UYI boxset will be released 11/11/22. In Slash We Trust. * Now available *

How is the 63 tracks a lie? Can someone point to where I can find official versions of the full live shows that have not been overdubbed to the point it is a studio recording? Or where I can find official versions of the other London, Rio, and Paris tracks?  Since people are claiming they have been released before, I would love to get them.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, UncleJosh said:

How is the 63 tracks a lie? Can someone point to where I can find official versions of the full live shows that have not been overdubbed to the point it is a studio recording? Or where I can find official versions of the other London, Rio, and Paris tracks?  Since people are claiming they have been released before, I would love to get them.

True. 

Pearl Jam announces every live bootleg release with "26 new unreleased tracks!" 

Neil Young does too, with his many archival live releases. All those unreleased tracks.

Edited by Spiritual_Chaos
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

I know a good tip to save money in about 3 months- don't buy this and then buy it for half the price. 

Sure!! Its good too. I try to say... complaints complaints complaints.

When you go on a vacation you can wait for the 50% off or go on when u want it.

9 minutes ago, axlvai said:

Sure!! Its good too. I try to say... complaints complaints complaints.

When you go on a vacation you can wait for the 50% off or go on when u want it.

What a weird comparison. 

Hey, if you want to pay it, go right ahead. I'd favour booking a holiday at half price too, but that's the sort of wild animal I am! 

NB. It's $37.50 per disc. Excluding the other bits of course. So let's be generous and say it's $35 a disc. Bargain! 

26 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

What a weird comparison. 

Hey, if you want to pay it, go right ahead. I'd favour booking a holiday at half price too, but that's the sort of wild animal I am! 

NB. It's $37.50 per disc. Excluding the other bits of course. So let's be generous and say it's $35 a disc. Bargain! 

And what's an average new CD go for these days, about $12? So if we do the math we'd be at $84 for seven CDs, plus say another $25 for the Blu-ray brings us to $109. Now that's a price I'd pay!

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

4 hours ago, Blackstar said:

Just two theories (it's the only thing we can do, since there is no information):

1) Axl doesn't want to revisit the making of these albums because it brings up painful memories (since it was the beginning of the band's demise). Same with the making of the videos and the tour.

2) They don't have the source tapes of many of those demos/alt takes anymore (as far-fetched as that may sound, it's plausible) and they didn't think it was worth it to track down people who have them or deal with some of them. And, regarding the rough mixes Slash talked about in his book, I have some doubts about their existence, because, as evident from other examples, Slash misremembers a lot about the recordings - and moreover some of the rough mixes that have circulated and date from when it's known that the band started recording the basic tracks already have piano.

Maybe that's why there aren't any 1993 tracks? They didn't want to revisit that year?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Spiritual_Chaos said:

True. 

Pearl Jam announces every live bootleg release with "26 new unreleased tracks!" 

Neil Young does too, with his many archival live releases. All those unreleased tracks.

This reminds me of Lost Dogs by them which was a pretty good compilation of most of their B-Sides up to 2003. It still didn't include everything (Brother w/vocals, some of their Ten Club singles) but it included a lot.

• Like 1

I do wonder if this release was set to be better, then relationships broke down, permissions were withheld, and the release went ahead anyway, with what material they had? 

The refusal of the Steven Wilson remix can't have gone down well- he must have been paid to do it, so for it to then be not used can't have made the label happy. 

6 minutes ago, mystery said:

This reminds me of Lost Dogs by them which was a pretty good compilation of most of their B-Sides up to 2003. It still didn't include everything (Brother w/vocals, some of their Ten Club singles) but it included a lot.

Plus, they don't advertise their bootlegs like this.

16 hours ago, nycgunner said:

Am I reading this right?  The $260 super deluxe CD version does NOT have the live songs on the basic deluxe CD versions of UYI 1 and 2?   For example, Mama Kin in Paris with Steven and Joe isn’t listed on the $260 verison

apologies if I am just missing it 

I’ve read this elsewhere, and yeah, you’re right. Apparently, if you want EVERYTHING you have to get a deluxe set and the CD versions. 

2 hours ago, UncleJosh said:

Most assume unreleased means unheard material but anyone who is a fan of this band knows damn well that they do not have 63 unreleased tracks :lol: 

• Like 4

On 9/20/2022 at 1:28 AM, AxlRQ93 said:

Two things are interesting though, the use of wah wah pedal. Also, how little Izzy plays. I love Izzy a ton but it’s really clear he mentally left the band a long time before he actually quit. There’s none of the twin guitar attack of AFD :/ 

Would pay the cost of 6 AFD deluxe boxes if i'm proved wrong but i am quite positive Izzy' s performance was stellar and enthusiastic on rehearsal context. Covers ( future TSI material), jamming, testing new ideas. Or even taking Axl duties as a vocalist (i.e. Robert John's Greece footage) during 1989/1990/1991. 

That is boxset worth material.

17 minutes ago, -W.A.R- said:

Most assume unreleased means unheard material but anyone who is a fan of this band knows damn well that they do not have 63 unreleased tracks :lol: 

Yeah I was being a little facetious.  I just wish people would stop lying and keep spreading misinformation that these are NOT unreleased tracks when they are. They have never been released officially in these versions before.  Bootlegs do not count.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, UncleJosh said:

Yeah I was being a little facetious.  I just wish people would stop lying and keep spreading misinformation that these are NOT unreleased tracks when they are. They have never been released officially in these versions before.  Bootlegs do not count.

Yeah, we didn't even know the complete setlist they played in Las Vegas concert 1992. And also I don't think there's an excuse for not releasing more video concerts from 1991-1993, have you seen the Live and let die and Dead Horse music videos? The quality is good. Las Vegas should have been released on DVD or Blu ray too, instead of just being audio. 

• Like 4