07/02/22 - London, GB - Tottenham Hotspur Stadium

alfierose

Man, I really hope this (what looks like) positive feedback on his changed vocal approach somehow reaches Axl and results in some good things for the future.

Neither mickey nor low voice resemble the mid-range raspy voice from original recordings. But the latter sounds way better than mickey, so why bother with the first one ?

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, kanecrescente said:

Nobody dug her the first night, let alone the second night... except my sister 

I am sure there were many that enjoyed it, Carrie is a very popular singer so I can see why GNR would want to have some fun bringing her up in general

OK. Just listened to “Sweet Child” too. I know Carrie assisted by bringing the highs, as Axl put it, but Axl sounded good in the low register. I’ve said it before, but it would be really dope to get an unplugged tour with Axl on piano. Slowed down arrangement, low register, bangers. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Jw224 said:

"The band is reportedly working on a new studio album"

LOL

Yeah, it also says that the "EP" was released in February. It's a standard paragraph attached in all the GnR related articles in Blabbermouth since last year. It's a Blabbermouth thing.

• Like 1

I don't want to speculate, but something is wrong with this tour. We really won't know. Nothing is said about the illusions box, there are no indications that we will have new songs. It's really hard to be a Guns fan. I believe there are no more expectations about the band. Perhaps until 1996 the band was talked about in the media and had hot comments about a new album. There are things that cannot be changed.

23 minutes ago, GnR Chris said:

OK. Just listened to “Sweet Child” too. I know Carrie assisted by bringing the highs, as Axl put it, but Axl sounded good in the low register. I’ve said it before, but it would be really dope to get an unplugged tour with Axl on piano. Slowed down arrangement, low register, bangers. 

I was actually just thinking about Unplugged after hearing Axl singing these songs like this.  Even they did a one off pro shot performance. It was something I just wasn't interested in with the way Axl has sounded these days.. Singing songs in his low voice is a game changer for sure. 

Big props to Carrie, she really belted it out on PC.

It's not nice to see Axl struggle but I have mad respect for him standing there in front of thousands and admitting he's having problems. Hopefully things will be back to normal next show.

1 hour ago, kanecrescente said:

Nobody dug her the first night, let alone the second night... except my sister 

I don't think that Carrie Underwood is really a big enough name in the UK for people to be getting excited about her.  People go to see Axl and Slash and to a lesser extent, Duff.  Not somebody most of them probably don't know singing the biggest songs 

• Like 1

For everyone saying they hope he gets back to normal soon... why!? Listen to Nightrain from the first show and honestly tell me it sounds better than this show. KOHD sounded better with just low vocals, Civil War, Absurd... hopefully this is a new normal.

Edited by Gordon Comstock
  • Like 3