UYI boxset will be released 11/11/22. In Slash We Trust. * Now available *

6 minutes ago, axlvai said:

Of course audio only.... what i was thinkin.

Fuck!!!

3 hours ago, Blackstar said:

I see that was in response to a post by Guns N' Roses Sudamérica facebook page. The post paraphrased what Slash said and put it in quotes (making it look like it was an exact transcript from the interview) , so I guess Andy Burns had to clarify it and post the actual quote. It doesn't mean it's audio only.

Edited by Rovim

On 12/13/2021 at 1:58 PM, El Guapo said:

I'm confident they'll find a way to make this disappointing and overpriced, as usual. 

I held out last time. I bought the remastered LP separate and then got the CD/Blu Ray audio box set for only $50 on their site. No way I'd pay for that AFD safe thing, but no offense to anyone that did. To each their own!

Imagine this shit really comes out. Blu-Ray quality Las Vegas 1/25/1992, Ritz 5/15/1991, Great Western Forum (the last night where they played Locomotive, Dead Horse and all those other deep cuts), and more.

Finally that Las Vegas show is exposed and we find out the setlist. Come to find out that they played Coma & The Garden live that night and we get the pro-shot/remastered of each. Bonus points for Slash wearing orange pants. And a black t-shirt that says "STARE". 

• Like 1

A live blu-ray might be interesting, but I dont see how to be very excited over this. Where does this put the re-recordings of the Chinese sessions material - That s what I want and thought we had a good start with Absurd and Hard School.

Do people on here think that all we get is a re-released UYI or will they continue to drop new singles/EPs in addition to this release?

On 12/14/2021 at 12:13 AM, GoForJMark said:

I wish it had a DVD of '91 at the LA Forum.

The Best Setlist of UYI Tour, my Holy Grail. :axl92::slash::duff:
1. Perfect Crime

2. Mr. Brownstone

3. Right Next Door to Hell 

4. Bad Obsession 

5. Live and Let Die

6. It`s So Easy

7. Yesterdays

8. Dust N` Bones

9. Double Talkin Jive

10. Civil War

11. Patience

12. You Could Be Mine

13. November Rain

14. My Michelle

15. 14 Years

16. Nightrain

17. Welcome To The Jungle

18. Matt Sorum Drum Solo

19. Slash Guitar Solo (Godfather Theme)

20. Pretty Tied Up

21. Rocket Queen

22. Dont Cry (with Shannon Hoon)

23. Knockin` on Heavens Door

Encore

24. You Ain`t the First (with Shannon Hoon)

25. Used to Love Her

26. Move to the City

27. Sweet Child O` Mine

28. You`re Crazy (with Sebastian Bach)

29. Locomotive

30. Out Ta Get Me

31. Dead Horse

Encore 2

32. Estranged

33. Paradise City

• Like 3
  • Wow 1

Just now, betterman said:

A live blu-ray might be interesting, but I dont see how to be very excited over this. Where does this put the re-recordings of the Chinese sessions material - That s what I want and thought we had a good start with Absurd and Hard School.

Do people on here think that all we get is a re-released UYI or will they continue to drop new singles/EPs in addition to this release?

My take on it is that there isn't anything else coming next year, maybe ever. 

I'm so cynical at the band's ability to deliver though that until a release date is set I'm not even expecting a UYI reissue! Fool me once etc. etc. 

8 minutes ago, darkside259 said:

it can t be audio only for god sake, it can t be that way just take it easy people

Even the $1000 AFD Locked N Loaded boxset didn't come with any video content beyond a few music videos, so it's entirely possible that we wont get any gigs in Blu Ray/DVD on the UYI boxset.

Edited by jackparker123
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, jackparker123 said:

Even the $1000 AFD Locked N Loaded boxset didn't come with any video content beyond a few music videos, so it's entirely possible that we wont get any gigs in Blu Ray/DVD on the UYI boxset.

yeah dude but they didin t say anything about a "couple of shows" like now, so relax

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jamillos said:

Neither of the alternatives is logically implied to such a degree there couldn't be any doubts about it. I.e. it could be either. 

yeah i know but two shows only in audio? from the most recorder show maybe ever from guns, ritz was filmed for a official video, mtv even film that show, why they gonna chose ritz 91 if its not for video? i mean it does tn make much sense 

22 minutes ago, darkside259 said:

yeah i know but two shows only in audio? from the most recorder show maybe ever from guns, ritz was filmed for a official video, mtv even film that show, why they gonna chose ritz 91 if its not for video? i mean it does tn make much sense 

There may be good sound, for example. In any case, this sentence of yours: "it doesn't make much sense" ... it means you must be new in the GNR world, no? :DD 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Nintari said:

If it's live as in, live audio... please don't let Axl and Slash overdub it to hell like Live Era. Please leave it as is and let us hear the actual band playing live.

Please...

That's exactly my worry. I'm fine with it being audio only as long as it's not over dubbed to hell. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

I almost expect the box to look like this and cost $1500.

5d38481fa62ddc0a89ea3c6f-large.jpg?cache

"The packaging is really high quality. It's really, really cool. The wheels even move."

-Slash (probably)

They can take a page from that Gene Simmons vault and sell a deluxe package for $50 000 in which Fernando drives it to your house personally in a true GNR semi!

• GNFNR 1
  • Haha 1

It's Vegas 92 not 89.

If I'm not mistaken Rocket Queen and Paradise City from Liver Era are from this concert.

Also Ritz '91? There are plenty of footage from the warm-up concerts.

Give us something more interisting like THE FORUM concert that lasted for almost 4 hours when they released the UYI records.

Can wait for a Locomotive (Demo Version), Crash Diet reworked (w/ a lyric video like SOL), Just Another Sunday, Too Much Too Soon, Beer and a Cigarette and Bring it Back Home.

But this is GNR so we will have Ain't Going Down (again) and 17 different versions of KOHD.

1 hour ago, youngswedishvinyl said:

Like I said earlier they've recently posted videos on Youtube of pro-shot UYI Tour footage so that leads me to belive there will be video on the box set, why would they otherwise go through the video archives instead of the audio archive?

Who knows with them. I do question whether they have full multitracks that can be properly mixed or just the live mix from the board for the majority of those shows. It would still be great to hear either way 

Just now, darkside259 said:

When has anything GNR have done ever made sense?