The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

3 hours ago, kingcanyon said:

Don't know if anyone has seen or said anything about this

Translation from Portuguese

Asked about new album.

@DizzyReed

"I hope we see"

Another vague, non-committal answer from someone who knows there won't be an album.

Add that quote to the archives@SoulMonster

Dizzy 'hopes' there is an album.  Surely it's coming? 

22 minutes ago, RichardNixon said:

I get fans not liking "Absurd," but "Hardskool" is pretty great, on par with a lot of the UYI rockers, i.e., "Perfect Crime." 

Maybe if Izzy was involved I’d agree. My personal opinion is quite boring

Edited by Top-Hatted One

6 hours ago, Tom2112 said:

In HardSkool It has two verse and 5 almost entirely identical choruses.... I think it was a bit lazy to not change a few words for at least 1 of the 5 choruses especially in the final 3 where they are back to back. I think the song would have benefitted from being a minute shorter outside of not changing some chorus lyrics, and it's only like 3mins long.

And it's obvious to anyone with a brain why.

These were unfinished demos 20 years ago.  He was working on a batch of songs and likely parked these with the intention to complete at a later date.

Now he's had to release 2 'new' songs, he's literally served up his 20 year old, unfinished demo and had others freshen it up for him without lifting a finger.

Unbelievably, some of you seem to thing that suggest a new album.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Pele said:

And it's obvious to anyone with a brain why.

These were unfinished demos 20 years ago.  He was working on a batch of songs and likely parked these with the intention to complete at a later date.

Now he's had to release 2 'new' songs, he's literally served up his 20 year old, unfinished demo and had others freshen it up for him without lifting a finger.

Unbelievably, some of you seem to thing that suggest a new album.

Or.... he liked them how they were and decided not to tamper with them. 

In one hand it's "Axl spends too much time redoing things, why doesn'the just release it" and the other it's "why didn't he redo his vocal again" how does Axl win in this scenario?

I guess I'm brain dead, I believe the words coming out of Slash's mouth and I don't take your opinion on "what is real" over the people actually connected to the band. Hey... you might end up being correct, but until then if you could bite your tongue and not mention Rose not writing or recording for tonto, soul monster or whatever other song you keep going on about👍👍

• GNFNR 1

41 minutes ago, RichardNixon said:

I get fans not liking "Absurd," but "Hardskool" is pretty great, on par with a lot of the UYI rockers, i.e., "Perfect Crime." 

When you've been away this long, if you're are going to release something it should be the best song you have out of the gate.  If the best this band can attain is "filler rocker" level from the Illusions era I would prefer they just remain a touring outfit that doesn't release music as opposed to sullying the brand.

When they released the first single off their long awaited follow-up to Appetite YCBM was exactly the type of kick ass sound/vibe people expected, and quickly confirmed that they were going to be different from the one album wonders that often occurred at the time.

If Axl were interested/motivated there are any number of Slash songs that could have been the basis of a classic sounding GNR. It tells me that the only thing holding the process back as usual would be the red head.

If he cared, they could easily put out a level of quality beyond the retreads we have gotten so far. He just can't be bothered apparently.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Free Bird said:

Can we update the thread name in:

The "New Album" Thread - Susan McKagan says album is coming,"Universal database implies new album is coming because the numbers between Hard Skool and Absurd are missing and Dizzy hopes we see"?

Plus Beta said "Absurd" is only part of cd

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, 2020_Intensions said:

Lmao my local rock station just commented on this debacle ... "Wasn't it just a year ago Duff's wife was saying she heard all these new songs and how amazing they were? And now Slash is saying they haven't even started writing the album." 

:facepalm:

lol the 4 songs we know are complete. Absurd&HS being 2 of them hahaha

49 minutes ago, Free Bird said:

Can we update the thread name in:

The "New Album" Thread - Susan McKagan says album is coming,"Universal database implies new album is coming because the numbers between Hard Skool and Absurd are missing and Dizzy hopes we see"?

yes

4 hours ago, kingcanyon said:

Don't know if anyone has seen or said anything about this

Translation from Portuguese

Asked about new album.

@DizzyReed

"I hope we see"

1 hour ago, Pele said:

Another vague, non-committal answer from someone who knows there won't be an album.

Add that quote to the archives@SoulMonster

Dizzy 'hopes' there is an album.  Surely it's coming? 

I think Dizzy is talking about his own solo record. I'm sure he's not recording his parts for a GnR album in his basement.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, bangbing said:

This really doesnt belong to this topic but opinions on their ig story? Wtf😭

Axl: time to check the Insta page

Fernado: axl I don't think u should

Axl: why not?

Fernado: Honest don't look

*Axl looks anyway*

Axl: the fuck is this shit

Fernado: told you not to look

Axl: That's it no new album until 2025

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, bangbing said:

This really doesnt belong to this topic but opinions on their ig story? Wtf😭

Yeah, it belongs to the official social media thread.

But since you posted about it here, I just saw it and it's so cringe that I don't know what else to say :lol:

10 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

https://www.instagram.com/stories/gunsnroses/2694694464220647953/  (I think you need to have an IG account)

Or here (I don't know if it works)

Thanks.. Definitely stupid and no idea why they posted it.  I didn't see what was "woke" about it though.. I actually didn't see any point or purpose of it at all lol..

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, gavgnr said:

Anybody notice the link at the bottom?

gunsnroses.lnk.to 

It’s a company called LinkFire used for promoting new releases, tickets and merchandise.

Probably means nothing 

It's just the link to Hard Skool's LinkFire

They're just sharing someone's video where they used the song, no big deal.

26 minutes ago, gavgnr said:

Anybody notice the link at the bottom?

gunsnroses.lnk.to 

It’s a company called LinkFire used for promoting new releases, tickets and merchandise.

Probably means nothing 

It's just the menu of different places to listen to Hard Skool.

• Like 2