"General Musings" " Thread for all of "Thoughts On" all GnR things in the universe.

2 minutes ago, Dean said:

It sounds glorious even from the phone recording. That voice piercing above everything else. Top tier.

don't know about it sounding glorious and being top tier. It just sounds promising to me, like it could be as good as some of the tunes on Chinese. Absurd and HS are not that imo. (but I like them)

18 minutes ago, Rovim said:

don't know about it sounding glorious and being top tier. It just sounds promising to me, like it could be as good as some of the tunes on Chinese. Absurd and HS are not that imo. (but I like them)

Hard Skool is a good song that is prevented from being a great song due to the poor mix and mastering IMO. Absurd is what it is and I think the earlier version, synth with Bucket, would have slotted in well on Chinese. The orchestration to that level on what we can make out on that clip of The General, along with the intro to the 2006 era shows, hasn't been done to that scale on any previous GNR material. If the Evader reproduction is accurate, then we're in for a treat - depending on mastering etc.

21 minutes ago, Dean said:

Hard Skool is a good song that is prevented from being a great song due to the poor mix and mastering IMO. Absurd is what it is and I think the earlier version, synth with Bucket, would have slotted in well on Chinese. The orchestration to that level on what we can make out on that clip of The General, along with the intro to the 2006 era shows, hasn't been done to that scale on any previous GNR material. If the Evader reproduction is accurate, then we're in for a treat - depending on mastering etc.

honestly, shared all my thoughts on this matter in my previous post. Agree to disagree. :)

• GNFNR 1

4 hours ago, We love Axl Rose said:

How many NuGnR shows were recorded, were all the shows recorded as the UYI tour? Is it likely that there are at least audio recordings of all shows (or the majority) between 2001-2014?

they were probably all recorded but we don't have any audio of either of the joint shows from 2001 or Hong Kong 2002

On 8/20/2022 at 8:32 PM, Sausagebrain said:

Probably. But the songs were so layered (mainly with Axl's keyboards, effects and multitracked vocals), it's a miracle that anyone was able to do a half decent mix.

That’s where a producer with a backbone steps in and says ‘we are stripping it down to it’s bare essentials’. Axl thought adding stuff would make it ‘sound like Queen’. Queen’s immensely hard work at orchestration, immaculate songcraft, and actually listening to Roy Thomas Baker made them sound like Queen. Not just piling shit on. 

Oh yeah, and proper harmonies, not just deep octave, middle octave, high octave…. And duff shouting in the background…. 

Axl had big ideas and neither the humility nor collaborative spirit to pull it off. The rest of them were probably happy being AC/DC #2, so it was never gonna be a happy marriage. 

• Like 2

On 8/19/2022 at 7:19 AM, Rovim said:

I hope the next single Axl chooses to release is The General

Probably the last of the "vault" songs I care about, even compared to new music. It was built up as this epic song but its yet to surface outside of a bad phone recording. Wondering when Axl put vocals to it.

Has this band finally run out of juice? I haven’t seen even the most hardcore GNR fans talking about the tour in a few days. Even the band hasn’t made any of their generic posts from what ive seen. I think even the most desperate of fans have given up hope and accepted that this band has no steam left.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

Has this band finally run out of juice? I haven’t seen even the most hardcore GNR fans talking about the tour in a few days. Even the band hasn’t made any of their generic posts from what ive seen. I think even the most desperate of fans have given up hope and accepted that this band has no steam left.

Theyre fn back!

Btw tha man is in Brazil!!!!! Yeeeehaaaa

On 8/28/2022 at 1:47 PM, mystery said:

Probably the last of the "vault" songs I care about, even compared to new music. It was built up as this epic song but its yet to surface outside of a bad phone recording. Wondering when Axl put vocals to it.

I want Soul Monster more than The General because I want to hear that epic bridge Axl described. I trust Axl's description of songs more than Sebastian Bach's.

• Like 3