ABSUЯD Single released at midnight

4 hours ago, jamillos said:

- Hey, buddy from 2013. Axl and Slash are gonna reunite. 
- What? You’re pulling my leg, right? Didn’t he recently say something like "not in this lifetime"? 
- You have no idea. Oh and Axl will front AC/DC for a bit. 
- Whaaat? Seriously? 
- And he’ll sound like the old days then. 
- No way! How does he look like in your timeline anyway? Still slim, long hair and all? 
- Don’t ask. By the way, there will come a time when no YouTube videos will be allowed on MyGnr forum. Other than official stuff, that is. 
- On a forum? That's ridiculous. Why? 
- Cause of a few sociopaths and a certain management team. You wanna hear something funny? 
- Absolutely. Still can’t wrap my head around all this information. 
- You wanna know what the first Guns single will be?
- Some old demo from the golden era? The mysterious later sessions? Or even a new song?
- Silkworms. 
- What. The fuck. But didn’t you say they’d reunite? Slash and Duff back in the band? 
- Yes. Isn’t that... absurd?
- I’m speechless. Wait, why did you say it like that? 
- Ha. Now get this: the Silkworms thread on the forum will have 90 pages within like two weeks, and people will even kind of grow to like it. 
- Ok, now you’re fucking with me.
- See ya next time! 

Just summed up the last 8 years on here. Thanks.

Edited by Ak1nney
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, RussTCB said:

Poorly worded on my part I guess. I wouldn't mean to suggest that we know listeners opinion on the track. My guess was that 1 million listens means people listened to it multiple times, suggesting that they like it. 

Probably, but considering GNR is one of the biggest rock bands of the last 3 decates with way too much output I don't know uf it's that good. I mean, it could be like this:

"Hey, GNR have a new song, let's have listen!"

"WTF! That sounds strange"

You will easily find 1 million rock fans on spotify, or fans who listened to rock music back in the day, I think. A lot of them may have listened to Absurd once. I don't know if it's an evidence that they all like it. :shrugs:

• Like 1
  • ABSUЯD 1

19 hours ago, GNRfanJen said:

I don't know who all cares about streaming numbers (though there's no denying it's a focal unit of measurement for music nowadays), but ABSUЯD has officially surpassed over 1 million streams on Spotify after only 10 days. 

We don't really have anything to compare that number to given this is their first track they've dropped on this platform in real time (not counting Shadow), but it's still pretty damn cool. Good for them. 

That's really good for a rock band just over a week after releasing a song. Does anyone know where they are on the Billboard charts?

A lot of those streams are from me though :lol:

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

I like Slash’s contributions to Hard School. A lot of guitar work going on for a 3 minute track. Excited for the studio cut

I still haven't even listened to any of the sound checks, so I'll be surprised by whatever changes if/when they play it live. 

1 hour ago, DTJ80 said:

For folks who have heard this on the radio etc….is it the full uncensored version or a ‘radio edit’? I know it means a good chunk of words would be missing but just wondered?

I haven't heard it on the radio but a friend of mine works is a DJ on the rock station here in Detroit. He said they did get a file labeled "radio edit". I haven't heard it, but I'm guessing the censored words are just dropped out of the mix.