06/28/22 - Dublin, IE - Marlay Park

alfierose

47 minutes ago, ChrisMaciel said:

That’s the most intriguing for me.

In the previous shows, it seemed like he had to push a lot to have the rasp.

In this show, the rasp was appearing naturally, almost as he had no control at all.

That makes me think he can really sing with rasp everytime he wants It, but he just prefer to sing with clean voice, also It seems that is more comfortable for him!

• Like 1
  • ABSUЯD 1

On 6/28/2022 at 11:43 AM, thomasmcole said:

Many in the GA/GC queue at the moment? Decided to stop for a pint on the way and to escape the rain

Sorry I didn’t read this yesterday! Not sure how many were behind me. 4 people were the first, at 8 or so. I was there at 9. 

I guess that hard critic push to Axl improvement. Few days ago a Norway fan put in Tik Tok a video about the   Axl's vocals an she dissapoint, the video has become viral, has more 2 millons visualizations. Maybe Axl need be bit stimulate to realize as him sound.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Dani_1455 said:

That makes me think he can really sing with rasp everytime he wants It, but he just prefer to sing with clean voice, also It seems that is more comfortable for him!

The more I listen to his live performances nowadays, the more I'm convinced that If you asked him to sing whatever song exactly like he did in 1992, he would sing exactly like he did in 1992. He's still capable of doing it, I'm 100% sure he could do it in the studio with no problems.

Probably he won't be able to sing like this every night for the whole tour, and that's the only reason why he chooses different singing style - to maintain his voice.

2 minutes ago, Ratam said:

I guess that hard critic push to Axl improvement. Few days ago a Norway fan put in Tik Tok a video about the   Axl's vocals an she dissapoint, the video has become viral, has more 2 millons visualizations. Maybe Axl need be bit stimulate to realize as him sound.

Actually I wouldn't be surprised if he got addicted to Tik Tok and stumbled upon some videos criticizing the band or someting like this, lol.

By looking at this tour so far - the setlists, varying length of shows, Axl's vocal performance that varies almost from show to show, I have one conclusion - he's trying out different things, looking to change something. And actually it's kinda exciting to watch from a fan perspective.

• Like 2

Just now, swirkh said:

The more I listen to his live performances nowadays, the more I'm convinced that If you asked him to sing whatever song exactly like he did in 1992, he would sing exactly like he did in 1992. He's still capable of doing it, I'm 100% sure he could do it in the studio with no problems.

Probably he won't be able to sing like this every night for the whole tour, and that's the only reason why he chooses different singing style - to maintain his voice

Maybe I'm just wrong, but I noticed that in the last concert, Axl didn't blow his nose in all the concert, as in the others he do It constantly, can be that he could breath correctly and better than on the others shows, and can this really be a reason for his improvement?

29 minutes ago, Dani_1455 said:

Maybe I'm just wrong, but I noticed that in the last concert, Axl didn't blow his nose in all the concert, as in the others he do It constantly, can be that he could breath correctly and better than on the others shows, and can this really be a reason for his improvement?

His voice is no way near what it used to be(the man is 60), this tour has seen a lot of struggles vocally and some good moments. Today in Dublin he was very strong, and it was great to hear/see. Do I think he sings in a way to preserve his voice to last a long tour? absolutely.- he's smart. But I'm not niave in thinking he can just turn it on like the 90's , 2010's, 2016 AC/DC no way.... He can definetly do better, but that banshee powerhouse wail will never be the same like it once was, and thats ok, his energy and effort is clearly showing so kudos Axl.

Edited by Nightrain7
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Rovim said:

maybe he doesn't need it to get through the set, but considering the physically demanding Gn'R material (to his vocal chords and body cause he's not just standing there singing the shit) my guess is that a 20-40 minutes of breaks helps him immensely, I think he needs to rest his voice between performances.

it might be boring to a lot of people but I'm just saying the long breaks are not pointless. It's possible we're getting better vocal performances from Axl thanks to these solo spots and extended solos.

gives the crowd a rest too. Not that this crowd was particularly active. But too many songs one after the other, going full pout burns the crowd out faster. for me the 3 hours went in super fast, the guitar solos and jams were great. it's nice to see the band be a band, and not a live jukebox dishing out song after song for the benefit of those who are glued to setlist.fm for the full show.

1 minute ago, steveysham said:

gives the crowd a rest too. Not that this crowd was particularly active. But too many songs one after the other, going full pout burns the crowd out faster. for me the 3 hours went in super fast, the guitar solos and jams were great. it's nice to see the band be a band, and not a live jukebox dishing out song after song for the benefit of those who are glued to setlist.fm for the full show.

Thinking about it, a real highlight was double talkin jive. Slash guitar work on the extended intro was really excellent. Agree about the solos being great. You're there for the songs but also to see some of the best musicians in the world do their thing. 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Nightrain7 said:

His voice is no way near what it used to be(the man is 60), this tour has seen a lot of struggles vocally and some good moments. Today in Dublin he was very strong, and it was great to hear/see. Do I think he sings in a way to preserve his voice to last a long tour? absolutely.- he's smart. But I'm not niave in thinking he can just turn it on like the 90's , 2010's, 2016 AC/DC no way.... He can definetly do better, but that banshee powerhouse wail will never be the same like it once was, and thats ok, his energy and effort is clearly showing so kudos Axl.

I really think like you, in terms of power I think he will never approach again to 90's, 10's... But I think that in terms of sounding something similar to that times he can really approach!

25 minutes ago, Zeppelin said:

Good to see some positive reactions. I haven't watched/heard anything from the show yet, but it's good to have some positive vibes.

Videos of full gig out there on ‘TouYube’…..

Reckless life was :headbang:

2 minutes ago, Jakey Styley said:

Any other standout performances last night beyond SCOM?

NR….and specifically Reckless Life

• Like 1