How many GnR gigs have you been too...

DurhamGirl

On 10/1/2020 at 7:48 PM, Powderfinger said:

I was in the pit Duffs side, it was ok, weaker than Seattle but maybe the reunion buzz had worn off by Vancouver over a year later.

I remember Duffs look at Axl when he picked a Joint off the stage and had a toke!

I think they also did a version of “I feel Good” I remember that been Axl’s strongest vocal on the night.

I was in the pit on Duff's side of the runway, front row, almost in the corner. Axl picked up probably 4 or 5 joints over the course of the show lol, I think he put them all on his little table thing where he keeps maracas, water and whatever else...

Agreed that I Feel Good was the vocal highlight of the night. Wichita Lineman was really good too. Nightrain was strong as well. But it was certainly a more bloated show than the year before in Seattle.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Duff McKagan - Bristol 07/11/2011, Cardiff 24/10/2012
Guns N' Roses - Birmingham 17/10/2010, Birmingham 27/05/2012
Slash - Birmingham 20/07/2011
Velvet Revolver - Cardiff 07/06/2007

Met: Slash, Duff and Steven Adler (with a cover band in 2006/7?)

• 1 month later...

Manchester Maine Road - 1992

Milton Keynes Bowl - 1993 1st night (with Izzy)

Sheffield Arena - 2006 (with Izzy)

Birmingham Arena - 2010

Nottingham Arena - 2012

Olympic Stadium - 2017 1st night

Got tickets for Tottenham Hotspur Stadium next month too.

Also saw Slash with Miles 3 times, Duff with Loaded in York and Walking Papers at the Yardbirds in Grimsby (met him and he signed my Loaded shirt and I got a photo!), and Gilby and Alder both at the Yardbirds in Grimsby (separate gigs).

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

London 2010 02 Arena x2

London 2012 02 Arena x2

London 2017 Olympic Stadium x2

Paris Stade De France 2017

Barcelona Estadi Olimpic 2018

London Tottenham Stadium 2022

Paris and Barcelona were amazing nights. Love the European crowds ✌🏼🤘🏼

Edited by Petejstephens
Typo

Nijmegen 2006 - Brilliant show. At this point in time Axl was still very much a mythical creature and there was a genuine sense that anything could happen including but not limited to rants, peopl being kicked out or people storming off. It was like watching a powder keg that might explode at any time. The band was on fire. Izzy also joined which was amazing and at the time felt like the old endorsing the new. Fantastic stuff. 

Arnhem 2010 - The myth and danger was less than 2006, but definitely still there. Axl still sounded very good. Lot's of CD-era songs in the set. It was a good gig! Sadly it also featured Ashba, the living embodiment of the proverbial turd in the punchbowl. Words can not express how awful he is. 

After this I decided this was enough for me. Axl sounded worse in 2012 and I wasn't going to pay for pretty much the same show but worse. So I skipped Rotterdam 2012. No regrets. 

Nijmegen 2017 - At this point I knew how much Axl's voice had gone downhill. We had no idea how much worse it'd get in a few years though. I went because this would be the only chance to see the 2 people that'd captured my imagination as a 13yo and turned me on to rock music together on stage. I never thought that would happen. Objectively it wasn't as good as 2010 let alone 2006, but it was a nice full circle moment for me and I'm very glad that I went. Angus joined them and absolutely lit a fire under the whole band. This was a good closing chapter for me. 

Since then I've skipped every GnR show here (Nijmegen 2018 and Groningen 2022) because it really wouldn't get any better from this point onward and everything I'd go to will just tarnish the memories. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1. Hannover, DE 2017

2. Nijmegen, NL 2017

3. Gelsenkirchen, DE 2018

4. Barcelona, ES 2018

5. Nijmegen, NL 2018

+ Axl/DC in Hamburg and Dusseldorf 2016 and SMKC in Offenbach 2019. 

all of those shows were absolutely brilliant and if there was no inflation shit going on at the moment I’d go and see them this year again 

• Like 1

Im 37 yrs old. Been a fan since TSI (older cousin was a big fan back in the day, have all this Bravo, Popcorn and other magazines from her, to this day) and vhs of T2. Watched VMAs 2002 live on MTV and loved it. Forum member since 2005.

Been to all polish shows, Warsaw 2006, Rybnik 2012, Gdansk 2017, Chorzow 2018 and Warsaw 2022 (the best one).

Been lucky to live in Silesian district, Chorzow and Rybnik were very close to my hometown. So for me its good to be a fan. Bought litho from the last gig n its cool.

Docklands 02, London 2006 x 3 I think, London 2012 I think it was, Vegas 2016 x 2, Holland 2016 or 17 I can't remember. Not as many times as I thought I'd seen them tbh, had tickets to some shows that were cancelled too though (eg Manchester 2002). Memory is fucked from smoking too much weed back then 🤣

On 8/16/2021 at 9:50 PM, janrichmond said:

Wembley '91

Wembley '92

MK Bowl '93 both nights

Olympic Stadium '17 both nights

I didn't see any Nuguns

Both nights at MK! Awesome 

I just went to the 1st night. Did you see 2 not so cool kids wearing cycling shorts and tartan shirts with 'Where's Gilby' and 'Here's Izzy' on their backs. One of them was me 😎 

• Like 1

On 9/30/2020 at 6:34 PM, ToonGuns said:

I was there!

Fucking amazing night. Was also my first GnR related gig. I remember panicking trying to order the tickets, and treating them as gold when they arrived - wouldn't let then out my sight.

The gig was sweaty rnfnr of the highest calibre. Difficult to capture that atmosphere nowadays. Rod was an excellent front man as well as a good singer, people forget that.

I bought a t-shirt at that gig that I've lost though, which really annoys me.

I was there too. My mate was at Uni in Sheffield and we just got tickets on the night. Awesome show

On 9/30/2020 at 9:46 PM, Stiff Competition said:

4x in 2006 (inland invasion and all there nights at gibson amphitheater)

1x in 2011 (the la forum)

2x in 2016 (Dodger Stadium)

3x in 2017 (twice in London and once at the LA Forum)

so 10x total for the name GNR

I also saw VR 14x which is just as much GNR to me as the 2006/2011 shows.

As well as plenty of shows by Slash solo Adler, Gilby, Duff projects including 2x with Janes Addiction, etc....

Out of all of them, VR was the best, especially the show at the Whisky.

Coolio ... I saw VR 14 times too. They were amazing live and I enjoyed them as much as Guns gigs.

I prefer Contraband to Chinese

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Sweersa said:

I would have loved to see VR, especially after their last album (my favorite of theirs) 

VR were excellent live. I saw them 4 times, twice in a theatre that held 1,500 which was cool. I really liked Libertad also. 

On 7/10/2022 at 2:37 PM, WildStar said:

Coolio ... I saw VR 14 times too. They were amazing live and I enjoyed them as much as Guns gigs.

I prefer Contraband to Chinese

14 times!! 

I always feel like a freak having seen some bands 10-12 times. Great to see there’s other gig freaks out there!

• Like 1