Hard School FULL LEAK Discussion **NO LINKS**7 Day Suspension For Asking For Links**

50 minutes ago, Gnrfan2001 said:

Brain cannot play that sharply to save his life.

Freeses rolls are tight and precise. Every time he hits the pad his mind already knows where he’s going so he’s already getting off. Season drummer sure but best drummer GNR has ever had.

Brains cymbal crashes are louder, more sloppy. His drum kicks deeper with an extra beat delay. So hip hop. You get what you pay for. Really kills the chemistry with Tommy. Matt 2.0.

I noticed pitman has a little synth line before the vocals kick in and some beeps in the very beginning of the intro barely there but this all sounds quite similar to IRS 1999 or whatever the first leaked version is 

Agreed. Listen to josh freeze on nin - discipline. He is mechanical. He’s like a drum machine.

4 minutes ago, Arnuld said:

How do you know? 

21 minutes ago, Creed said:

the General and Atlas will be such a let down...cause both songs has no chorus at all.

Strongly disagree. Just listening to 1:17 of atlas shrugged, you can tell it’s a masterpiece. Clamoring for the full version so hard. 

Listened to it a few more times, quick thoughts:

• Sounds very unfinished, both mixing and songwriting-wise
  • Similar to Going Down, various instruments and segments feel pasted-on to flesh out the song, such as having another outro with a random Bucket solo buried in the mix
  • Likely a part of the 1999 recording sessions, judging from the overall sound, the Silkworms-like progression, Finck/Freese/Pitman instrumentation

Impression I get is Axl ditched pursuing the song at some point while choosing what songs made the album, but it was still tampered with over the years.  It'd be more listenable with some work done on all fronts, otherwise I can totally see why it didn't even make the cut as a bonus track.

1 hour ago, Voodoochild said:

IMO:

Intro: Robin

00:28 - power chords - Paul Tobias?

02:07 - Paul Tobias (with Robin in the right channel)

02:18 - 2nd solo - Robin

02:30 - 3rd solo - Robin and Bucket's faint overdub acting kinda like a moody delay layer

03:18 - Chorus - Bucket

03:30 - Chorus 2 - Bucket continues and Robin plays high bends higher in the mix

03:41 - Crescendo - Bucket tapping with Robin trem

03:53 - Ending - Bucket continues and Robin plays the higher notes

this exactly this

2 hours ago, jacdaniel said:

If that was a smkc song, the reaction would be meh, generic etc. 

Its a pretty shit song. Sounds like Nu Metal. Solo is bad. Not surprised it didn’t make the cut. 

You must not know what nu metal was, or perhaps think it's something else.

1 hour ago, WhazUp said:

Now in 2019, Chinese has been out for over 10 years and it's release was imperfect plus Slash and Duff are back so now the only people that care this much about these old CD era leaks are the hardcore fans now

This. I sent the song to 3 of my friends and they all said it was a good song but if I didn't show them I doubt they would have ever heard it

25 minutes ago, AtariLegend said:

I remember people trying to suggest Street of Dreams, This I Love and There Was A Time were about Slash :nervous:.

I've personally never seen anyone claim TWAT and This I Love are about Slash. 

I'm reasonably sure I'm the only person who thinks The Blues is about him. I'm fine being in the minority on that one though :)

9 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

I've personally never seen anyone claim TWAT and This I Love are about Slash. 

I'm reasonably sure I'm the only person who thinks The Blues is about him. I'm fine being in the minority on that one though :)

Definitely remember Lofton making the same argument about the blues years ago, while others were claiming it was about Everly and a miscariage (or was it an abortion). A certain slasholic from there claimed This I Love was about Slash like every other track.

Edited by AtariLegend

1 minute ago, Towelie said:

Question for you guys...

If you were a betting man, do you reckon there's good odds on us getting Atlas Shrugged in the coming weeks?

Im  not a betting man and would say yup

Just now, AtariLegend said:

Definitely remember Lofton making the same argument about the blues years ago, while others were claiming it was about Everly and a miscariage. A certain slasholic obessed with from there claimed This I Love was about Slash like other track.

Fair enough. I'm sure people have made all sorts of claims that I've forgotten about lol. 

I'll always stick by my feelings about The Blues. For the record, I think that's the only song on CD that's directly about Slash. 

I don't think Hard School is about him either. 

1 minute ago, AtariLegend said:

Definitely remember Lofton making the same argument about the blues years ago, while others were claiming it was about Everly and a miscariage. A certain slasholic obessed with from there claimed This I Love was about Slash like other track.

Miscariage take comes from the " what I thought was beautiful don't live in you anymore" line

song is great and I'd bet money that Slash could make it even greater

in other news they need to release this via proper outlet.  I'll pay money.  I found the song on an adult website and oh the things I saw......  I cant unsee........ wish I could.  but to each their own. those two fellas must have been workout buddies or something.

if this doesnt prove that some will do anything to hear new music, I dont know what will.  well, off to wash my eyes out with bleach!

• Haha 2

I just can’t help but to keep thinking about what could have been. Say Axl actually released this song (completed), and all the leftovers, including The General, Atlas, etc and performed them at shows. How different would things be now, if at all? He would have a clean slate. We keep hearing about this “new album”, which we all (fairly) assume is just CD leftovers. But had he released all CD material he had, would we even be having a discussion about a “new album”?