Mega_Music

09/28/19 - Louisville KY - Louder Than Life Festival

15 minutes ago, F*ck Fear said:

I would be happy for those who are going to this, but the fact that it's most likely going to be the shits makes me wonder how people can afford to blow away their money.

there won't be no music i think. Same setlist as before. 

1 hour ago, GnR Chris said:

Got a pair of tickets today. Not a bad price at all at $70 each. I normally spring for pit tickets to GNR shows that cost me almost $300 each. Not too far to drive from Chicago. Rock and roll.

Ditto!  

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, sidman69 said:

there won't be no music i think. Same setlist as before. 

If it is the same setlist, is there something worse than lazy? 

15 minutes ago, Bailey96 said:

Axl

• Haha 3

15 minutes ago, Bailey96 said:

They play for three hours and play nearly all their well-known songs. How is that lazy? It's a rhetorical question, by the way, because you made a dumb statement.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, TMAC20 said:

As far as new music - what do u cats think Slash is doing with the month of March off  

Writting...

For SMKC.

30 minutes ago, GnR Chris said:

They play for three hours and play nearly all their well-known songs. How is that lazy? It's a rhetorical question, by the way, because you made a dumb statement.

Still what band plays three straight years with pretty much the same setlist. Even if you don’t add new songs, they could cut the setlist and rearrange the songs they play. 

• GNFNR 1

6 hours ago, Bitchisback said:

Realistically what could you possibly be doing on a Saturday night in September that is better than seeing Guns n Fucking Roses live. 

Seeing Guns n Fucking Roses live while they play The General.

Although I can imagine Axl passing out trying that high verse live.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, allwaystired said:

Absolutely amazed that people honestly seem to think new material is going to get played. 

Even a band who have worked together for many, many years don't just pull new material out of their arse....let alone a band who haven't, and whose members have been touring in side projects consistently since their last show! 

Totally unrealistic and amazingly naive to expect it. 

That ginger tosser's been hoarding "new" music for 20 years. What's unrealistic is that guys with work ethic like Slash and Duff haven't found the time to add their parts at any point in the last 3 years.

1 hour ago, Bailey96 said:

I would laugh if its the same setlist as nitl.

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Sydney Fan said:

I would laugh if its the same setlist as nitl.

I would faint if it's NOT the same setlist as NITL :P

Can't see them working up 15 new / alternate songs to spice up the set. Maybe 1 or two songs might get added, and at that if we've seen anything with Guns and touring it's that they rarely change up a set. There's no reason that GNR couldn't operate like Metallica and swap out songs each night and constantly keep adding new songs as well as classic deep cuts... Metallica do far more before a show (and in general) with meet and greets, press, warm ups than GNR and they still manage to make the time.

All the same, who knows! having just put GNR on blast, I'll back off and say it'll be what it'll be! I'm not going to the show, so it really doesn't matter one way or the other to me! but I hope that the people going get a great fresh show!

Edited by Tom2112

20 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

Can't see them working up 15 new / alternate songs to spice up the set. Maybe 1 or two songs might get added, and at that if we've seen anything with Guns and touring it's that they rarely change up a set. There's no reason that GNR couldn't operate like Metallica and swap out songs each night and constantly keep adding new songs as well as classic deep cuts... Metallica do far more before a show (and in general) with meet and greets, press, warm ups than GNR and they still manage to make the time.

All the same, who knows! having just put GNR on blast, I'll back off and say it'll be what it'll be! I'm not going to the show, so it really doesn't matter one way or the other to me! but I hope that the people going get a great fresh show!

Agree on this. 

21 minutes ago, nycgunner said:

Sorry if I missed it, but which night are they playing?

28 Saturday.

I like the logo with the bats (Louisville Sluggers for those that don't follow baseball). 

image.png

sept 28... and the whining already begins :lol: 

REALLY hope they premiere a new song or some sort of tease. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Tom2112 said:

you are right and you can replace Metallica with dozens of other bands that do the same. Skid Row does changes to the setlist every tour, they do 100+ shows every year since 2013 and always have time to hang out with the fans. they released 2 eps and a full length album is coming. they treat their fans like gold and don t milk them. GNR just doesn t do anything beside playing shows together...

9 minutes ago, Natty said:

GNR just doesn t do anything beside playing shows together...

But you'd go to see them on a next EU tour, with or without new music, and if I had to drag you there:P

• Haha 1

I saw Faith No More at a festival show in Hyde Park in 2014 and they debuted two new songs. Was definitely an odd venue to choose to do so, lost the crowd for a bit, especially since they weren't the headliners.

That said, I would have completely lost my shit if it were GNR instead :P

28 minutes ago, Amir said:

I saw Faith No More at a festival show in Hyde Park in 2014 and they debuted two new songs. Was definitely an odd venue to choose to do so, lost the crowd for a bit, especially since they weren't the headliners.

That said, I would have completely lost my shit if it were GNR instead :P

Yeah, that is true. Must be such a downer to debut a new song and have the crowd shrugging. Well, that's festivals for you, of course. At least here on the forum we'd be going berserk.