Jump to content
jacdaniel

The "New Album" Thread

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, AlterL said:

what if that one song was a fucking great song ala November Rain, Rocket Queen, Prostitute, TWAT or Estranged?

I still wouldn't have much interest to be honest. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I mean, I'll take something over nothing. I'll take one song over nothing. But it would feel like "Shadow of Your Love" if they release "Hardschool." Like, OK. It's out there already, and though it was a cool addition to the set list, it wouldn't satiate our appetites. Well, I guess I should speak for myself. It wouldn't satiate my appetite and would feel like a copout.

Edited by GnR Chris
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, TheSlashrose said:

1993-2000, no tours, no news, only Oh My God .

You said they were inactive for 7 years but it's closer to 10.

'93-2000 and 2003-2005, Axl did 'voice acting' in Grand Theft Auto in 2004(?) but otherwise nothing happened lol. I actually forgot about Greatest Hits until now but the only band activity around that was lawsuits. :lol:

 

16 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

I'd honestly rather just get nothing instead of one song. 

One song would give them an excuse to keep touring honestly. They don't even need to say 'the album's coming in 3 months' or whatever, just let people know there's new music and there will be interest from the general 'rock' audience. Not gonna lie, if they played Dead Horse, Locomotive, maybe another UYI deep cut and an actual new song on this tour, I'd go see them again whenever the US (and maybe Canada?) shows get happen. I have no interest in another NITL show though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Trin9498 said:

Hahaha. I google them too everyday 

Damn I thought I was alone with this. :lol:

Edited by GoForJMark

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RussTCB said:

I still wouldn't have much interest to be honest. 

But they would need to release a single before an album, that what most bands do. I think a new song would a step on the right direction

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Manfisman said:

But they would need to release a single before an album, that what most bands do. I think a new song would a step on the right direction

Honestly GNR would probably just go and release an album without a single, it is the first Axl and Slash new material since 1991, thats huge and will generate a fair bit of hype. Plus when does GNR do things that make sense

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

You said they were inactive for 7 years but it's closer to 10.

'93-2000 and 2003-2005, Axl did 'voice acting' in Grand Theft Auto in 2004(?) but otherwise nothing happened lol. I actually forgot about Greatest Hits until now but the only band activity around that was lawsuits. :lol:

 

One song would give them an excuse to keep touring honestly. They don't even need to say 'the album's coming in 3 months' or whatever, just let people know there's new music and there will be interest from the general 'rock' audience. Not gonna lie, if they played Dead Horse, Locomotive, maybe another UYI deep cut and an actual new song on this tour, I'd go see them again whenever the US (and maybe Canada?) shows get happen. I have no interest in another NITL show though.

Oh wait.... Maybe I misspoke. Hopefully I can clarify: I don't mean that they have to release a full album that day. I totally get that they would release a single first. However, I would want the single to be part of an announcement of a full new album coming this year. 

To me, if they release one song after with zero intention of a full album to follow, that's just a giant slap in the face to all of their fans who've waited forever for new music. 

1 hour ago, Manfisman said:

But they would need to release a single before an album, that what most bands do. I think a new song would a step on the right direction

See above. Hopefully I clarified myself. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Especially if the one song is just Hard School with Slash and Duff dubs on it. As much as I would like an official release of that song, it would say a lot about the band if they tried to market one 20+ year old song as something entirely new to promote a tour. Even further we know Axl hasn’t done anything on it since the 90’s.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

Especially if the one song is just Hard School with Slash and Duff dubs on it. As much as I would like an official release of that song, it would say a lot about the band if they tried to market one 20+ year old song as something entirely new to promote a tour. Even further we know Axl hasn’t done anything on it since the 90’s.

I get your point. It would be a shame if they weren't able to create anything new together since the reunion. But... technically it's a new song to the majority of the fans, as it wasn't officially released before. (SOYL is another case)

Don't cry, November rain,  etc ... for example, were written many years before the Illusion albums came out...

Edited by ZODIAC

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, RussTCB said:

I'd honestly rather just get nothing instead of one song. 

I hope you don’t mean the song Nothing......😂 (just joking). I mean - what is that track anyways?!?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ZODIAC said:

I get your point. It would be a shame if they weren't able to create anything new together since the reunion. But... technically it's a new song to the majority of the fans, as it wasn't officially released before. (SOYL is another case)

Don't cry, November rain,  etc ... for example, were written many years before the Illusion albums came out...

I've had this discussion here a few pages back. It's not the same thing, they need a brand-new song as a single. 

