Covid-19 Thread

adamsapple

17 minutes ago, Gavin82 said:

UK police could be able too give out fines of an eye watering £980 for people breaking social distancing laws this law comes in too play soon

They should be able to dish out kickings instead. Bollocks to a £30 fine and a stern talking to. Down a back alley, six of the best with a truncheon, a kick in the bollocks with steel toe caps and I'm sure we'd all take a lot more notice. :lol: 

Edited by Dazey

37 minutes ago, Ratam said:

Trump B. Johnson, Bolsonaro, and now Lopez Obrador too seem of the same dumb family....  

While now in China yesterday the cinemas opened again.....😑

Bolsonaro is a very dangerous man, his attitude will get people killed.

I read that drug gangs in Brazil are the ones ordering people to stay in as much as possible, and to keep a safe distance. Providing the slums with soap etc. 

What kind of backwards world is that?

3 hours ago, Coma16 said:

@StayofExecution2020 how many healthy 20-30 year olds died in Italy from COVID-19, and how many are in ICU? You mentioned this in the Milwaukee thread and I'm curious what the numbers are.

dont have the actual numbers, but read several articles that mentioned how covid affected lots of young people badly. not just in italy or germany, also in belgium for example

57 minutes ago, UcudBmine said:

Bolsonaro is a very dangerous man, his attitude will get people killed.

I read that drug gangs in Brazil are the ones ordering people to stay in as much as possible, and to keep a safe distance. Providing the slums with soap etc. 

What kind of backwards world is that?

You need think what fuck was think the people that voted for such idiot...

• Like 1

New Orleans is a mess now too. Not enough hospitals to care for all infected.

Tell me why they still had their Mardi Gras with millions of people on the streets when this virus was out already? I swear sometimes I wonder where people's brains are.

Still say this virus will continue until maybe December. Today a doctor said she wasn't sure when it would taper off and she's not sure if/when it could come back? WFT?

And where the hell are the medical supplies for the doctors/nurses/and hospitals that have too many cases already? Are they being sent by carrier pigeons? These supplies should be shipped out by the fastest planes out there. This is America not a third world nation that depends on other nations to help them. This is nuts.

I'm so annoyed that so many people are continuing to get sick and die and still hospitals don't have the supplies they need. I have 2 cousins in Florida who are nurses and they have been working without masks for weeks now. They both have families and I would hate for them to bring the virus home to their little kids.

This is so bad and we are dropping the ball big time.

Stay well people!

58 minutes ago, Gavin82 said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-wales-52045767

Some official numbers in the link for UK @ 9am today 95,000+ tests & 11,000+ test POSITIVE with that over 570 have past away

Just so sad. I heard Sweden wasn't doing anything about their cases. Is this true? You can never trust what the world news says sometimes and I don't have any friends in Sweden. Anyone know any people from Sweden.

Stay well and safe.

31 minutes ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Just so sad. I heard Sweden wasn't doing anything about their cases. Is this true? You can never trust what the world news says sometimes and I don't have any friends in Sweden. Anyone know any people from Sweden.

Stay well and safe.

Sweden has closed secondary schools and universities, but kindergardens and primary schools are still open. All businesses too. The only other thing they banned is they don't allow +500 people in one place. They also urge people to keep social distance and not organize parties and such, but it's not mandatory, where as in most countries here you can get fined for just walking around outside with two other people who are not part of your household.

They want to wait as long as possible before lockdowns or stay at home or whatever you call it, because they feel like people won't be able to keep it up for very long. As far as I can see, lots of people in Sweden oppose too, but the government follows this scientist's views and recommendations :shrugs: They are however putting up extra hospital beds and such too to be able to handle it. So it's not that they aren't doing anything, or that they think it's not a serious issue, but they just have this approach that's completely different than most.

8 minutes ago, Gavin82 said:

Trump on all news stations telling everyone not too worry 3wks time it will all be forgotten about......!!!!!!

What horrible human being he is! I can't believe all the bullshit the guy keeps saying. Is there anyone in the WH who can tell Trump to take this seriously once a for all?

Yesterday i'm listened an interview to Argentinian nurse, him live and work in Milano for 12 years, and says health system is totally collapsed. Some rooms of surgery are used like morgue.

He says that Covid isn't affect people over  + 65 years old like when it covid start. Now have people 40 or 50 years old too without previous pathology, absolutelly sane people. The hospital had cases of 17 and 23 years old people. He work with two par of gloves.

1 hour ago, Gavin82 said:

Trump on all news stations telling everyone not too worry 3wks time it will all be forgotten about......!!!!!!

Holy shit, did he say that? I don't keep up with anything he says at all. There's absolutely zero chance this goes away within 3 weeks. 

23 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Holy shit, did he say that? I don't keep up with anything he says at all. There's absolutely zero chance this goes away within 3 weeks. 

Bill Gates says it's going to take a serious 6 to 8 week shutdown to truly move past it.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/alexandrasternlicht/2020/03/24/bill-gates-on-covid-19-best-case-scenario-is-6-to-10-weeks-of-total-isolation-in-us/#660c5dec740e

So I guess the question is do you believe Gates or Trump? 

On February 12th, China announced it confirmed 14,108 cases; the most it confirmed in a single day.

Today, the US will have confirmed over 17,000 cases in one day. 

Some good news is that it looks like the state of Washington is starting to flatten its curve.  

New York is blowing up right now.  But apparently the next hot spots will be New Jersey and Louisiana.  

Also, for those interested in seeing how different countries and US states are fairing, check out this site:

http://91-divoc.com/pages/covid-visualization/?fbclid=IwAR2v4QcElNA2dcEdAR2jS4f1D4aWICqfIY8KfT0Cz7ElolHuBbbn-1rtpKU

Be sure to change the chart to linear scale.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, downzy said:

Bill Gates says it's going to take a serious 6 to 8 week shutdown to truly move past it.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/alexandrasternlicht/2020/03/24/bill-gates-on-covid-19-best-case-scenario-is-6-to-10-weeks-of-total-isolation-in-us/#660c5dec740e

So I guess the question is do you believe Gates or Trump? 

I'm going to go against the grain here and believe Gates over Trump. But just this once. Lol

• Haha 2