GNRfanMILO

Hard School FULL LEAK Discussion **NO LINKS**7 Day Suspension For Asking For Links**

Holy fuck, that was great. Where the fuck has this been for the last 20 years?

We could have got this on the album instead of Shackler's Revenge and Scrapped?

Edited by AtariLegend

5 minutes ago, WhazUp said:

In 2006-2007 Chinese still hadn't come out yet and Slash wasn't back, so the leaks back then were more noteworthy and huge because those were the first legitimate recordings of what Axl had been up to this whole time

Now in 2019, Chinese has been out for over 10 years and it's release was imperfect plus Slash and Duff are back so now the only people that care this much about these old CD era leaks are the hardcore fans now

Yep. 💯

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, WhazUp said:

In 2006-2007 Chinese still hadn't come out yet and Slash wasn't back, so the leaks back then were more noteworthy and huge because those were the first legitimate recordings of what Axl had been up to this whole time

Now in 2019, Chinese has been out for over 10 years and it's release was imperfect plus Slash and Duff are back so now the only people that care this much about these old CD era leaks are the hardcore fans now

There'd be money in a nice 1998-2008 box set though. And as far as that goes the earlier the better. I'd be most interested in the 1998-2002 stuff. Anything after that seems to have only made things worse. 

51axROL04IL.jpg 

Either call it Chinese Takeout or Chinese Leftovers. 

This is a great rockin tune, screw the haters! The sad thing is this is easily something Slash could have played on even back then. Musically Slash and Axl weren't that far apart.

Edit: The intro sounds very much like Whale And Wasp from Alice in Chains and it's beautiful, then it rocks your face.

Edited by Basic_GnR_Fan
  • Like 1

It's alright.  Kinda liked the mystique of the snippet we've had for years more than the full leak.

Let's hear General next.

10 minutes ago, Basic_GnR_Fan said:

This is a great rockin tune, screw the haters! The sad thing is this is easily something Slash could have played on even back then. Musically Slash and Axl weren't that far apart.

the chorus is old gnr like. but the rest: no.

Just now, Gackt said:

It's alright.  Kinda liked the mystique of the snippet we've had for years more than the full leak.

Let's hear General next.

the General and Atlas will be such a let down...cause both songs has no chorus at all.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Creed said:

the chorus is old gnr like. but the rest: no.

Huh? This is just a quick hard rock song with some early 2000's flair. It's not industrial or anything.

16 minutes ago, Creed said:

the General and Atlas will be such a let down...cause both songs has no chorus at all.

How do you know? 

17 minutes ago, Gackt said:

Let's hear General next.

I strongly believe The General will be the biggest let down on the whole modern gnr history. :lol:

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Gnrfan2001 said:

Brain cannot play that sharply to save his life.

Freeses rolls are tight and precise. Every time he hits the pad his mind already knows where he’s going so he’s already getting off. Season drummer sure but best drummer GNR has ever had.

Brains cymbal crashes are louder, more sloppy. His drum kicks deeper with an extra beat delay. So hip hop. You get what you pay for. Really kills the chemistry with Tommy. Matt 2.0.

I noticed pitman has a little synth line before the vocals kick in and some beeps in the very beginning of the intro barely there but this all sounds quite similar to IRS 1999 or whatever the first leaked version is 

Agreed. Listen to josh freeze on nin - discipline. He is mechanical. He’s like a drum machine.

4 minutes ago, Arnuld said:

How do you know? 

21 minutes ago, Creed said:

Strongly disagree. Just listening to 1:17 of atlas shrugged, you can tell it’s a masterpiece. Clamoring for the full version so hard. 

Listened to it a few more times, quick thoughts:

• Sounds very unfinished, both mixing and songwriting-wise
  • Similar to Going Down, various instruments and segments feel pasted-on to flesh out the song, such as having another outro with a random Bucket solo buried in the mix
  • Likely a part of the 1999 recording sessions, judging from the overall sound, the Silkworms-like progression, Finck/Freese/Pitman instrumentation

Impression I get is Axl ditched pursuing the song at some point while choosing what songs made the album, but it was still tampered with over the years.  It'd be more listenable with some work done on all fronts, otherwise I can totally see why it didn't even make the cut as a bonus track.

I saw lyrics to this song like few years ago with the line "Motherfucker in this game, checkmate" or something like that.
Thank god it wasn't true.

On 24/08/2019 at 6:46 PM, alfierose said:

That's a standard opinion for this forum. We always think they're about Slash. :rofl-lol:

I remember people trying to suggest Street of Dreams, This I Love and There Was A Time were about Slash :nervous:.

1 hour ago, Voodoochild said:

IMO:

Intro: Robin

00:28 - power chords - Paul Tobias?

02:07 - Paul Tobias (with Robin in the right channel)

02:18 - 2nd solo - Robin

02:30 - 3rd solo - Robin and Bucket's faint overdub acting kinda like a moody delay layer

03:18 - Chorus - Bucket

03:30 - Chorus 2 - Bucket continues and Robin plays high bends higher in the mix

03:41 - Crescendo - Bucket tapping with Robin trem

03:53 - Ending - Bucket continues and Robin plays the higher notes

this exactly this

2 hours ago, jacdaniel said:

If that was a smkc song, the reaction would be meh, generic etc. 

Its a pretty shit song. Sounds like Nu Metal. Solo is bad. Not surprised it didn’t make the cut. 

You must not know what nu metal was, or perhaps think it's something else.

1 hour ago, WhazUp said:

This. I sent the song to 3 of my friends and they all said it was a good song but if I didn't show them I doubt they would have ever heard it

After listening a few more times I’m starting to dig it a bit more. At the very least, it’s refreshing to hear Axl sing a proper rock song. 

The one thing that really bugs me about the Nu Guns era is the lack of riffs. 

25 minutes ago, AtariLegend said:

I remember people trying to suggest Street of Dreams, This I Love and There Was A Time were about Slash :nervous:.

I've personally never seen anyone claim TWAT and This I Love are about Slash. 

I'm reasonably sure I'm the only person who thinks The Blues is about him. I'm fine being in the minority on that one though :)

If Tobias really is the main writer on this, then I imagine slash wouldn’t mind sharing writing credits with him, since he’s already credited alongside Axl as the main writer of Shadow of Your Love and Back Off, Bitch.

Also, to the people saying this isn't getting any attention; I think that's a weekend thing. I'm sure it'll get picked up by all the music outlets tomorrow.