On 12. 1. 2020 at 2:07 PM, jamillos said:

Doesn't matter, this is a different situation. Is it really that hard to see my point? They need to show the world what they're capable of now, not what some former variant created two decades ago - that can be included in the record, but the single should be a representative of the current existence. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They can't just release an album unexpectedly can they? The release date has to be known by stores right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, RussTCB said:

I still wouldn't have much interest to be honest. 

I understand your position about this. Like beggars can't be choosers but 1 new tune and nothing else afterwards will be a joke after all this time. The proper way to do this is a double album cause I don't know if there will be more than 1 new Gn'R release of original material, if that.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, siraddam said:

They can't just release an album unexpectedly can they? The release date has to be known by stores right?

They can online theoretically - for example D'Angelo dropped Black Messiah out of nowhere in 2014 and the physical editions followed shortly after

However in order for that to happen they actually have to decide to release new material, so I would say that will probably not happen anyway :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jamillos said:

I've had this discussion here a few pages back. It's not the same thing, they need a brand-new song as a single. 

 

Generally, i agree that the band should show what they're capable of now, but most people won't care, and to them, it will be new and good as long as the big three are on it. Besides, we don't know how much Hardschool would theoretically change. Nor do we know if it even was a CD era song to begin with. It could have been something Duff and Slash were working on in the mid 90s. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

Generally, i agree that the band should show what they're capable of now, but most people won't care, and to them, it will be new and good as long as the big three are on it. Besides, we don't know how much Hardschool would theoretically change. Nor do we know if it even was a CD era song to begin with. It could have been something Duff and Slash were working on in the mid 90s. 

I we even can speak for most people, then I think they actually would care if the band released a single, and the mass media would go "yea, but it’s like a 20-year old thing, the rendition of which you may have heard within the 2019 leaks". My point still stands: new era = new song (as a single; the rest of the album is a different story), regardless whether Duff was still in that dysfunctional band at the song’s origins or whatever. It’s like they used to open with Jungle, and once CD was out, they started opening with Chinese D., as a promotion of a sort. It even had its own opening riff, same as Jungle had one.

I don’t know why people are so opposed to this point of view (as it seems to me here). It’s a new era. I want a clear statement. Give me a clear statement, meaning a new song from you guys. Then take as much time as you need for the rest of the record.

Oh and release a goddamn dvd in the meantime, would you?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can see the headlines:

FIRST NEW SONG RELEASE BY GUNS N ROSES SINCE THE RETURNING OF SLASH IS ACTUALLY A SONG SLASH HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH

Read more.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To y’all saying that if they’ll release something we already know you’ll be disappointed... do you really think that Slash and Duff are going to just rerecord old parts note to note? They will change it. First thing. Second, we heard like 4 songs with vocals. Axl’s vocals will do massive change to instrumentals we already heard.

Third thing, Hardschool is clearly unfinished, so you folks that saying you love it but want something new.. Ok, but if Hardschool is already good wouldn’t it be great to hear full finished version? 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

On 12.1.2020 at 9:37 AM, jamillos said:
5 minutes ago, sl4yer said:

To y’all saying that if they’ll release something we already know you’ll be disappointed... do you really think that Slash and Duff are going to just rerecord old parts note to note? They will change it. First thing. Second, we heard like 4 songs with vocals. Axl’s vocals will do massive change to instrumentals we already heard.

Third thing, Hardschool is clearly unfinished, so you folks that saying you love it but want something new.. Ok, but if Hardschool is already good wouldn’t it be great to hear full finished version? 

 

Worst scenario - it's Hard School with just the exact same vocals as the demo version. :/

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, El Guapo said:

 

 

Worst scenario - it's Hard School with just the exact same vocals as the demo version. :/

But probably the most likely scenario as well.. 

I hope Axl changes the vocals though and adapts it to his current voice so he can perform it live without having a stroke

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I very much hope Axl keeps the vocals he recorded during the Chinese sessions as in my opinion, it shows him at the top of his game. If it's a struggle to sing live, just do whatever he done to knock AC/DC out of the park and get back to firing on all cylinders.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

What if they take their use of 'f' to a new level and call the album 'GNFNR'?

2edgy4me

23 minutes ago, Dean said:

I very much hope Axl keeps the vocals he recorded during the Chinese sessions as in my opinion, it shows him at the top of his game. If it's a struggle to sing live, just do whatever he done to knock AC/DC out of the park and get back to firing on all cylinders.

 

You mean... make an effort?

Now we're being very unreasonable with our demands.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Exactly. AC/DC proved Axl can turn it on when he wants to. GnR is just phoning it in 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I honestly dont think hardschool is good enough to be the first single, B-side material at best.

  • Like 3
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×