What's your unpopular GN'R opinion?

27 minutes ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

I'll start with two:

1) I prefer Don't Cry (Alt Lyrics) over Don't Cry.

2) I think Chinese Democracy is some of Axl's best work.

I actually agree with both. :D

And I’ll add that Madagascar is the best GNR song ever and I don’t like bluesy guitar solos. :P

Edited by LadyMarian
  • Like 2

I'm going to really stick my neck out for my third point, and say that i don't have any problems with Paul Tobias. Guns was bound to collapse regardless of his position in the band (as there were already too many festering wounds), and he was probably one of the better-suited replacements for Gilby given his history with Axl and contributions on some older material. In saying that, there was no real reason for Gilby to be terminated.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 31illusions said:

Frank is a terrible drummer.

Frank was just a temporary replacement back in 2006/07, wasn't he? I hoped that Brain would return to the band for the tour in December 2009, but Frank got the job. 

I agree with a huge majority of whats been said so far! So most of my controversial opinions are already stated. I can only think of one more:

As long as there's always a picture of Mel in her SM posts, I could care less about all that cringey sugar bullshit. She should keep up with all the positing :wub:

• Like 1

1. That SCOM sucks.

2. That Crash Diet is the best GNR non-directly-related track EVER.

3. That the 2016 version of Rocket Queen at the Apollo was one of the best band performances I've ever seen.

4. That Buckethead was not a good fit for the band.

5. That DJ Ashba or Bumble are not good players (they are technical but zero emotion or charisma there).

6. That Melissa is better than Chris Pitman.

7. That the band doesn't need Dizzy Reed (Teddy Zig Zag Andreas was a cooler and more talented musician to be there).

8. That both Slash's Snakepit CDs would be the best GNR work with Axl's voice on it.

9. That none of the guys are as good in their solo career's as when they are together (Izzy's work is awful, after Snakepit Slash just produced generic rock, Duff is good, but His songs are not that eletric, Matt's awfull, Steven's just awful work, Gilby is cool but too Rolling Stone-esc, ChiDem, well, you know).

10. And that Izzy may have the charisma, but the best rythm that the band had ever had was Fortus.

Edited by Legendador

1. Slash and Frank have noticeably gotten worse since their earlier tours with GN'R

2. Bryan was an overrated drummer

3. Wtf is everyone liking Chris Pitman for?

4. Chinese Democracy is as hit and miss as the UYI albums, and even the great tracks are overproduced-hence the live performances are 100X better

5. Duff's vibe within the band seems diminished, he almost seems like Geezer butler now; just stands there, playing, he doesn't have the same chemistry it seems

Coma is a boring and overly long song

Oh my God is average

Slash wasn't really on form for the NITL tour

NITL was a bit of an anti climax. Good but not great. And the setlist was good, albeit repetitive after the first year.

Frank is a better drummer than most give him credit for, and I firmly believe he's rushed feel on NITL was a choice made by Slash and Duff. 

Chinese democracy is a good/great album. 

As nice a guy as Frank is, and an excellent player (especially during the CD era), I think Brain would have been a better fit with Slash and Duff.

My world isn't GNRs worst song.

Since I don't have you is one of the best gnr recordings and is one of Axls finest moments.

51 minutes ago, alfierose said:

Also 

Slash's RQ solo live goes on too long and somewhat spoils the momentum of the song. (not sure if this qualifies as unpopular as I'm not the only one to say it)

How did I forget this!!!? Yes!

Edited by Tom2112
  • Like 3