"General Musings" " Thread for all of "Thoughts On" all GnR things in the universe.

In truth, not a Guns N’ Roses album, but an Axl Rose and Friends production, as not another single member from the band’s original line-up is present here. In their place is a virtual militia of guitar players — often four to five at a time — and an extended crew of keyboardists, including Use Your Illusion-era Dizzy Reed. 

Okay who here wrote the Apple Music description of Chinese democracy ? 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, We love Axl Rose said:

Also, on this day 1991. Izzy officially left the band.

He really was the top songwriter in the band, imo. Juju hounds was a brilliant record. Honestly I can't blame him for leaving all of it behind. I wonder if he's on talking terms with any of the others. They should have done the right thing and split the money equally for the reunion. I don't understand why they treat him like that. Didn't make sense in 1991 and it sure as hell didn't make any in 2016. Baffling décision.

Edited by Sonic Reducer

I just went through all of the Illusions during a run a few days ago, and boy, what a kick ass instrumental Get in the Ring is! Sure, the lyrics are outdated, forgettable and dumb, but how cool would it be if they'd bust out that song as an instrumental jam during a concert. Slashs leads are so cool. 

• Like 1

On 11/8/2022 at 4:57 AM, Sonic Reducer said:

He really was the top songwriter in the band, imo. Juju hounds was a brilliant record. Honestly I can't blame him for leaving all of it behind. I wonder if he's on talking terms with any of the others. They should have done the right thing and split the money equally for the reunion. I don't understand why they treat him like that. Didn't make sense in 1991 and it sure as hell didn't make any in 2016. Baffling décision.

I guess Axl didn't need Izzy. Seems like they tried to work something out and maybe Izzy was offended. I think it's a lot of money to give for someone like Izzy when Richard is in the band and is dependable and seems to get along well with Slash.

I think that they should have given him what he asked for anyway. Even the 1 song he released during that time (FP Money) reminded me what he can do for Gn'R even today, and Duff talked about how he wants to write with Izzy for the rest of his life not long before it turned to shit between them, not to mention his contributions to Gn'R, but I think Axl just didn't see the value.

2 hours ago, Rovim said:

I guess Axl didn't need Izzy. Seems like they tried to work something out and maybe Izzy was offended. I think it's a lot of money to give for someone like Izzy when Richard is in the band and is dependable and seems to get along well with Slash.

I think that they should have given him what he asked for anyway. Even the 1 song he released during that time (FP Money) reminded me what he can do for Gn'R even today, and Duff talked about how he wants to write with Izzy for the rest of his life not long before it turned to shit between them, not to mention his contributions to Gn'R, but I think Axl just didn't see the value.

A damn shame, that's what this is.

On 11/10/2022 at 3:36 AM, Rovim said:

If they do write new material, I hope they being Izzy back 

despite the tour not working out with them, I’ hope they’re still on good terms. Ik gnr wished Izzy a happy birthday this year on Instagram so it seems like it lol 

9 hours ago, We love Axl Rose said:

From the HTGTH Facebook storie: 

315659701-472088311571850-29612184155108

:wow: from being forced to study the bible as a kid, to teaching Sunday School, to having a depiction as a new holy saviour. that's a befuddling weird progression :crazy::rofl-lol: well at least i hope the hymn and choir songs will sound epic

Edited by BucketEgg