The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

22 minutes ago, DTV88 said:

“The New Album Thread”

:lol:

It’ll happen.....might be a while....but it will happen. Absolutely no chance they can tour for next 10 years on no new material. What was it the tour advertisement said - “ready to rule the next decade”......not on nostalgia you can’t.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Mygnr in 2026: The tenth anniversary of NITL is the perfect time to finally release the new album. It didn't make sense to release it before now, it would've been too soon and a band like GNR can't just rush into things. But I'm sure Fernando's daughter will update us any day now.

Mygnr in 2027: Well, they couldn't release a new album and a line of NITL anniversary t-shirts. But they've obviously been working on stuff and they wouldn't record all those songs and not release them. Slash seems optimistic!

Mygnr in 2028: Guys, nobody has seen Axl in 8 years, I'm starting to think maybe the album isn't coming as soon as we thought it would... but Fernando said on Discorddit that we'd hear something "new" soon.

...and so on.

God this is so sad...

• Like 3

I 100% get why folk think nothing will happen. We are effectively living off suggestions, comments and hints. I just think we WILL - if not, I’d guess some ‘other’ material will surface like last year.

I gave Apocalyptic Love a spin as not really listened to much of his solo stuff but was REALLY taken aback at how unmemorable it is.

Id much rather wait and hope any new material is what we hope/expect it to be - as painful as the wait is. It’s very clear they need each other to take material from good to great.

Edited by DTJ80

3 hours ago, rocknroll41 said:

Get claims they can’t do anything right now cause of the pandemic.

meanwhile, over at Metallica land...

EDIT: sorry, forgot we can’t post YouTube vids anymore!

In short: Metallica is playing a concert soon (no audience) that will be screened at drive-ins.

Metallica do everything you’d expect a big band like Guns to do, and they do it without fuss. And they still keep a genuine element of surprise for their fans, and here’s the biggest difference... they follow through with their promises!

Honestly, I’m just tired of the excuses from the GN’R camp. If they had a huge catalogue of music, they could be forgiven for not giving us anything now. But the fact is, they don’t, and their dumbass manager keeps promising things that never happen... As a fan, it just makes me think “just fuck off already, I don’t care anymore”

• Like 2

3 hours ago, DTJ80 said:

Exactly. This was part of the reason I started the setlist thread - they really need to overhaul it. They have done the big tour, earnt the millions, given the casuals the chance to catch Axl and Slash on stage - let’s move to the next stage.

The next tour will NOT compete in terms of  gross so no point trying to tour endlessly to do that. IMO they should:-

1) Play less gigs - more rest time in between

2) Overhaul the setlist - more variety and play stuff which is within Axls abilities (new material would help too.....).

3) Generally - need to sort the tempos as since Slash and Duff came back some stuff is too fast. Plus - be smart with the setlist order......Rocket Queen followed by You Could Be Mine and then Shadow Of Your Love is just ridiculous!! Neither wonder Axl sounds knackered half the time.

I agree, all those things would help.

2 hours ago, DTJ80 said:

It’ll happen.....might be a while....but it will happen. Absolutely no chance they can tour for next 10 years on no new material. What was it the tour advertisement said - “ready to rule the next decade”......not on nostalgia you can’t.

This is the sort of statement that comes back to haunt a man! 

The audience is dropping off, but it will never drop off to the extent that it isn't financially viable anymore, as long as Slash remains. So they can do this for years and years, should they wish to. 

I hope I'm wrong, as ever. 

Edited by allwaystired

2 hours ago, DTJ80 said:

I love the optimism, and I sincerely hope you're right. But we've been down this new album road with Axl since the mid 90s :shrugs:

OK, so now Fernando is talking about a new Blu Ray release - this was also rumored before christmas last year to kick off into the new year together with a new EP.

I hope this is part of the plan still - this way they can wait with the full album until they are touring again

52 minutes ago, betterman said:

OK, so now Fernando is talking about a new Blu Ray release - this was also rumored before christmas last year to kick off into the new year together with a new EP.

I hope this is part of the plan still - this way they can wait with the full album until they are touring again

Plan? This band has no plans! :lol:

• Like 1

7 hours ago, DTV88 said:

I love the optimism, and I sincerely hope you're right. But we've been down this new album road with Axl since the mid 90s :shrugs:

Oh I know - don’t know why but just feel there are too many pointers to us getting something. If we don’t, well I guess we just need to hope for another ‘village sessions’ type of situation 😂.

15 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Mygnr in 2026: The tenth anniversary of NITL is the perfect time to finally release the new album. It didn't make sense to release it before now, it would've been too soon and a band like GNR can't just rush into things. But I'm sure Fernando's daughter will update us any day now.

Mygnr in 2027: Well, they couldn't release a new album and a line of NITL anniversary t-shirts. But they've obviously been working on stuff and they wouldn't record all those songs and not release them. Slash seems optimistic!

