Covid-19 Thread

adamsapple

1 hour ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

What about animals? Do flys go to afterlife or heaven? In that case I don't have to feel so bad everytime I smash one lol

I don't know anything, anything at all.

even I will still be tested, I can still "lose" jesus' help if I'm not good. Or not? I don't know, it drives me crazy. I already feel like a douche for feeling privileged because my prayers got answered. That is a thought you have, and you have absolutely no control about that.

all we can do is what is written: believe in jesus. So I was helped today, doesn't mean we have an agreement from now on that I won't get sick. It's not a certainty. At the end of your life, you will be judged for everything you did, your thoughts and your actions.

I don't know what to think, anymore. I'm utterly confused

Edited by action

21 minutes ago, Coma16 said:

@Blackstar hopefully Turkey doesnt use this as an opportunity to continue trying to push illegal military aged males into Greece. Take care megale, and God bless.

Thanks! This is another issue though, which, regardless of the policies of the Turkish government, mainly goes to show that these people - refugees and immigrants - are so desperate to enter Greece and subsequently the other EU countries that they are willing to risk their lives - and probably the coronavirus looks like nothing to them.

But anyway, Covid-19 has started spreading in Turkey now, too, so the government there has other things to be preoccupied with.

Edited by Blackstar

4 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

Imagine going to your doctor, then leaving with a life threatening virus

Sadly, because of the shortage of medical supplies, that’s how a lot of people are going to be infected. 

Here until yesterday 158 cases, today 225 cases and an new death of an 67 years old woman, she has been to arrived few days back from cruise from DR.

But the most ridiculous thing is we have 3200 people under arrest for they break the quarentine rules....😐

• Sad 1
  • Wow 1

Just over an hour ago McDonalds in the U.K. announced it was closing all its store from 7pm tomorrow evening. I think the UK is going to be locked down by Tuesday.  Beaches & parks have been very busy with a lot of people not heeding the advice of P.M. Boris Johnson of keeping a safe distance from   each other. I think McDonalds announcing the stores closing is a massive hint that lockdown is imminent. 

Edited by AFD5

It’s both amazing and unsurprising to watch the UK do a complete 180 on its original strategy to manage the outbreak.

Wasn’t the approach to not bother with containment or social distancing in the hopes of creating a large enough herd immunity? 

I assume the politics, regardless of the science, became untenable with mounting COVID-19 related deaths.  I wonder if this switch in strategy will result in a bigger spike early on and larger spikes later on with success waves of outbreaks as society starts up again. 

Seems like it was a waste of two weeks. 

• Like 1

So I went to see Testament, Exodus and Death Angel in Brussels on the 10th of march. Now I'm reading that the drummer of Death Angel is fighting for his life in ICU and several other members of those bands are quarantained/tested positive. I feel fine, but can't help to be a bit worried as well...

Edited by st0n3r

20 minutes ago, downzy said:

It’s both amazing and unsurprising to watch the UK do a complete 180 on its original strategy to manage the outbreak.

Wasn’t the approach to not bother with containment or social distancing in the hopes of creating a large enough herd immunity? 

I assume the politics, regardless of the science, became untenable with mounting COVID-19 related deaths.  I wonder if this switch in strategy will result in a bigger spike early on and larger spikes later on with success waves of outbreaks as society starts up again. 

Seems like it was a waste of two weeks. 

Well, I guess the strategy to not bother doing anything is a hard strategy to keep up when around the world everyone is advising to shut everything down and when people are dying.

2 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

102 now. Like half are people returning from hotspots like Italy and Iran. They have the flight records so just round them all up and quarantine them ffs.

I dont understand how they are not quarantining all returning people. Numbers are gonna spike, at least here in Canada...

11 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

102 now. Like half are people returning from hotspots like Italy and Iran. They have the flight records so just round them all up and quarantine them ffs.

Is just infected people? No deaths? Here have 225 infected and 4 deaths. 

9 minutes ago, Coma16 said:

I dont understand how they are not quarantining all returning people. Numbers are gonna spike, at least here in Canada...

Numbers are going to spike in every country. 

That’s the nature of pandemics. 

7 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

No deaths here yet. I know it's far worse in other countries rn but it's frustrating because I want that prevented here. I don't want my mum to die ffs.

Stay safe buddy.

I sure you mum will stay good ☺👍✌

1 hour ago, Oldest Goat said:

It's like they're waiting for it to increase? They literally have the flight lists of all passengers so could easily track and quarantine them all by force which would have essentially 100% stopped the virus at least here in NZ. This whole oh yeah maybe quarantine yourself do your best mate ho-hum attitude is too inefficient. There are idiots who disregard the instructions.

Did you see the retards on spring break in Florida? "Yo if I get corona I get corona. Bottomline? I'm not gonna stop partyin!" Should fire rubber bullets at them until they understand the beach is closed lol.

Yeah I wanted to reach through the screen and bitch slap that fuckin punk! Soooooo infuriating!

And Hawaii has got it right...literally anyone flying there mandatory 14 day quarantine. Why our own governor hasnt done that too is maddening...especially since half of our cases are travel related and now its becoming more community spread. At least our mayor is more proactive and has locked us down or "hunkered down" he likes to call it. But the governor needs to step it up now. 

Stay safe and healthy goat. More people need to take it seriously like us! :heart:

• Like 1

Definitely surreal. I was supposed to leave for a flight tonight to visit my father in Mexico...planned this trip 6 months ago. Who knew it would come smack in the middle of a global pandemic?!!! Hopefully I can see him later this fall knock on wood. Crazy ass times we are in!! 

16 minutes ago, marlingrl03 said:

Definitely surreal. I was supposed to leave for a flight tonight to visit my father in Mexico...planned this trip 6 months ago. Who knew it would come smack in the middle of a global pandemic?!!! Hopefully I can see him later this fall knock on wood. Crazy ass times we are in!! 

Sadly that 2020 is almost Lost. It was something none of us saw coming.

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, cineater said:

lol, my ex got a call from a friend in the city who wants to come stay with him in the remote area he lives because he is afraid of the riots.  Yeah, I don't know, stop panicking.  Have no idea how he came up with riots.

I'm in a group chat with a bunch of former coworkers, so they're from a bunch of different States. One of them is in Ohio and posted about the Shelter In Place ruling that's going into effect tomorrow. Then a guy from St Louis replied with a picture of the guns he keeps beside his bed and said "Stay safe man, I know I'm gonna have to use these before this whole thing is over" 

What...... 

• Confused 1
  • Wow 1

1 hour ago, RussTCB said:

I'm in a group chat with a bunch of former coworkers, so they're from a bunch of different States. One of them is in Ohio and posted about the Shelter In Place ruling that's going into effect tomorrow. Then a guy from St Louis replied with a picture of the guns he keeps beside his bed and said "Stay safe man, I know I'm gonna have to use these before this whole thing is over" 

What...... 

And that is why I stay in touch with that same remote location. :lol:  It's not the virus in St Louis that will kill you.

• Haha 1