06/28/22 - Dublin, IE - Marlay Park

alfierose

2 hours ago, Tom2112 said:

How is it not a real problem?? I am their exact target market, know all the songs and I still feel like it's too much. That is a problem. Some bands play for 3hrs and it feels like an hour others play for 3grs and it feels like 5.

I applaud gnr for  playing well over the 1.5/2hr mark other bands play, but I also know the show drags in the middle and loses momentum making the show feel as long as it is.

So just leave early?

6 minutes ago, Pedrolg said:

Wow, something about Axl was different today. That lost mid range rasp found its way into some of the songs and it seemed almost by accident. Civil War, Jungle and even NR and SCOM. 

Also some of the range that seemed lost from 18-21 is back. Back in Black might not sound like it did with AC/DC but he is hitting those notes. If he keeps improving like that we might get an unexpected second wind here.

Thanks to Chad Smith just sitting there. Historically, Axl always puts extra effort when there's a special guest. Watch shows with Izzy, Seb Bach, Angus Young, Zakk Wylde and so on. Same when he's guest on ofher's.

1 hour ago, Pedrolg said:

Wow, something about Axl was different today. That lost mid range rasp found its way into some of the songs and it seemed almost by accident. Civil War, Jungle and even NR and SCOM. 

Also some of the range that seemed lost from 18-21 is back. Back in Black might not sound like it did with AC/DC but he is hitting those notes. If he keeps improving like that we might get an unexpected second wind here.

That’s great to hear. I saw them 3 times on the We’re F’n Back tour last year and he improved every time but by the last one I saw (Florida night 1) he sounded powerful and in control.

What I will say is the wonderful voice he found in 2016-2018 seems to be gone and that’s absolutely okay. He’s 60 now but I reckon he’ll go out on top. He (and they) look and sound great.

35 minutes ago, W. Axl Kev said:

That’s great to hear. I saw them 3 times on the We’re F’n Back tour last year and he improved every time but by the last one I saw (Florida night 1) he sounded powerful and in control.

What I will say is the wonderful voice he found in 2016-2018 seems to be gone and that’s absolutely okay. He’s 60 now but I reckon he’ll go out on top. He (and they) look and sound great.

I would even say he sounds better than in 2018...easily. 

2 hours ago, Pedrolg said:

Sounded like natural rasp not pushed either. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mystery said:

The part in one of the reviews about the crowd being in their 40s and the atmosphere being different caught my attention. Some of those people likely were the ones going nuts back in 1992 but time kind of mellows people out.

I was there in 92, the world was a different place back then. One tenth of the entire Irish police force was at that Gig in 1992! The whole world has mellowed out since then. 

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, Powderfinger said:

I was there in 92, the world was a different place back then. One tenth of the entire Irish police force was at that Gig in 1992! The whole world has mellowed out since then. 

Yeah I'd have to agree here.  I still think there may be many people that still think it's the early 90s with the band in their 20s.  The world has changed, people have changed and the desire for a repeat of the 90s will only result in disappointment.  We all have to move forward the past is the past it can never be repeated no matter how much we want it or how much the band tries.  Lets just enjoy the present and live in that moment.

Edited by RnRHOFGNR
  • Like 2

The show was brilliant. As hardcore fans we tend to be very critical but they were so good last night and for a brief moment I realized that this might be one of the last times I get to see them live. 

I do regret driving though. Really missed the drink :lol:

Edited by jacdaniel
Spelling
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

Why would I leave early after paying 100+ for a ticket? The actual solution is not to have a mid set lull. But yeah great take🤣

I think Axl gets a chance to rest his voice a little bit during the extended solos and solo spots and maybe this makes it possible or at least much easier for him to deliver a stronger performance overall. Maybe it's even more important now that he's older.

Edited by Rovim

56 minutes ago, Rovim said:

I think Axl gets a chance to rest his voice a little bit during the extended solos and solo spots and maybe this makes it possible or at least much easier for him to deliver a stronger performance overall. Maybe it's even more important now that he's older.

Oh yeah it's definitely giving Axl breaks. I just don't think he needs 20-40 minutes of breaks to get through the set. 

17 minutes ago, Dani_1455 said:

Axl tonight sound incredible good, rasp on SCOM, NR... Wttj sound the BEST since 2017 for me, and if he can keep improving like this, we can have a very good tour from Guns!

Agreed the video so far makes me wish I could have gone. If he continues like this, I might try and go to one of the shows at the end of the year. 

13 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

Oh yeah it's definitely giving Axl breaks. I just don't think he needs 20-40 minutes of breaks to get through the set. 

maybe he doesn't need it to get through the set, but considering the physically demanding Gn'R material (to his vocal chords and body cause he's not just standing there singing the shit) my guess is that a 20-40 minutes of breaks helps him immensely, I think he needs to rest his voice between performances.

it might be boring to a lot of people but I'm just saying the long breaks are not pointless. It's possible we're getting better vocal performances from Axl thanks to these solo spots and extended solos.

Edited by Rovim