Mygnr in 2028: Guys, nobody has seen Axl in 8 years, I'm starting to think maybe the album isn't coming as soon as we thought it would... but Fernando said on Discorddit that we'd hear something "new" soon.

...and so on.

I have been on this board for more than 15 years and I can honestly say no-one has summed up the truly bizarre logic of how GN'R fans try and apply some sort of logic to the complete lack of action from this band better than this post.

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

Can someone give some details of what was said about a Blu Ray release?

Hey Fernando,

Hope you, your family and all of the guys are keeping well in these crazy, unprecedented times. Hope to see you all doing your thing once all of this passes - Got yet another European jaunt sorted, just keeping hold of everything til it gets rescheduled!

Since the release of Chinese, has Axl continued to write and record music despite having a wealth of material left over from the initial Chinese Democracy sessions?

The band haven't done any proper interviews since this whole thing got underway, would you ever consider doing a documentary/movie of some sorts where the band could profit on such a thing being released, sharing the stories of how everything came together etc, bundled with interviews and backstage bits etc? I'd throw my money at that.

Sort of ties in with my next question, have you guys hired a professional crew at any point since this tour kicked off to film several shows with the intention of releasing to the fanbase to document this larger than life monstrosity? 

Congrats on your success over the last few years, you deserve a lot of credit for your efforts too as long as everyone else behind the scenes. I can't imagine the graft that goes into pulling these massive shows off. 

I wish you every success in the future and I sincerely hope that the guys manage to get a new record together soon. The world is fucked and could benefit from hearing that fucking voice do it's thing with a band that does what it does better than anyone else. 

I'm optimistic about the future, Fernando. I hope you feel that I am correct to be so. 

Love as always

avatar_default_20_FF66AC.pngflebeis
4d

1. Thanks for the kind words, the entire family is doing great and social distancing. Scary times. 

2. Axl’s way of writing and creating comes at all times, yes he has continued to write and create. His ideas are endless, which is great. 

3. We don’t have any plans on doing a documentary or movie. We have shot a few shows professionally with one being released this year. We do have some ideas in place which was due to take place this year before the pandemic took over, however I am hoping it can still happen on our rescheduled dates in 2021. 

4. You said it, it’s a team. We are a family, work together. 

5. More than ever! 

6. You and me both. 

Again, thanks for the kind words. Nice to see nice in a world that is...

• Like 1

8 hours ago, betterman said:

I doubt it, since fernando said the other day that new music “will be happening next year,” as in 2021, whereas this apparent live release seems to be planned for 2020. If the plan was to include a new studio EP with this release, then he wouldn’t say “next year” when asked specifically about “new music.”

9 minutes ago, DTJ80 said:

Hey Fernando,

Hope you, your family and all of the guys are keeping well in these crazy, unprecedented times. Hope to see you all doing your thing once all of this passes - Got yet another European jaunt sorted, just keeping hold of everything til it gets rescheduled!

Since the release of Chinese, has Axl continued to write and record music despite having a wealth of material left over from the initial Chinese Democracy sessions?

The band haven't done any proper interviews since this whole thing got underway, would you ever consider doing a documentary/movie of some sorts where the band could profit on such a thing being released, sharing the stories of how everything came together etc, bundled with interviews and backstage bits etc? I'd throw my money at that.

Sort of ties in with my next question, have you guys hired a professional crew at any point since this tour kicked off to film several shows with the intention of releasing to the fanbase to document this larger than life monstrosity? 

Congrats on your success over the last few years, you deserve a lot of credit for your efforts too as long as everyone else behind the scenes. I can't imagine the graft that goes into pulling these massive shows off. 

I wish you every success in the future and I sincerely hope that the guys manage to get a new record together soon. The world is fucked and could benefit from hearing that fucking voice do it's thing with a band that does what it does better than anyone else. 

I'm optimistic about the future, Fernando. I hope you feel that I am correct to be so. 

Love as always

avatar_default_20_FF66AC.pngflebeis
4d

1. Thanks for the kind words, the entire family is doing great and social distancing. Scary times. 

2. Axl’s way of writing and creating comes at all times, yes he has continued to write and create. His ideas are endless, which is great. 

3. We don’t have any plans on doing a documentary or movie. We have shot a few shows professionally with one being released this year. We do have some ideas in place which was due to take place this year before the pandemic took over, however I am hoping it can still happen on our rescheduled dates in 2021. 

4. You said it, it’s a team. We are a family, work together. 

5. More than ever! 

6. You and me both. 

Again, thanks for the kind words. Nice to see nice in a world that is...

Fan: What a massive kiss ass.

Fernando: blablabla

• Haha 1

If there's ever been a job where you literally don't have to meet up to carry out, it's editing work on a video, which you can do and share from home, regardless of the rest of the world. So I take exactly zero excuses here. 

Edited by jamillos