Covid-19 Thread

adamsapple

7 hours ago, lukepowell1988 said:

Dumb question perhaps but if the UK goes into Lockdown I assume people wont be able to go to work?

Unless you're a key worker, yes.  Don't be surprised if there's extra measures to properly impose it eg. where the police can detain you for being out of your house without a good reason, too.

2 hours ago, downzy said:

German officials believe that the exponential viral growth curve is beginning to flatten:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/2020/03/23/coronavirus-latest-news/#link-XZA3TXXULZEB3PODGNKTQH3LL4

I don't know what we're doing to only have 100 deaths with over 26k infected, but it's working apparently. I really love living in this country in times like these and can trust the higher ups to do the right thing, it's all very organized and working. When I look at what the US or Britain is doing, dear lord.

Edited by StrangerInThisTown
  • Like 1

Italy has more deaths than China now. How sad! Their army is out to stop people from going around town.

I'm so glad that Texas especially Dallas country, where I live, has made a shelter at home law in effect tonight at 11:59 pm

I am working from home and my brother will be home too. My parents don't go out much at all except to shop. Meat is very hard to find right now. 

New cases everyday. I hope the Dems and Republicans can agree on the stimulus package because my brother is out of work now and he will need that money.

Stay safe people.

20 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

I don't know what we're doing to only have 100 deaths with over 26k infected, but it's working apparently. I really love living in this country in times like these and can trust the higher ups to do the right thing, it's all very organized and working. When I look at what the US or Britain is doing, dear lord.

Maybe many people have great resistant to the virus. 

Well, most of the US is on lockdown. It's all we can do right now.

What is your country doing that's different?

Maybe your leaders should tell the rest of the world.

22 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

but our President is on lockdown so why?

31 minutes ago, Gibsonfender2323 said:

Senate fails again to pass coronavirus bill

Fuck it just thave the senate debate WWE style. 

lol I know. People are going to riot. My brother can't work. His yoga studios are all closed so he will need that money for his bills and food. 

If this goes on, Biden will suffer the consequences of Pelosi and her stupid  ideas on what should be good for Americans.

People will vote for Trump just on the basis that he wants to give us money asap.

34 minutes ago, Axls Rocket Queen said:

Unless you're a key worker, yes.  Don't be surprised if there's extra measures to properly impose it eg. where the police can detain you for being out of your house without a good reason, too.

Yeah, the only workers in Dallas are medical people and restaurant take out, but schools are closed and no one is supposed to be outside after 11:59 tonight unless it's to purchase food or visit loved ones to see how they are.  everytime I go to a store I'm afraid I might get infected. Walmart customers are still gathering around each other waiting for paper products. How stupid is that?

2 minutes ago, lukepowell1988 said:

Disney + is out tomorrow that should keep me occupied if we go into lockdown 

Yeah, thank goodness for tv and the internet and books. Otherwise I would go insane after I finish my work. lol Oh and my daughter makes me laugh and smile too.

Shelter in place order for the province of Ontario, beginning tomorrow night.

I was suppose to have a new couch delivered (ordered back in December) last Tuesday, that was pushed to last Thursday, that was then transferred to a third-party moving company that promised delivery by this Wednesday.  Ughh...

1 hour ago, lukepowell1988 said:

Disney + is out tomorrow that should keep me occupied if we go into lockdown 

I'd be excited too if I hadn't pirated and hatewanked my way through the Mandalorian already.  

11 minutes ago, downzy said:

I was suppose to have a new couch delivered (ordered back in December) last Tuesday, that was pushed to last Thursday, that was then transferred to a third-party moving company that promised delivery by this Wednesday.  Ughh...

You'll just have to shelter standing or laying down then. 

1 hour ago, lukepowell1988 said:

Jesus that reminds me going to be locked up with a 4 year old been home 3 hours and he has already driven me to insanity 

Surely it'll be just like another holiday in Thailand for you? :lol: 

*hides* 

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

You'll just have to shelter standing or laying down then. 

Yeah, not a huge problem in the grand scheme of things.

The thing about this couch is my wife opted to pay for the entire amount when she could have opted to pay 50 percent in December and 50 percent upon delivery. Suffice it to say that she will no longer in charge of the major purchases going forward.

We got a call the day before it was suppose to be delivered telling us it would come Thursday. Then Wednesday we got a call that the furniture company is shutting down until the outbreak subsides and that a third party company would deliver this coming Wednesday. And then today we find out that all non-essential business is to be shuttered for two weeks beginning Tuesday night.

I swear we’re never getting a couch that my wife paid in full.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, downzy said:

I see the non essential business closure order, but no Shelter in place order yet.

7 minutes ago, downzy said:

You’re correct. I got ahead of myself on that one. 

Probably not by much though.I wouldn't be surprised if they announce it even by tomorrow.

Provincial and territorial premiers were expected to hold a telephone call with Prime Minister Justin Trudeau Monday evening to discuss further measures to contain the spread.

National Post

Edited by Ace Spade

So a guy in Arizona heard Trump talking about a miracle cure for Covid 19 and promptly died from drinking fish tank cleaner thinking it contained the same chemical.

https://www.phoenixnewtimes.com/news/covid-19-remedy-touted-by-trump-kills-arizona-man-wife-critical-11460391?fbclid=IwAR3b2kPK25oBgcnCrhMuR1pcQ6NmOgmzv_JFLTihERS-YECqwagTDz8xWXQ

90250321_3693197060767970_11360264132294

• Haha 3

30 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

40 more cases here. 150 something total.

People breaking protocol and spreading it around like mindless rats, shoot them with dye and if they're caught again chuck them in prison. I have to put my bloody life on hold but these idiots don't care. They don't care about life and that time is money.

same here

it's an enevitable fact, one that is a given and one we could have expected and should have considered weeks ago. there is not a sprinkle of intelligence in the vast majority of the population, they're just mindless cattle

26 minutes ago, Dazey said:

So a guy in Arizona heard Trump talking about a miracle cure for Covid 19 and promptly died from drinking fish tank cleaner thinking it contained the same chemical.

https://www.phoenixnewtimes.com/news/covid-19-remedy-touted-by-trump-kills-arizona-man-wife-critical-11460391?fbclid=IwAR3b2kPK25oBgcnCrhMuR1pcQ6NmOgmzv_JFLTihERS-YECqwagTDz8xWXQ

90250321_3693197060767970_11360264132294

How do you make it to your 60s if you're that dumb?

• Like 1

Man alive.  I thought it would be another month before we started to hear this argument but they got to it pretty quickly:

https://www.thedailybeast.com/texas-lt-gov-dan-patrick-says-senior-citizens-willing-to-die-to-save-economy-for-grandkids?ref=home

“Grandparents willing to die to save economy.”

As if this outbreak is only killing grandparents. 

38 minutes ago, downzy said:

Man alive.  I thought it would be another month before we started to hear this argument but they got to it pretty quickly:

https://www.thedailybeast.com/texas-lt-gov-dan-patrick-says-senior-citizens-willing-to-die-to-save-economy-for-grandkids?ref=home

“Grandparents willing to die to save economy.”

As if this outbreak is only killing grandparents. 

From the ‘party of life’ 😕