The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

7 minutes ago, axlvai said:

Double album.

I'd love nothing more if that turned out to be the case. Cherry picking the best of the Chinese sessions with Slash and Duff on them along with stuff they've come up with recently. That'd be fucking amazing. I'll happily take just one album though :lol:

2 hours ago, Voodoochild said:

If there's still more work to do with the album, I would love to have Slash's tone from this 2021 tour. It was a lot better than the previous tour IMO. 

Don't worry about things like that son... the amount of compression applied to any new GNR tracks makes such considerations almost redundant! :P 

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, Popcorn crew said:

Dolphins from Estranged video probably turned to be at least 40,50 years old now but yet there is stil no new apperances. 

Even them gone gnr on us.

Lose your illusions.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, 19AT5 said:

Don't worry about things like that son... the amount of compression applied to any new GNR tracks makes such considerations almost redundant! :P 

I'm feeling a lot younger now :lol:

You're right, Absurd and Hard Skool are really compressed indeed. The waveform is almost like a square.

4 hours ago, Voodoochild said:

If there's still more work to do with the album, I would love to have Slash's tone from this 2021 tour. It was a lot better than the previous tour IMO. 

My guess is it has been done for at least a few years now, the version with the current lineup that is. 

15 hours ago, Towelie said:

For me, the longer we go without an album the less I care. 

Same.... they are at least a decade too late for any of it.. I have been pretty open about not caring if they release or new album or not.. I just don't have any reason to believe it would be any good.. Absurd and Hardschool didn't do anything to change my mind.

That said, it would be amazing if they were to release an album and it was somehow any good.. 

Just not seeing it happen from this lineup, at their age by Frankensteining leftover CD songs..

Edited by Tom-Ass
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

Same.... they are at least a decade too late for any of it.. I have been pretty open about not caring if they release or new album or not.. I just don't have any reason to believe it would be any good.. Absurd and Hardschool didn't do anything to change my mind.

That said, it would be amazing if they were to release an album and it was somehow any good.. 

Just not seeing it happen from this lineup, at their age by Frankensteining CD leftover CD songs..

You listened to the new version of Hardskool? What's your rating out of 10?

55 minutes ago, Basic_GnR_Fan said:

You listened to the new version of Hardskool? What's your rating out of 10?

listened to it a few times the weekend it came out.. I give it a 5/10 I guess..  It wasn't bad and miles above Absurd.  I just don't care about tweaking CD demos and calling it new music.. Especially after being back together for almost 6 years...

• Like 4

I like both Absurd and Hard Skool, but they sound like tour samples to me. If they release an album I hope those songs are not on it.

I mean, after Duff's last solo album, Slash's Anastasia and CD's TWAT, for example, it would be a pity, if they would release a record with those songs on it, because they can write stuff that is so much better.

8 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

listened to it a few times the weekend it came out.. I give it a 5/10 I guess..  It wasn't bad and miles above Absurd.  I just don't care about tweaking CD demos and calling it new music.. Especially after being back together for almost 6 years...

What would you give it if you actually just reviewed the music?

• Like 2

6 hours ago, TheDemocracyRose said:

We had a glimpse of hope for a new album with Absurd and Hard Skool. 

But now? What's the deal?

Yeah, I really thought the single releases were a prelude to a new record. Then I realised that this is GnR we’re talking about and the ‘EP’ (if that’s what people want to call it!) is just a way of keeping the hard cores ‘happy’ whilst they decide whether they do actually ever want to release an album that was finished over 2 years ago :max:

Edited by gavgnr
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, jekylhyde said:

I mean, after Duff's last solo album, Slash's Anastasia and CD's TWAT, for example, it would be a pity, if they would release a record with those songs on it, because they can write stuff that is so much better.

Anastasia was awesome but I can't say I liked any of the last efforts by all 3 of those guys.. I have followed everything Slash has done since he left Gn'R but I didn't think Living the Dream was very good at all. .. As bad as I thought Living the Dream and CD were they sound like masterpieces compared to Tenderness though. I had tickets to see Duff on that tour and dumped them as soon as I heard it...

Together I would hope they could produce better music than that but who knows..

1 hour ago, Tom-Ass said:

Anastasia was awesome but I can't say I liked any of the last efforts by all 3 of those guys.. I have followed everything Slash has done since he left Gn'R but I didn't think Living the Dream was very good at all. .. As bad as I thought Living the Dream and CD were they sound like masterpieces compared to Tenderness though. I had tickets to see Duff on that tour and dumped them as soon as I heard it...

Together I would hope they could produce better music than that but who knows..

While waiting for the new SMKC single I revisited Living The Dream and I really dig it. I still don’t like the first few singles but songs like TOYLIG, Lost Inside The Girl, Great Pretender, Serve You Right, Read Between The Lines are songs that I really like to listen to. Slash wrote some really tasty guitar leads right there. I don’t know how much Axl has left in his tank but if he manages to move his ass up into the studio and Slash's able to uphold his level than chances for a good record aren't that low, I guess. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Free Bird said:

While waiting for the new SMKC single I revisited Living The Dream and I really dig it. I still don’t like the first few singles but songs like TOYLIG, Lost Inside The Girl, Great Pretender, Serve You Right, Read Between The Lines are songs that I really like to listen to. Slash wrote some really tasty guitar leads right there. I don’t know how much Axl has left in his tank but if he manages to move his ass up into the studio and Slash's able to uphold his level than chances for a good record aren't that low, I guess. 

The Great Pretender is... Great lol