all female bodies are the same.

Making fun of Slash and Axl's guts is fat-shaming and it is not ok either. I wouldn't call it sexist, though.

Edited by killuridols
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

40 minutes ago, Free Bird said:

Indeed there's a high interest here in Axl's and Slash's looks, that i'm particular curious to see if will remains 'till their old age. Fasten your seatbelts, cuz it's comin your way.

Besides that, killuridols exposed 'bout sexism better than i could ever do. No wonder it's a female pont of view.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, default_ said:

Bulshit, we mock Axls grandma looks, we mock Slashs belly piercing (and belly) we mock fortus manboobs, why cant we mock Melissa? Just because shes a woman? 

Where are the equal rights?

Because Axl, Fortus and Slash can kick your ass.  Melissa is too much of a lady.

• Like 1

Regarding to Melissa, I don't understand shit of keyboardings but from my POV she has key role in certain songs live, specially CD ones (Better most notably) + the backing vocals.
Not a big fan and all but also don't thing she's harmful to the band either. I have more concerns about Frank though, but not gonna bash on anyone here.

Edited by ezosk
grammar mistake

13 hours ago, ezosk said:

Regarding to Melissa, I don't understand shit of keyboardings but from my POV she has key role in certain songs live, specially CD ones (Better most notably) + the backing vocals.
Not a big fan and all but also don't thing she's harmful to the band either. I have more concerns about Frank though, but not gonna bash on anyone here.

Im one of the few that really enjoy what Melissa brings to the band, love her voice on backing vocals and I know shes useful on samples and has a key hole on layering some songs. 

But I still love to make some jokes with the members, its healthy, we dont say anything so harsh at the point people getting offended, the internet justice warriors are just overreacting. 

• Like 2

Just now, default_ said:

Im one of the few that really enjoy what Melissa brings to the band, love her voice on backing vocals and I know shes useful on samples and has a key hole on layering some songs. 

Her vocals are what brought added value to the role, which Pittman could never deliver.