Maynard James Keenan and Joe Rogan talk gnr

50 minutes ago, soon said:

Classy of Maynard to not mention that APC formed, in part, due to Axls floundering.

But the way Im hearing it, Maynard seems to say that Guns only had one "meal" (album)?

In my opinion, they kinda had. Illusions have some of Guns' greatest songs, but as albums they are a bit disjointed. They are good albums, but they had the potential to be great albums.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, circusboy666 said:

Cmon tool release an album once a decade...don’t act like Keenan is like Mike Patton. 

Compared to GNR they are like Buckethead levels productive though, cards on the table lol

Keenan himself is very productive though if you look at all the Puscifer, APC, and Tool albums he has released collectively the past 20 years.  Ironically with Tool it is like the inverse issue where the singer is the one going "c'mon guys I am ready just send me the files"

Edited by WhazUp
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, StayofExecution2020 said:

lol. No probably not since tool doesn't make music that's supposed to be played on the radio.

And the fact that Tool are actually relevant artists that aren’t just all about the money. Do you think Tool would ever release a pinball machine, or a kids story book? GnR probably makes Maynard sick, so he could’ve really gone to town on them. 

11 hours ago, jekylhyde said:

In my opinion, they kinda had. Illusions have some of Guns' greatest songs, but as albums they are a bit disjointed. They are good albums, but they had the potential to be great albums.

I think if one UYI album with the best 12 songs had of been released it would possibly have been considered up there with the great rock albums, so a bit diluted down by the release of two double albums.

• Like 1

bo hoo the guy from Tool barely made a small jab at axl/guns; just bc he doesn't make blues based classic rock you guys are gonna shit on him?

Tool's done some cool shit, but I guess since its not 4/4 you can't fuck with it?

@2020_Intensionssince when has music being played on the radio been the only validation required for piece of music to be considered good

• Like 4

4 hours ago, RochelleRochelle said:

I went to a Tool show a while back, after being told how they're such a great live band.  It was hands down, one if the worst shows I've ever seen.  Maynard stood with his back to the crowd the entire show.  It was boring as fuck. I'll take GNR all day. 

Ironically I was just about to say how I saw Tool last year and my mind was blown lol, one of the best I have seen.  It was right after the new album came out and they opened with the title track and from the get-go just all killer, no filler.  

Edited by WhazUp
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, DownUnderScott said:

And the fact that Tool are actually relevant artists that aren’t just all about the money. Do you think Tool would ever release a pinball machine, or a kids story book? GnR probably makes Maynard sick, so he could’ve really gone to town on them. 

No. Because Tool aren't managed by some brazilian housekeepers

6 hours ago, RochelleRochelle said:

I went to a Tool show a while back, after being told how they're such a great live band.  It was hands down, one if the worst shows I've ever seen.  Maynard stood with his back to the crowd the entire show.  It was boring as fuck. I'll take GNR all day. 

Tool is not your typical rock show. You have to be into this kinda stuff. Art is not for everyone

Edited by StayofExecution2020
  • Like 1

Tool are great live but i totally get people who wouldn't enjoy it. It's an immersive experience with the screen displays matching the music. Maynard stands behind the drum kit and the band do not interact with the audience or each other at all. It's one of those, if you don't like the music, you're gonna hate the live show. I took a mate to see kiss live having only ever heard one song and not being a fan at all. he said it was the greatest show he'd ever seen and he didn't know a song. If you go to a tool song without knowing a song, you'll struggle :lol:

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, scottish nutter said:

Iv tried listening to tool a few times after hearing people say how good they are, i just couldnt get into anything i was hearing, each to their own though

The aenima album is fantastic start to finish, i'd just listen to that several times. Though lateralus is my fav song. If you like your riffs in D, and progressive, then there's no greater band ha

• Like 1