Jump to content

The "New Album" Thread - Susan McKagan says album is coming


Recommended Posts

52 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

He/she is saying they met someone in a barbershop whose boyfriend thought he saw them in a studio? 

And you're asking if it's 'legit'?! Come on boy! 

I mean seriously, we may just as well ask some guy in a bar if he has info! This has got to be a low for 'insider info'! 

Doesn't mean they were wrong, however unlikely it is.

ETA:

Fernando redacted a statement of a release that would have fallen within that time frame. (Presumably changed due to COVID-19)

Edited by Sweersa
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 9.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Grandma's hamster has never been in safer hands.

Axl is close to 60 Reunion is now over 4 years old The last unheard new song was played in 2006 The last studio album was in 2008 The last new song before that in 1999 Every s

Posted Images

Guys, talked to my grandma today and although we didn't talk about GNR, in fact she has no idea what that even is, I could feel from her energy that the album is almost finished and ready to be released in September!

All aboard the hype traaaain!!!

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sweersa said:

Doesn't mean they were wrong, however unlikely it is.

ETA:

Fernando redacted a statement of a release that would have fallen within that time frame. (Presumably changed due to COVID-19)

No, I'm sure this is accurate insider from a fantastic source! 

How about this though. If the online guy who went to the barber and spoke to someone whose boyfriend saw the band in the studio and they told him the new album was supposed be out in July but is now out in August or September IS correct, I'll go and visit my Grandmother naked. If this doesn't happen, I'll bet anyone to do something similar? 

Bear in mind we're on August 7th here, and this information comes from on online guy who went to the barber and spoke to someone whose boyfriend saw the band in the studio and they told him the new album was supposed to be out in July but is now out in August or September before answering people.......

Have we lost our minds here??! Are we honestly giving any credence to this sort of nonsense?! You could probably search Twitter and find a hundred 'insiders' saying similar! 

We've had YEARS of this sort of thing! 

Edited by allwaystired
Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, TheGeneral said:

Guys, talked to my grandma today and although we didn't talk about GNR, in fact she has no idea what that even is, I could feel from her energy that the album is almost finished and ready to be released in September!

All aboard the hype traaaain!!!

Hey.... doesn't mean they were wrong, no matter how unlikely it is! 

Next up....the dog across the street confirms new Beatles album. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, allwaystired said:

No, I'm sure this is accurate insider from a fantastic source! 

How about this though. If the online guy who went to the barber and spoke to someone whose boyfriend saw the band in the studio and they told him the new album was supposed be out in July but is now out in August or September IS correct, I'll go and visit my Grandmother naked. If this doesn't happen, I'll bet anyone to do something similar? 

Bear in mind we're on August 7th here, and this information comes from on online guy who went to the barber and spoke to someone whose boyfriend saw the band in the studio and they told him the new album was supposed to be out in July but is now out in August or September before answering people.......

Have we lost our minds here??! Are we honestly giving any credence to this sort of nonsense?! You could probably search Twitter and find a hundred 'insiders' saying similar! 

We've had YEARS of this sort of thing! 

Yes, years, and sometimes they end up being right too. Sometimes they are legit, and sometimes not, even so, a broken clock is right twice a day.

In this case, I heard something similar, but several months ago. What I heard was more or less what Fernando said (new album in 6 months or whatever) More specifically, I heard most of the new album will be re-worked stuff from the leaked village songs that were not on the first album. Must to my disappointment, I was told the current lineup will re-record everything with the exception of Axl's parts, (IIRC) which makes sense for a few different reasons. 

Edited by Sweersa
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Sweersa said:

Yes, years, and sometimes they end up being right too. Sometimes they are legit, and sometimes not, even so, a broken clock is right twice a day.

In this case, I heard something similar, but several months ago. What I heard was more or less what Fernando said (new album in 6 months or whatever) More specifically, I heard most of the new album will be re-worked stuff from the leaked village songs that were not on the first album. Must to my disappointment, I was told the current lineup will re-record everything with the exception of Axl's parts, (IIRC) which makes sense for a few different reasons. 

The phrase 'throw enough shit against a wall some of it will stick' can also be applied......

Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

What I heard was more or less what Fernando said (new album in 6 months or whatever) More specifically, I heard most of the new album will be re-worked stuff from the leaked village songs that were not on the first album. Must to my disappointment, I was told the current lineup will re-record everything with the exception of Axl's parts, (IIRC) which makes sense for a few different reasons. 

That would be, to me, the worst case scenario...and I think it's very, very likely that this is what we'll get, if anything at all.

Why? Because it would be impossible that anyone in the band would have a real connection or emotion to that music. Axl vocals from over 10 years ago? What a turn off. Slash and Duff playing something that somehow fits over other people's stuff from years and years ago? Meh.

If they really do it like this it will be shit, 100%. 

Edited by El Guapo
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, allwaystired said:

He/she is saying they met someone in a barbershop whose boyfriend thought he saw them in a studio? 

And you're asking if it's 'legit'?! Come on boy! 

I mean seriously, we may just as well ask some guy in a bar if he has info! This has got to be a low for 'insider info'! 

😂 I know, I know....I didn’t fully read that part about the barbershop. Stranger things have happened but I agree - this is pretty far fetched even for GNR rumours. Doesn’t mean I don’t hope this somehow is true!!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, DTJ80 said:

😂 I know, I know....I didn’t fully read that part about the barbershop. Stranger things have happened but I agree - this is pretty far fetched even for GNR rumours. Doesn’t mean I don’t hope this somehow is true!!

