Covid-19 Thread

adamsapple

49 minutes ago, Dazey said:

So this couple of fat asses got pissed that they were stopped from buying over 500 cans of Mountain Dew. :lol: 

26224616-8136527-image-m-24_158474165292

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/video/news/video-2134772/Couple-furious-buy-21-cases-Mountain-Dew.html

:lol: 

Why are people doing this shit? Do they not have any sense of self-awareness? Like "Maybe we're being complete morons" of course you look like a tool buying 500 cans of Mountain Dew - you'd look like a tool buying 500 cans of anything! See if everyone just bought what they normally buy, there would be no problems. I can't honestly fathom these people's thought processes.

• Like 2

from 1 corinthians:

19 "I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and the cleverness of the clever I will set aside." 20 Where is the wise man? Where is the scribe? Where is the debater of this age? Has not God made foolish the wisdom of the world? 21 For since in the wisdom of God the world through its wisdom did not come to know God, God was well-pleased through the foolishness of the message preached to save those who believe. 22 For indeed Jews ask for signs and Greeks search for wisdom; 23 but we preach Christ crucified, to Jews a stumbling block and to Gentiles foolishness, 24 but to those who are the called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God and the wisdom of God. 25 Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men, and the weakness of God is stronger than men.

26 For consider your calling, brethren, that there were not many wise according to the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble; 27 but God has chosen the foolish things of the world to shame the wise, and God has chosen the weak things of the world to shame the things which are strong, 28 and the base things of the world and the despised God has chosen, the things that are not, so that He may nullify the things that are, 29 so that no man may boast before God.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Gods a proper vindictive cunt :lol:  ‘Think you’re wise do you?  Have a bit of this Corona you slags’ :lol: 

A girl I know shared a post blaming the Coronavirus on God's wrath incurred by gay marriage. :confused:

6 minutes ago, Graeme said:

A girl I know shared a post blaming the Coronavirus on God's wrath incurred by gay marriage. :confused:

I saw one of those whatsapp status updates saying dear world, hows lockdown feel, from Kashmir and Gaza...now I’m Kashmiri by blood and its fucked up whats happening to the lads but fuckin’ hell, being smug about people dying, I don’t quite get how that...I dunno, fuck em, it ain’t work the brainspace tryna figure out how cunts think.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, action said:

from 1 corinthians:

19 "I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and the cleverness of the clever I will set aside." 20 Where is the wise man? Where is the scribe? Where is the debater of this age? Has not God made foolish the wisdom of the world? 21 For since in the wisdom of God the world through its wisdom did not come to know God, God was well-pleased through the foolishness of the message preached to save those who believe. 22 For indeed Jews ask for signs and Greeks search for wisdom; 23 but we preach Christ crucified, to Jews a stumbling block and to Gentiles foolishness, 24 but to those who are the called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God and the wisdom of God. 25 Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men, and the weakness of God is stronger than men.

26 For consider your calling, brethren, that there were not many wise according to the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble; 27 but God has chosen the foolish things of the world to shame the wise, and God has chosen the weak things of the world to shame the things which are strong, 28 and the base things of the world and the despised God has chosen, the things that are not, so that He may nullify the things that are, 29 so that no man may boast before God.

Any god that would type in dark blue on a black background is a cunt and should be ignored. :P:lol: 

Surely even @Gracii Guns can't defend him on this one? :P 

Edited by Dazey
  • Haha 4

6 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

The day I stop worshipping Gods who write in fluorescent pink and orange is the day I walk into the ocean. This is no game.

Unlike Doom: Eternal which is most definitely a game and so far is excellent. :thumbsup: 

2 hours ago, Graeme said:

Why are people doing this shit? Do they not have any sense of self-awareness? Like "Maybe we're being complete morons" of course you look like a tool buying 500 cans of Mountain Dew - you'd look like a tool buying 500 cans of anything! See if everyone just bought what they normally buy, there would be no problems. I can't honestly fathom these people's thought processes.

