THE most overrated GNR song?

Is there a GNR song that is generally held in high regards by many but you hate it?

I for one despise November Rain. The only thing I like about this song is the coda and Axl playing piano himself at least for one song in concert, but those three hours it takes to get to the cake just don't work for me. I think it's way overrated and GNR has at least 20 songs that are better than this one. But I understand why many people love this song, it has a really good message.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, UcudBmine said:

HOW DARE YOU! :lol:

My pick would be Don't Cry. I like some live versions and love Shannon. Always thought the alt version had better lyrics tho.

The alt version does have better lyrics, completely different (and much better!) song that way.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, DonkeyNuts said:

Overplayed and boring to die hards, for sure, but overrated? Fuck off. The first time you heard it you came in your pants and you know it. Its a classic track.

It's not a bad song, but I wouldn't even put it in the top 5 on AFD. It's pretty much the definition of overrated.

To be overrated it has to be one that is at least popular to qualify right? So Bad apples, so fine etc wouldn't count as they're not rated highly by society and most GnR fans (obv not all) So I'd have to say Knocking on heavens door. Dylans is better. GnR circa 2006 played it better live. The album version and the current live version is so dull. 

• Like 4