"General Musings" " Thread for all of "Thoughts On" all GnR things in the universe.

On 1/2/2022 at 1:39 PM, SoulMonster said:

I am sure some of you will also enjoy this quote from DJ  from November 2011 where he answers the question if GN'R is still the most dangerous band in the world, and suggests that the unpredictable setlists make the band both reckless and dangerous:

uten_123.png

Ah yes, classic bombs at the GNR show

edit- I clicked the thread and apparently it took me to a page from weeks ago. Still funny

Edited by ZoSoRose

12 hours ago, Popcorn crew said:

My favourite from CD after Sorry.

But for me CD is not GnR album. 

Nah, for me is not a GNR album.

What is a GNR album after all? AFD I think is an OK album... but UYI man... that things needs to be a 8 track album and nothing else. Overrated? Yes, maybe.

But CD is another thing. Head and shoulders above everything Axl has done before 1998.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, axlvai said:

I didnt want to open a new topic, but i have a question. 

Axl said something in DTJ in rir 91. Like a lyrics in a form of rant in the outro.... is there a transcription of it??????? 

I've asked this before, but no dice. I know he only did it at one of the Nights, and there's a bit that goes "rich man in his land". Unless you mean the other speech, I guess that's in the video, don't remember.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, jamillos said:

I've asked this before, but no dice. I know he only did it at one of the Nights, and there's a bit that goes "rich man in his land". Unless you mean the other speech, I guess that's in the video, don't remember.

Yeah. That one!

19 hours ago, axlvai said:

I didnt want to open a new topic, but i have a question. 

Axl said something in DTJ in rir 91. Like a lyrics in a form of rant in the outro.... is there a transcription of it??????? 

8 hours ago, jamillos said:

I suppose you mean the "spoken word" Axl did as a transition between DTJ and WTJ at the first RIR show:

When the poor come down to the street
And the death squad is out of reach
Everybody’s looking for a piece of the pie
I look outside my window
I see your [?]

And when the poor come down from the hills
At night
And the government and the merchants send the death squads out
To remove the beggars
Keep them out of the way of the rich
To keep the slums from coming down into the city
You gotta watch your ass, homeboy
Cuz I ain’t been at many places
But you know where you motherfuckers live?
I said, do you know where you live?

Do you know where you are?
You’re in the jungle, baby
Rio de Janeiro jungle, baby
And if you don’t watch your ass
You’re gonna die!

https://www.a-4-d.com/t1285-1991-01-20-rock-in-rio-ii-festival-rio-de-janeiro-brazil#13391

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

I suppose you mean the "spoken word" Axl did as a transition between DTJ and WTJ at the first RIR show:

When the poor come down to the street
And the death squad is out of reach
Everybody’s looking for a piece of the pie
I look outside my window
I see your [?]

And when the poor come down from the hills
At night
And the government and the merchants send the death squads out
To remove the beggars
Keep them out of the way of the rich
To keep the slums from coming down into the city
You gotta watch your ass, homeboy
Cuz I ain’t been at many places
But you know where you motherfuckers live?
I said, do you know where you live?

Do you know where you are?
You’re in the jungle, baby
Rio de Janeiro jungle, baby
And if you don’t watch your ass
You’re gonna die!

https://www.a-4-d.com/t1285-1991-01-20-rock-in-rio-ii-festival-rio-de-janeiro-brazil#13391

This is cool, but the one I myself meant seems to be from Night 2. I've never seen that one transcribed. There's definitely "rich man in his land", and the narrative is shorter and just spoken silently, unlike Night 1. Or it's a completely different show and I am crazy, but I'm almost positive it's Rio 91. Gonna have to search my backup disc.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jamillos said:

This is cool, but the one I myself meant seems to be from Night 2. I've never seen that one transcribed. There's definitely "rich man in his land", and the narrative is shorter and just spoken silently, unlike Night 1. Or it's a completely different show and I am crazy, but I'm almost positive it's Rio 91. Gonna have to search my backup disc.

Damn.... i have to see the show again.... but im pretry sure youre right!!!!!

I will try to upload a sound file. Tonite. Can i do that or im breaking the rules?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jamillos said:

Yes, he did a similar "spoken word" at the second RIR show, but shorter. The audio in the bootleg I have is not clear, so it's not easy to transcribe:

https://voca.ro/1lqyOuXmq9O7

An attempt:

When the poor go down to the street

and the death squad has come down to meet them in the rain (?)

They got their blood on their hands

the mercenaries walking hand in hand

The mercenaries want to give this place to the rich man in his land

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 1/21/2022 at 8:30 PM, axlvai said:

I have a question. 

Axl said something in DTJ in RIR 91. Like a lyrics in a form of rant in the outro. Is there a transcription of it??????? 

"When the poor come down to the street, the death squad's out to meet. Everybody's looking for a piece of the pie. I look outside my window, I see your countryside.

And when the poor come down from the hills at night and the government and the merchants sends the death squads out to remove the beggars. Keep them out of the way of the rich, to keep the slums from coming down into the city. You gotta' watch your ass homeboy cause I ain't been that many places but you know where you motherf*ckers live? I said do you know where you live? You know where you are? You in the jungle baby, Rio De Janeiro jungle baby and If you don't watch your ass, you gonna' die."

In the car today at work in between jobs I listened to the old Chinese Democracy & Riad leaks and man those tracks rock so hard if they would have been released in '99/'00 along with Oh My God as the showcase for the new band and what kind of sound was to come it would have been amazing comeback followed by a full album release and tour ... How differently things could have went

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, 2020_Intensions said:

In the car today at work in between jobs I listened to the old Chinese Democracy & Riad leaks and man those tracks rock so hard if they would have been released in '99/'00 along with Oh My God as the showcase for the new band and what kind of sound was to come it would have been amazing comeback followed by a full album release and tour ... How differently things could have went

They could have released the industrial album in 2000 and the deep cuts like TWAT and The General on the later albums 

Oh man, I just looked some parts of that DVD (because of your message) and that was some CRINGEYYYYY.

What happened to the americans between 2002 - 2004? I love Ramones but their "End Of The Century" DVD was also too much cringe worthy. I remember some interviews and TV shows from that time... And those horrible bands like Blink-182.

Thanks God, that era is gone.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, CubanSkies Dummy said:

Oh man, I just looked some parts of that DVD (because of your message) and that was some CRINGEYYYYY.

What happened to the americans between 2002 - 2004? I love Ramones but their "End Of The Century" DVD was also too much cringe worthy. I remember some interviews and TV shows from that time... And those horrible bands like Blink-182.

Thanks God, that era is gone.

Speaking of cringe

• GNFNR 1

• 2 weeks later...

I like Live and Let Die, but since it’s been so overdone, the only good thing about it is that Axl’s scream (which was awesome even in the 2002 era, when his voice otherwise sucked). I realize this even more each time I hear that McCartney’s original on the radio. 
It’s not a new discovery, this. I’ve known it for a long time. 
Vivat drunk weekends!