Haha! Yeah, it's right down there. So much so I do wonder if it's just someone on here playing a prank to be honest! 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Is it possible it’s UMG that wants the band to release the old stuff before they’ll invest the money to put this band into the studio to record a full new album?

These old recordings are worth a lot of money when it comes to studio time. It would make sense that UMG doesn’t want it all to be thrown away.

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, El Guapo said:

That would be, to me, the worst case scenario...and I think it's very, very likely that this is what we'll get, if anything at all.

Why? Because it would be impossible that anyone in the band would have a real connection or emotion to that music. Axl vocals from over 10 years ago? What a turn off. Slash and Duff playing something that somehow fits over other people's stuff from years and years ago? Meh.

If they really do it like this it will be shit, 100%. 

I agree. 100% newly recorded album is what we need. Not yet another reworking of an album that has already been reworked a million times over.

CD was ultimately a NewGnr reworking of NuGnr material.

What we don't need is an OldGnr reworking of NuGnr material.

If the new album contains songs I've already heard (which is what happened with CD) it'll be a massive anti climax.

CD stuff needs keeping for a CD boxset in the future. I love Slash, but leave Bucket alone.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't know if this has been said already in another thread but Fernando answered Reddit questions again and this is a quote from him:

 

"3. We don’t have any plans on doing a documentary or movie. We have shot a few shows professionally with one being released this year." 

 

This year?? Should be announced within the next two months if they want to release it in time for the Christmas market 

He also said none of the Axl/DC shows were pro-shot :(

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, SAU3R said:

Don't know if this has been said already in another thread but Fernando answered Reddit questions again and this is a quote from him:

 

"3. We don’t have any plans on doing a documentary or movie. We have shot a few shows professionally with one being released this year." 

 

This year?? Should be announced within the next two months if they want to release it in time for the Christmas market 

He also said none of the Axl/DC shows were pro-shot :(

That's a massive shame. Those shows were a really unusual 'one-off'. It seems such a waste not to have at least one pro-shot of one of them. 

As for the live album comment.....well that sounds promising. I'm of the group that would snap up a live album in an instant. Regardless of the quality it would hold interest for me and justify the cost. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

That's a massive shame. Those shows were a really unusual 'one-off'. It seems such a waste not to have at least one pro-shot of one of them. 

As for the live album comment.....well that sounds promising. I'm of the group that would snap up a live album in an instant. Regardless of the quality it would hold interest for me and justify the cost. 

Yeah I hope we at least get a live album and/or dvd, if anything. I wouldn’t take anything fernando says as gospel tho (“plans change”).

if this does happen tho, I hope the audio cd portion is treated as a separate release, so that it actually counts as part of the band’s discography.

The way they handled the cd version of A4Dem was dumb. The only way you can buy it is with the Blu-ray, so it doesn’t even count as an official audio release from the band and isn’t even available on streaming platforms and such.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

That's a massive shame. Those shows were a really unusual 'one-off'. It seems such a waste not to have at least one pro-shot of one of them. 

As for the live album comment.....well that sounds promising. I'm of the group that would snap up a live album in an instant. Regardless of the quality it would hold interest for me and justify the cost. 

A live album and accompanying brand new single would be a decent start to "The Next Chapter".

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, SAU3R said:

Don't know if this has been said already in another thread but Fernando answered Reddit questions again and this is a quote from him:

 

"3. We don’t have any plans on doing a documentary or movie. We have shot a few shows professionally with one being released this year." 

 

This year?? Should be announced within the next two months if they want to release it in time for the Christmas market 

He also said none of the Axl/DC shows were pro-shot :(

 

14 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

That's a massive shame. Those shows were a really unusual 'one-off'. It seems such a waste not to have at least one pro-shot of one of them. 

As for the live album comment.....well that sounds promising. I'm of the group that would snap up a live album in an instant. Regardless of the quality it would hold interest for me and justify the cost. 

 

5 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

Yeah I hope we at least get a live album and/or dvd, if anything. I wouldn’t take anything fernando says as gospel tho (“plans change”).

if this does happen tho, I hope the audio cd portion is treated as a separate release, so that it actually counts as part of the band’s discography.

The way they handled the cd version of A4Dem was dumb. The only way you can buy it is with the Blu-ray, so it doesn’t even count as an official audio release from the band and isn’t even available on streaming platforms and such.

 

5 minutes ago, jackparker123 said:

A live album and accompanying brand new single would be a decent start to "The Next Chapter".

Was just about to post re this - Fernando as already stated has confirmed a live release for this year. Quite a specific comment too. Which is awesome.

Totally agree the audio element should be released separately to boost the discography but at this point - beggars can’t be choosers.

Interestingly - whilst he said no AXL/DC shows were pro-shot, he did say they were ‘filmed’.....so there is footage it seems.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

 

Fermanager

2. Axl’s way of writing and creating comes at all times, yes he has continued to write and create. His ideas are endless, which is great.

3. We don’t have any plans on doing a documentary or movie. We have shot a few shows professionally with one being released this year. We do have some ideas in place which was due to take place this year before the pandemic took over, however I am hoping it can still happen on our rescheduled dates in 2021.

 

Point number two is incredibly pleasing.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Gimpy Hewitt said:

Is it possible it’s UMG that wants the band to release the old stuff before they’ll invest the money to put this band into the studio to record a full new album?

These old recordings are worth a lot of money when it comes to studio time. It would make sense that UMG doesn’t want it all to be thrown away.

The studio time for chinese has been covered by the best buy deal (and then some). That's why even Axl agreed that Irving did some good work! 

As for the idea that it's all village leaks, who knows!? But I hope this is just one of the many bullshit stories floating around! 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...