North America 2021 rescheduled/cancelled/new tour dates discussion thread

1 minute ago, Gavin82 said:

Glastonbury 21 is OFFICIALLY CANCELLED 

Yeah, I'd say if that's off, there's now zero chance the UK GNR dates are happening. 

They'll probably do what they did last time and not bother to announce the cancellation until moments before the gigs though, so don't expect anything soon! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Crazy times folks, though as always, the safety of our families and ourselves should take priority. Our time will come to attend these events that we used to take for granted, hopefully time will show the strides that the government claim to be making.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dean said:

Crazy times folks, though as always, the safety of our families and ourselves should take priority. Our time will come to attend these events that we used to take for granted, hopefully time will show the strides that the government claim to be making.

Couldn't agree more. 

• GNFNR 1

27 minutes ago, Eddie Money said:

This pandemic is taking away valuable shelf-life of our aging rock stars. 

That's for sure and really the worst thing about it. Most bands and acts I like and want/wanted to see are old too. Alice Cooper, Aerosmith, Scorpions, Queen, Rolling Stones, Diana Ross.... and the ones that aren't aren't exactly young.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Eddie Money said:

Man, just checking for the first time since the pandemic began to read this shit news.  I was planning on flying over to Chicago for a little blues at Kingston Mines and a Guns N' Roses show at Wrigley. 

This pandemic is taking away valuable shelf-life of our aging rock stars.  I only like "legacy acts" and they're all starting to sound like shit with age.  Fast-forward two years and I'm sure that James Hetfield, Huey Lewis, Joe Elliott, and our beloved Axl will not sound any better than they did in 2019.  

I hope you are all well and also hope that each of you American forum members don't end up hating yourself too much as you atone for your "white privilege" in the Joe Biden era.  

How can we ever atone for our white privilege?

13 hours ago, DurhamGirl said:

Its not looking good here in the UK, high death rate with no easing of lockdown on the horizon.  It looks like 2022.

Vaccine will probably be widely available by summer. By fall, most will have gotten it. So I don't see such a pessimistic scenario happening. Most scientists in the field say by fall, we should be pretty much back to normal.

Edited by Nintari

16 minutes ago, Nintari said:

Vaccine will probably be widely available by summer. By fall, most will have gotten it. So I don't see such a pessimistic scenario happening. Most scientists in the field say by fall, we should be pretty much back to normal.

Basically yes, but don’t forget that a) the situation kind of varies from country to country, b) the elderly and the folks with weaker condition go first, c) we still don’t know how long the effect will last and whether there won’t be any side effects in e.g. half a year, d) when you get the vaccine, the official info afaik is that you still can get and/or spread the thing (and have to wear the mask), e) ticket sales, organization, and logistics take time, you can’t do it within like a month… etc. In short, things are still up in the air, literally and figuratively. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Eddie Money said:

Man, just checking for the first time since the pandemic began to read this shit news.  I was planning on flying over to Chicago for a little blues at Kingston Mines and a Guns N' Roses show at Wrigley. 

This pandemic is taking away valuable shelf-life of our aging rock stars.  I only like "legacy acts" and they're all starting to sound like shit with age.  Fast-forward two years and I'm sure that James Hetfield, Huey Lewis, Joe Elliott, and our beloved Axl will not sound any better than they did in 2019.  

I hope you are all well and also hope that each of you American forum members don't end up hating yourself too much as you atone for your "white privilege" in the Joe Biden era.  

It's worse for really iconic artists like Rolling Stones and Paul McCartney, McCartney keeps sounding worse and worse live, and a band like the Stones especially a guy like Jagger bring it every night and I am guessing there comes a point they are just not able to bring it anymore, not to mention the very real chance one of their main guys ( Watts, Jagger, Richards) will not be able to play anymore for health reasons, I am not as worried about the 50-60 something rock stars as much

And I am not sure what you mean by that last remark, are you suggesting we have these concerts during this pandemic and the reason we are not having them is because there is "anti white discrimination"?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jamillos said:

e) ticket sales, organization, and logistics take time, you can’t do it within like a month… etc. 

That's why there are concerts scheduled throughout the year and only cancelled last minute. Once politicans allow it, concerts can go ahead. Within a month. At least theoretically.

4 hours ago, Nintari said:

I'm taking it you're in America, from the words you're using. 

Trust me, here in the UK no-one is being pessimistic when they say these concerts aren't happening this summer. 

To be honest, given what I read about Covid in the US it seems pretty put of control there too....but at least you've got a guy in charge now who is actually taking immediate action. 

Vaccines are only the start of the end of this though don't forget, and as mentioned above, there are so many unknowns. There's a long road ahead. 

• Like 1

Here in Brazil we have Carnaval in February / March, which was obviuosly postponed to July.

Yesterday they called it off, so no Carnaval in Brazil in 2021, which means probably no large gatherings for the second semester.

Here in São Paulo we are about to enter in a partial lockdown (only for essentials) during the weekends and up to last man vaccined (they are projecting to have the "entire" population vaccined in Brazil / São Paulo maybe, I said maybe february of 2022)! :wow:

18 hours ago, Stress Fracture said:

The news has been grim in the UK this week and it’s been announced today that the new variant spreading through the land is more deadly. The London and Glasgow shows are basically 100% postponed for another year, presumably along with the rest of the European tour.

If Glastonbury is cancelled everything else will be for sure