Covid-19 Thread

adamsapple

I just got back from an emergency return home, had to fly on 3 planes on 4 airports. I am beside myself, always questioning every minor aspect if I contracted something or not. Still feel very health on day 2, and no major problems, but I am very frightened right now.

1 minute ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

I just got back from an emergency return home, had to fly on 3 planes on 4 airports. I am beside myself, always questioning every minor aspect if I contracted something or not. Still feel very health on day 2, and no major problems, but I am very frightened right now.

Just make sure you try to limit your exposure to anyone for the next few weeks at least.  That’s all you can really do to help other than to take care of yourself. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

All you can do is stay calm, my friend. Keep hydrated and fed. Utilize vitamins (D, C, Zinc) if available and make sure you are getting adequate rest/sleep.

That's all you can do, you'll be alright! :headbang:

• Like 3

it's strange though, that next month will be a year since the notre dame burned.

I'm happy I find comfort in my belief. it's not catholicism, it's christianity. It's ok if not everyone agrees with me. I wasn't always such a big believer as I am now. As the years went by, by experience I guess this is who I am. 

As a baby, I fell from the third floor of our apartment, on the concrete. I survived, with not much harm to me. I learned later, that my grandmother had bought me an "angel carer" or whatever it is called in english, and I have that to this day. Laugh with it all you want "oh that's why action acts this way haha", but I just wanted to give that to you.

not everyone believes, that's ok. 

I can look at this epidemy in the calm knowledge that the afterlife will be a better place to live, on all fronts. This is all just a test to see how we handle things like these. Do we act selfish, or not? Do we deserve heaven, or not?

take this however you want.

17 hours ago, Dazey said:

Any god that would type in dark blue on a black background is a cunt and should be ignored. :P:lol: 

Surely even @Gracii Guns can't defend him on this one? :P 

It's a sin to quote scripture for use outside its intended context as well as the broader context of church teachings. Not being thoughtful of others' needs in regards to accessibility is not just a typographic error but a sin too. Though technically Action isn't culpable if he wasn't aware of that. :lol: 

1 hour ago, Gracii Guns said:

It's a sin to quote scripture for use outside its intended context as well as the broader context of church teachings. Not being thoughtful of others' needs in regards to accessibility is not just a typographic error but a sin too. Though technically Action isn't culpable if he wasn't aware of that. :lol: 

so spreading the word of god is a sin now? where is this written in the bible, or is this a catholic thing?

not being thoughtfull of others' needs is indeed a sin, I fully agree on that

edit: I'm not trying to offend you Gracii Guns - peace. But I don't trust the catholic church, and I think it is unnecessary. I'm not going to use strong terms to adress it but I can see why others would. The catholic church has done not much good for faith, with churches going empty year after year. the least you can say is, they failed. We all know what scandals the church is known for, not only in recent times but also in the hundreds of yearss that precedet it. One doesn't need the church, you only need to believe in jesus and that's all there's to say about that. That's no attack on you, peace again

Edited by action

1 hour ago, Gracii Guns said:

25 minutes ago, action said:

so spreading the word of god is a sin now? where is this written in the bible, or is this a catholic thing?

not being thoughtfull of others' needs is indeed a sin, I fully agree on that

edit: I'm not trying to offend you Gracii Guns - peace. But I don't trust the catholic church, and I think it is unnecessary. I'm not going to use strong terms to adress it but I can see why others would. The catholic church has done not much good for faith, with churches going empty year after year. the least you can say is, they failed. We all know what scandals the church is known for, not only in recent times but also in the hundreds of yearss that precedet it. One doesn't need the church, you only need to believe in jesus and that's all there's to say about that. That's no attack on you, peace again

*hides* :lol: 

Edited by Dazey
  • Haha 3

Speaking of sandwiches and catholics. The catholic women's guild makes some banging sandwiches! 

They cut them in 1/4s like tea time. One can feel that they are made with love, which stands in stark contrast to the frown lines etched into the ol' birds faces. Most of us only get em at baptisms and funerals. They are a rare treat like Girl Guides cookies. :drool:

Truly, really good sandwiches :headbang:

Edited by soon

I kid you not, and I can have corona along with all my loved ones if I'm lying and dropping stone dead, but here's what happened.

I was watching some garden program on vitaya for some nonsensical pleasure, and I was pondering how jesus helped me through this. You have to know, yesterday when I had fever again, I lay a cross on my chest and I haven't developed fever since then. So when I thought this, the very moment I thought of the word "jesus", his image appeared on screen in a flash , that exact moment, in some commercial about turkey travels.

