Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

8 minutes ago, kiwiguns said:

Unfortunately different era of the music industry. The industry has changed and evolved and making albums isn't the bread and butter of the music industry any more. Touring is were the money is generated in today's music industry for all artists. The promoters have the leverage over artists, as the demand is in people wanting to buy concert tickets then albums leaving record labels powerless compared to the control labels had in the music industry over the past decades. 

Yeah I know. I was just stating the obvious... A bit like Captain Obvious 😉 

You never know... A new tour might bring a new album!? Or tuther way round 

1 hour ago, WildStar said:

Good shout but I don't think Matt was impressed. If Corey Taylor wasn't good enough I don't think there's many out there that'd cut it. 

I'm grateful I made the most of the VR years and saw a lot of gigs. When you think about it VR only lasted 4 years which is less than the current Guns reunion. 2 albums to Zero

Yeah, well, even though I listened to YouTube recordings of Corey doing Slither and other GNR material, he never cut it for me as a VR singer. I don't know whether or not you listened to James Michael and Sixx: A.M. but that guy knows how to sing... he isn't raspy as Corey but definitely has that Scott sound to his voice and can reach higher octaves. Also a better singing ability, songwriting not so much...

VR had a good run. Those songs, vids,  are still good, real rock n roll.  ScottW was a good frontman. Unfortunately...drugs just don't work. SabastianB would have been a good frontman and he is still alive.                               I doubt VR will come back. Slash n Duff have moved on and have other stuff.

Edited by Amaya

Then Niven is off there. Slash, Duff are only GnR   from VR, their band, in GnR NITLT.                                                               Like I always say, Not Ever In This Lifetime will you see Slash, Duff, Axl, Izzy, Steven,  and Matt on stage together.  They could have all done a NITL tour ,even this new old tour for 2020,  just House of Blues clubs.    Short run.   Like I always say, read between the lines. Look at right is  in front your face for proof.      I was just watching VR on you tube and Izzy showed up, guest for a Mr.Brownstone, during one of VRs shows. That was , of course, so long ago. Thing is you had Duff, Slash, Matt ,their band, but they invited Izzy.  RnR H of Fame. No Izzy and Axl. Izzy did play as a guest    for Nu GnR of Axl's years, years ago.   These guys are all over 55 now. They need not one day all show up together at one of their funerals. 

5 hours ago, rocknroll41 said:

If you ask Alan Niven tho, he’d tell you that VR did in fact come back, since according to him, the NITL lineup is really just “Velvet Roses”! :P

Wow, what an unexpected thing from him! As unexpected as TB using "F'n" in their Facebook notices...

On 2/22/2020 at 12:57 AM, jamillos said:

I still think Slash should have taken Sebastian Bach. "Predictable" or not, it could have been awesome. 

But now, Slash doing anything outside GNR would mean GNR not being in the studio. Screw that. 

Nah it would've sounded too 80s. With Scott it sounded more contemporary.

On 2/22/2020 at 3:51 AM, default_ said:

I honestly think Scott was the weakest link on VR. Id be fine id they reunited, but that will never happen.

I agree. The biggest thing about BE was Slash and that he had Matt and Duff with him.

53 minutes ago, janrichmond said:

Kat's getting better at photoshop i see

I don't get why they bother to photoshop the photos. The guys almost 60 years old and not really expected to look well, why bother? I wonder if he asks for them to be shopped or if people literally just do it by choice.

3 minutes ago, registra said:

I don't get why they bother to photoshop the photos. The guys almost 60 years old and not really expected to look well, why bother? I wonder if he asks for them to be shopped or if people literally just do it by choice.

I have no idea, my guess is, it's done before he approves it for release

2 hours ago, scooby845 said:

more like something between Libertad and Chinese...

Libertad had a strong Scott Weiland influence. Contraband was more Slash / Duff (and Matt / Dave) sound with lyrics written later.

Funny thing is Contraband and Chinese are nothing alike :lol:

Edited by Lethalis
  • Like 1