Appetite for Destruction Remastered General Thread

Just now, GNR 1991 said:

Shadow sounds good. Wouldn't mind them dusting it off for the upcoming Euro leg. I don't know why people think release has any bearing on future original material being released. This is just something to tide people over while Axl/DC and Slash's solo take over 2019.

Why is the Shadow single not on Apple Music yet?

You can buy it from iTunes haha 

Just now, GNR 1991 said:

Shadow sounds good. Wouldn't mind them dusting it off for the upcoming Euro leg. I don't know why people think release has any bearing on future original material being released. This is just something to tide people over while Axl/DC and Slash's solo take over 2019.

It’s in the super deluxe edition listing. You can buy it from there.

1 minute ago, GNR 1991 said:

its on apple music under the AFD remaster album

2 minutes ago, GNR 1991 said:

Remember Axl's comments on twitter comparing the Apple guy to Trump. Sorry his name escapes me right now.

He was upset about the whole album thing

Edited by BOSSY78
Autocorrect sucks

1 minute ago, colonizedmind said:

All in good time...over next 10 years I suspect a lot more stuff is gonna come...this is the beginning....

Yeah, that's true too.  If this sells well (I'm sure it will) they will probably release some sort of Not In This Lifetime Tour Box Set with the live show Blu Rays....I would think, anyway. :shrugs:

Just now, t-p-d-a said:

is the Shadow Of Your Love in standard tuning or half step down?

Half step down, in Eb standard tuning.  The original Hollywood Rose one is played in the key of B and all GNR versions are Bb

1 minute ago, action said:

shadow of your love is the appetite 5. a *new* fucking song from the appetite 5. steven is there, izzy, duff, slash, axl. and it's gonna be blasting out of radios all over the world.

I know hardcore fans already know this song, but fuck that. Today is a great day to be a GNR fan and I'm in awe.

Ya, gotta have the worldly foresight to remember us in here is a small percentage of who SOYL is gonna reach ! This is already being hailed as a "2nd coming"...
let's ride it, been enough bad times with GNR, let us make the best of this 

1. Then more chance of other good fruit (Old + New stuff in future)

2. It's nice to be positive sometimes 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, GNR 1991 said:

I found it in Apple Music in the albums section for Guns N’ Roses. It didn’t show up when I searched for the song title. 

1 minute ago, colonizedmind said:

Ya, gotta have the worldly foresight to remember us in here is a small percentage of who SOYL is gonna reach ! This is already being hailed as a "2nd coming"...
let's ride it, been enough bad times with GNR, let us make the best of this 

1. Then more chance of other good fruit (Old + New stuff in future)

2. It's nice to be positive sometimes 

Damn straight.

18 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

I'm into lithos and think these are neat but they arent nearly as alluring as a show one. 10000 of these boxes are going out. Thats a ton

It is but its being offered to a much bigger market than say a concert Litho.

Okay, I was wrong, it IS on Apple Music. You have to look under albums, find Appetite deluxe, and Shadow will be the only track you can stream.

Let's get this shit on the BB Hot 100, keep it streaming all night lol

Some first thoughts

- $999, LOL

- Smart marketing with the 73/49. That was disappointing! I expected more because of those numbers. 

- No live show, big miss! Really would be cool to include.

- 180 is too much for what it is imo. I want the 4 cd's, dont really care for the rest.

- might go for the 4 cds in digital format as it's the only reasonably priced option.

Edited by username

With the current state of rock radio (from my point of view, since I work in radio) - rock radio is dead. It’s a bunch of 90s bands hanging on for dear life, and new bands releasing cover songs because they can’t handle writing their own songs.

This will go #1 at rock radio easily. GNR saves the format? How sweet that would be.

• Like 1

I said the same thing earlier action, this is a good feeling all around and it makes u see the positives( we’ve been waiting a long time , and to see how easy this was for them to do, it can still be easy to release other stuff, and good for Steven and Izzy , they stood their ground and their buddies realized this was all of them struggling together 💪🏻

21 minutes ago, Kasanova King said:

I just did the math.  According to those old rumors, the record label supposedly lost around $10 million on Chinese Democracy.  $1000 per box set X 10,000 units is $10 million dollars.  Coincidence?  :lol:

Likely not and this also would free them up I believe to release another album on their own in the future.

Didn't they owe one more release?