Yeah, he exists, and he's there for me. he's there for everyone who believes in him. I want you all to know that.

I'm sorry, I'm a bit emotional now

Edited by action

5 hours ago, action said:

it's strange though, that next month will be a year since the notre dame burned.

I'm happy I find comfort in my belief. it's not catholicism, it's christianity. It's ok if not everyone agrees with me. I wasn't always such a big believer as I am now. As the years went by, by experience I guess this is who I am. 

As a baby, I fell from the third floor of our apartment, on the concrete. I survived, with not much harm to me. I learned later, that my grandmother had bought me an "angel carer" or whatever it is called in english, and I have that to this day. Laugh with it all you want "oh that's why action acts this way haha", but I just wanted to give that to you.

not everyone believes, that's ok. 

I can look at this epidemy in the calm knowledge that the afterlife will be a better place to live, on all fronts. This is all just a test to see how we handle things like these. Do we act selfish, or not? Do we deserve heaven, or not?

take this however you want.

What about animals? Do flys go to afterlife or heaven? In that case I don't have to feel so bad everytime I smash one lol

Yesterday I went to Walmart. They had some more stuff, but meat was almost gone. Just got some chicken cutlets.

Anyway, I have enough toilet paper, but the paper aisle was blocked off as the workers were stocking all the paper products.

What freaked me out was how all the people were talking to each other face to face while waiting and not realizing how you should be 6 feet apart. I was avoiding people like left and right. Even the other customers were waiting until we put up our groceries on the counter.

I didn't stay to see how things would go for the paper aisle. There were a few guys waiting on the opposite end of the aisle which was not going to be opened. The manager was standing at one end while people waited. I don't think we've had a case in Garland yet, but really, I don't understand why no one is obeying the rules.

Also some jerks were actually filming people waiting for paper products with smiles on their faces. That just told me how stupid some people really are, but then again this virus was made by man's carelessness.

Stay well people.

19 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

What about animals? Do flys go to afterlife or heaven? In that case I don't have to feel so bad everytime I smash one lol

Well, my mom has 4 cats that have passed on. Some of the vet workers told her the story of the "rainbow bridge". If you don't know about it, it is a heaven for our animals and they are healthy again and waiting for the day we meet up with them. It made me cry. Also someone told me if you see coins it means your pets are there with you. I also heard that for humans. 

None of us knows for sure, but I take comfort in that my pets are no longer in pain or suffering anymore. I think it's all we can ask for.

1 hour ago, Oldest Goat said:

Just so long as you watch TV. Specifically commercials and, obviously, regarding turkey. :lol:

Yeah and Limu Emu and Doug. Those are my favorite commercials right now. I love that Emu. I even tweeted the insurance company, so now I get emails everyday asking if I want their insurance. lol

1 hour ago, action said:

I kid you not, and I can have corona along with all my loved ones if I'm lying and dropping stone dead, but here's what happened.

I was watching some garden program on vitaya for some nonsensical pleasure, and I was pondering how jesus helped me through this. You have to know, yesterday when I had fever again, I lay a cross on my chest and I haven't developed fever since then. So when I thought this, the very moment I thought of the word "jesus", his image appeared on screen in a flash , that exact moment, in some commercial about turkey travels.

Yeah, he exists, and he's there for me. he's there for everyone who believes in him. I want you all to know that.

I'm sorry, I'm a bit emotional now

You have the right to believe what you want to and getting emotional is a good thing. You feel what you need to feel. We are all human and should be understanding of one another.

1 hour ago, soon said:

Speaking of sandwiches and catholics. The catholic women's guild makes some banging sandwiches! 

They cut them in 1/4s like tea time. One can feel that they are made with love, which stands in stark contrast to the frown lines etched into the ol' birds faces. Most of us only get em at baptisms and funerals. They are a rare treat like Girl Guides cookies. :drool:

Truly, really good sandwiches :headbang:

I commend people who step up for others. So many companies in the US are trying to help out those who are in need. Making hand sanitizer and giving up masks and gloves to the medical people.

We all need to work together to get passed this. I hope we all do.

• Like 2

Having some shortness of breath issues, unfortunately. Not ruling this out as the virus just yet since I have no other symptoms, my diet/exercise has been a train wreck recently, high anxiety recently, and it really could just be a multitude of things, but it is a little worrying to me. Given my recent travel history I am on very high alert.

Edited by AxlRoseCDII