Yeah. And really, when they really absolutely need 500 cans of that shit (seriously, who drinks that? It's not even that good), why didn't they just go in seperatly and bought seperatly. Nobody would have said anything, although the partnerlook, both in cloths and body type, would give them away. But I guess they would have to have some selfawareness and some sense of what is going on, to be that smart.

While I do believe the numbers coming out of some countries, Russia is not one of them. 

In a country of nearly 150 million people, it’s reporting far fewer cases than nations with a quarter of Russia’s population.

Coincidentally, there are massive number of case of “pneumonia” being reported by many of Russia’s medical experts.

Ultimately I think it’s the nations that are not upfront and transparent that are going to be in the worst positions in a month from now. 

The US now has over 24k cases.  It is fourth in the world for total confirmed cases and sits behind only China, Italy, and Spain.  

Some expect it to have the most confirmed cases in the world sometime by the end of next week.  

52 minutes ago, downzy said:

The US now has over 24k cases.  It is fourth in the world for total confirmed cases and sits behind only China, Italy, and Spain.  

Some expect it to have the most confirmed cases in the world sometime by the end of next week.  

Part of it comes from the fact we’ve actually been testing more, especially NY. 

What’s scary is places such as LA County are no longer going to be regularly testing and are going to be assuming people have it instead.

Considering this has been spreading potentially since January, I’d be surprised if we don’t have over 100,000 cases already.

28 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

Part of it comes from the fact we’ve actually been testing more, especially NY. 

What’s scary is places such as LA County are no longer going to be regularly testing and are going to be assuming people have it instead.

Considering this has been spreading potentially since January, I’d be surprised if we don’t have over 100,000 cases already.

Honestly surprised half of the US population doesnt have it by now like hell a week ago everybody was crowding the stores buying toilet paper. I was talking to my sister on the phone the other but she said she mightve had it back in January she had all the symptoms and was sick for like 10 days, she should've seen a doctor but then again a few months nobody didn't expect it would turn into this.

1 hour ago, downzy said:

I actually took the data recorded for number of cases since March 1st in the US and plotted it by day. I fitted an exponential curve to the current data and extrapolated forward to day 35 and the numbers are terrifying. Obviously those kind of transmission rates can't go on forever as people are taken out of the pool via infection or isolation but basically it goes from 25,000 today to over 1 million in another two weeks at current rates and will overtake China by Thursday. :o 

M2dmFe5.jpg 

Edited by Dazey

38 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

More and more businesses being forced to close in Michigan, with a target date of April 14th to reopen. Personally, I don't think that will happen. I think things will be closed far longer than that. 

My company is closed (we are all working remotely, though) until April 10th (for now). All restaurants and bars in NH (apart from takeout) are closed until April 7th (again, for now). Like you, I think both of those dates will be extended quite significantly.

Edited by rocknroll41
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, Dazey said:

I actually took the data recorded for number of cases since March 1st in the US and plotted it by day. I fitted an exponential curve to the current data and extrapolated forward to day 35 and the numbers are terrifying. Obviously those kind of transmission rates can't go on forever as people are taken out of the pool via infection or isolation but basically it goes from 25,000 today to over 1 million in another two weeks at current rates and will overtake China by Thursday. :o 

M2dmFe5.jpg 

Interesting.  Thanks.

Also, you undertake some weird shit while you’re sick 🤒 

51 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

More and more businesses being forced to close in Michigan, with a target date of April 14th to reopen. Personally, I don't think that will happen. I think things will be closed far longer than that. 

I'm from the Grand Rapids area, go to trade school in Troy Ohio, we got shut down last week friday for atleast 4 weeks. I'm supposed to start back up April 13 dont think that's gonna happen. Anyways Russ your from the Ann Arbor area arnt ya? Cause damn down theres so many cases, stay safe man.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, djones1225 said:

I'm from the Grand Rapids area, go to trade school in Troy Ohio, we got shut down last week friday for atleast 4 weeks. I'm supposed to start back up April 13 dont think that's gonna happen. Anyways Russ your from the Ann Arbor area arnt ya? Cause damn down theres so many cases, stay safe man.

I'm a little further east, but yeah, there's a ton of cases in the area.