How many GnR gigs have you been too...

DurhamGirl

On 9/28/2020 at 9:39 PM, DurhamGirl said:

How many GnR gigs have you been too and where?  As a new fan I have been to 0, I hope I get too see one before their retirement, although to have seen them way back when must have been crazy :crazy:

If you really want to see them, you will get so, so! many opportunities! hopefully sooner rather than later too... with a new album😄

Outside of anything unfortunate happening like deaths, disability / disease, GNR will continue for another few years after the pandemic. 

I've seen them 5 times, Should have been 6 had the pandemic not popped up. That number could have tripled over the years if I had more money when I was younger. Only GNR related show I missed that I regret was Axl with AC/DC though, but I'm fortunate that I got to see some great GNR shows from 2006 onwards.

Guns n roses sydney 93 ( skid row were support and i felt SR were the better band that day. They were just a more hungry band then gnr who looked like they were on autopilot.

VR sydney 05. Hands down almost one of the best shows ive seen.

Nugnr 07 sydney

Slash solo each time he has toured 2010 to 2015 sydney

Nitl sydney night1 2017.

Edited by Sydney Fan
  • Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

6 times in total for me.

Reading Festival 2010 (the infamous 'sit down protest' show).

Leeds Festival 2010 (a follow on from the above show, similar issues but no protesting).

Nottingham 2012

Birmingham 2012

London Stadium 2017 x2

I also saw Duff with Loaded in 2009 (met him before the show, got a photo with him and he signed a few things), and Slash with MK in 2013 (again met Slash after the show -  he was only doing signings, no photos).

I also got see Axl with AC/DC at Manchester in 2016.

Not bad in all...

• Like 1

Toronto 2002 - First time! Was a great gig.

Toronto 2006 - This show was a lot better than the first, great time.

Hamilton 2010 - My favorite. Axl sounded close to his early 90's voice  and looked the part as well. They played TWAT.

Hamilton 2011

Toronto 2013

Toronto 2016 - Great to see the trio back together, and for that alone it was awesome. Glad I saw them before Axl's voice deteriorated as drastically as it has.

On 9/29/2020 at 7:56 AM, MillionsOfSpiders said:

The first member of GN’R I saw was Slash with his band Snakepit in 2000 at Sheffield Corporation Club. Best gig ever. 

I was there!

Fucking amazing night. Was also my first GnR related gig. I remember panicking trying to order the tickets, and treating them as gold when they arrived - wouldn't let then out my sight.

The gig was sweaty rnfnr of the highest calibre. Difficult to capture that atmosphere nowadays. Rod was an excellent front man as well as a good singer, people forget that.

I bought a t-shirt at that gig that I've lost though, which really annoys me.

• Like 3
  • GNFNR 1

4x in 2006 (inland invasion and all there nights at gibson amphitheater)

1x in 2011 (the la forum)

2x in 2016 (Dodger Stadium)

3x in 2017 (twice in London and once at the LA Forum)

so 10x total for the name GNR

I also saw VR 14x which is just as much GNR to me as the 2006/2011 shows.

As well as plenty of shows by Slash solo Adler, Gilby, Duff projects including 2x with Janes Addiction, etc....

Out of all of them, VR was the best, especially the show at the Whisky.

Edited by Stiff Competition
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, CrustyTony18 said:

That I bought tickets for 5, that they played at 4.  I was in Philly when Axl no-showed back in 2002.

Me and my buddy went to MSG the show before that.  He got tickets for Philly and I didn't have the money for another show so he calls me bragging he got 6th row.  I was so fucking jealous until he called me later in the night telling me all the shit being thrown at the stage and the urinals being ripped off the wall after Axl didn't show up.  

• Like 2

On 9/29/2020 at 9:33 AM, Powderfinger said:

Slane 1992

Dublin 2006

Dublin 2010

Seattle 2016

Slane 2017

Vancouver 2017

What did you think of the Vancouver show? I think it was probably the weakest show I've seen from Axl, but BC Place has notoriously bad sound and I really noticed from where I was. Seattle 2016 was way better and I was in basically the same spot at both shows.

3 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

What did you think of the Vancouver show? I think it was probably the weakest show I've seen from Axl, but BC Place has notoriously bad sound and I really noticed from where I was. Seattle 2016 was way better and I was in basically the same spot at both shows.

I was in the pit Duffs side, it was ok, weaker than Seattle but maybe the reunion buzz had worn off by Vancouver over a year later.

I remember Duffs look at Axl when he picked a Joint off the stage and had a toke!

I think they also did a version of “I feel Good” I remember that been Axl’s strongest vocal on the night. 

2 hours ago, The Dissident said:

GNR - Seattle 2016

GNR - Vancouver 2017

SMKC - Vancouver 2019

Was supposed to see GNR in Seattle this year but we know how that went. 

We’ve been to all the same gigs! And also missed out on the same gig! :lol:

• Like 1

2002 Pittsburgh 

2006 Hammerstein Ballroom

2006 Cleveland 

2011 Orlando 

2011 Wilkes-barre PA

2011 Youngstown OH

2012 Silver Spring MD

2013 Brooklyn Bowl

2014 Bethlehem PA

2016 Vegas 

2016 DC

2016 Pittsburgh 

2016 Philly 

2016 East Rutherford 

2017 Hershey PA

2017 Buffalo

2017 Philly 

2017 DC

2019 Louisville (Louder than Life)

also seen Axl/DC, VR, and Slash with Myles Kennedy a few times. 

I had tix for philly this summer, but we all know what happened there. 

3 hours ago, Minche said:

None, unfortunately. I had a chance in 2010 and 2012, and I bloody missed it.:shrugs: Hopefully, they'll soon replace Slash with the g.o.a.t that is DJ Ashba, and I shall have my chance again, God willing. :)

Luckily I know you're joking about ashba :lol:

#ban

• Haha 2

2  or 3 i times n my life.

1980s , a long time ago. Decades ago.  Louisiana.  1 or 2 concerts . I can remember .  I am not sure if I saw GnR  2 times because I saw Motley Crue and GnR may have the been opening band for that tour.  I know I saw GnR once for sure. Hey, it was free for me so that  is why I cannot remember.  Long story short, I worked at my university arena and got to see some free shows.

2nd or 3 rd show, NITL tour last year, Austin. 

And that is enough for me in my lifetime.

Edited by Amaya
  • Like 1

• 10 months later...