"General Musings" " Thread for all of "Thoughts On" all GnR things in the universe.

It’s interesting that I was looking at the show threads coming up because GNR are playing tonight and that’s great and I should be getting excited because I got a ticket for the Dublin show in 2019  for summer 2020 and obviously the shows were postponed but how we are a month away and I don’t think I can do it. Covid and all the crap around it and everything have fucked me up mentally. I don’t think I can go into a crowd of that size. And you know what I’m angry at myself which I’m not sure it’s my fault. 

5 minutes ago, IrishgunnerII said:

It’s interesting that I was looking at the show threads coming up because GNR are playing tonight and that’s great and I should be getting excited because I got a ticket for the Dublin show in 2019  for summer 2020 and obviously the shows were postponed but how we are a month away and I don’t think I can do it. Covid and all the crap around it and everything have fucked me up mentally. I don’t think I can go into a crowd of that size. And you know what I’m angry at myself which I’m not sure it’s my fault. 

I mean you could always wear a mask if you're afraid of catching Covid ?

12 hours ago, Alexmee239 said:

I mean you could always wear a mask if you're afraid of catching Covid ?

It’s not covid that’s the issue that much. It’s that the lockdown and restrictions have aggravated my anxiety which I’ve also had about concerts but was able to deal with it mostly. It back badly.

Edited by IrishgunnerII
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, IrishgunnerII said:

My first concert back was last year, and oddly enough a GnR show and I had the same feelings at first.  It definitely felt really weird being in a large crowd like that again. Those feelings eased though once the music got going and everything felt normal again, even if only for one night.

If you go and don't feel comfortable you can always leave right away!  No harm in that, but you have to do what is best for your mental health. Good luck <3

Edited by Bitchisback

Anybody still hearing Hardschool on their local radio stations? Haven't heard it since last year and even then I only heard it two times .. Meanwhile RHCP's garbage single still all these months later is getting played to death on multiple stations, sometimes even on two stations at the same time! I don't think there's any interest or "appetite" in a new Guns album outside the hard core fans 

3 hours ago, 2020_Intensions said:

Anybody still hearing Hardschool on their local radio stations? Haven't heard it since last year and even then I only heard it two times .. Meanwhile RHCP's garbage single still all these months later is getting played to death on multiple stations, sometimes even on two stations at the same time! I don't think there's any interest or "appetite" in a new Guns album outside the hard core fans 

Haven't heard Hardschool since it was released. I also still hear the RHCP single regularly. 

I don't think that proves there's no appetite for GNR singles though. SOYL got regular airplay for a while because it sounds like classic GNR (obviously) while HS sounds like a frankensteined mess. If they release Ain't Goin Down with a good mix, it will get airplay. :shrugs:

3 hours ago, 2020_Intensions said:

There's only two rock stations in the NYC are, which are Q104.3 and WDHA 105.5. Q104.3 is classic rock. They play lots of GNR and Metallica now. They even play Oasis and stuff from the 90s/00s.  WDHA play classic and modern rock.

I listen to Spotify nowadays.  It seems like FM radio stations are a dying breed.

• Like 1

I've always wondered how Axl managed to play the DJ in Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas. Ray Liotta's death reminds me that there's an interview with one of the Grand Theft Auto creators about what it was like to work with him along with Burt Reynolds and it wasn't always pleasant. The creators, Sam and Dan Houser are pretty reclusive so we'll probably never know.

https://www.latimes.com/entertainment-arts/tv/story/2022-06-07/novemeber-rain-guns-n-roses-music-video-making-of-30th-anniversary

A LA times article that’s just been posted on twitter about the 30th anniversary of the release of the video for November rain. Most of the stuff is stuff we’d know about but it seems there’s a podcast about the video and trying to work out who the guy is that jumps through the wedding cake.

• Thanks 1