Would anyone like to see IRS come back?

Was listening to IRS and wondered why they haven’t played it in forever. To me, that one sounds more like classic guns than most of the other CD songs. I’d love to hear Slash’s take on it. I know it may be challenging for Axl at this point, but I’d still love to hear it. 

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

4 minutes ago, mikeman5150 said:

Was listening to IRS and wondered why they haven’t played it in forever. To me, that one sounds more like classic guns than most of the other CD songs. I’d love to hear Slash’s take on it. I know it may be challenging for Axl at this point, but I’d still love to hear it. 

There's going to be a lot of "Axl's voice" replies in this thread and I have to assume that's correct. It's gotta be too hard for him to pull off these days at a guess. 

• GNFNR 2

I like IRS but I’m okay with it staying gone. I’d like this lineup to focus on “new” songs or deep cuts from the old days. They’ve done a lot of ChiDem during the reunion as is. 

That being said, I’d be happy to personally get TWAT or Catcher at a gig I’m at 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, surforia said:

Saw the first ever performance of this back in NYC at Hammerstein.  That show was the best vocal performance I’ve ever seen from any performer in any band.

I went to one of the Hammerstein shows and the MSG show in 2006. That was one of the best eras for Axl’s voice. Just take a listen to Stuck Inside by Sebastian Bach for confirmation.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ZoSoRose said:

I like IRS but I’m okay with it staying gone. I’d like this lineup to focus on “new” songs or deep cuts from the old days. They’ve done a lot of ChiDem during the reunion as is. 

That being said, I’d be happy to personally get TWAT or Catcher at a gig I’m at 

I always try to get twat when I’m at a guns show, well after the show

2 hours ago, ZoSoRose said:

When was the last one that came up? 2010?

I think so

7 hours ago, Underhardy said:

Slash would rip that shit up. That song will always be criminally under rated due to the chorus. Although, it never bothered me. I mean that first verse is just fucking insane, building and building to those killer power chords. Such a rocker

Totally agree!