UYI boxset will be released 11/11/22. In Slash We Trust. * Now available *

5 hours ago, eggers said:

I’m pretty sure I’ve seen this video back in the 90s but with the album version as audio. I had a version on vhs that had no T2 footage and I think it’s the same. 

no it's not. I have the alternative version on a bootleg. It has alot of scenes of the YCBM performances (Axl's purple jacket, Slash red mockingbird). It's on YouTube too

7 minutes ago, t-p-d-a said:

no.. all scenes are from Ritz. I have the audience bootleg.

Axl starts with USA pants and leather jacket for Pretty Tied Up, He wore USA pants and no shirt for 4 songs. He changed his clothes during Dust N' Bones with new white / red pants and the "Civil War" USA jacket. He wore the "t shirt YCBM Tokyo '92" and the white / red pants during Live And Let Die. For Paradise City and Civil War he wore only the pants.
After the drum solo he wore white shorts, puple jacket (underneath the weird black fishing net) and bandana for You Could Be Mine. During Patience he took the purple jacket off and wore only the ugly black fishing net. In Knockin' On Heaven's Door he wore fishing net and black cowboy hat. For 3 songs he only wore a white short. At the beginning of Don't Cry Axl has a never seen before white jacket.
During Estranged Axl has a white / black pants with a a white muscle shirt and round sun glasses.
In Double Talking Jive he wore that ugly "Rocket Queen St. Louis black feather thing"... After that he has only the white / black pants

Slash wore black leather jacket and leather chaps (underneath the blue jeans) with hat on Pretty Tied Up (like in Rock In Rio '91) He wore the jacket for only 2 songs... After Matts Drum Solo, Slash took his chaps off and has only the jeans

sry for bad english. I'm german

Thanks for convincingly clearing that up, there was beginning to be quite a bit of confusion regarding footage used from other shows.

1 hour ago, t-p-d-a said:

at least one who is happy ^^

me too. Because first half 1991 is my favourite GN'R era and my favourite Line Up. Love Matt and Dizzy. GN'R need a keyboard!

Ritz 91 is a good choice. Unique Setlist. No Paradise City as closer. Shannen Hoon as guest. No huge stage (i prefer small venues for home releases), great outfits for Axl (don't like the shorts) and concert feels dirty. I already watched the gig via bootleg, filmed from the audience... some errors and fails but that
's Rock N' Roll

Same here !

3 hours ago, WillBailey said:

Wow. Saw the video last night. I'm a big fan of 1991, my favorite GN'R era (before the big UYI tour). Raw, crazy, unexpected, rock n' "f'n" roll.

Give me a boxset with a selection of complete shows on Blu-ray from East Troy, WI to Wembley, UK from 1991, throw in a couple warm up gigs for good measure and take my money. Dont really care about demos, documentary or whatever. Complete shows from 1991 are the Holy "f'n" Grail and this YCBM captures that.

Of course quality wouldnt be as good as The Ritz because not on film but still better than nothing.

58 minutes ago, t-p-d-a said:

no.. all scenes are from Ritz. I have the audience bootleg.

Axl starts with USA pants and leather jacket for Pretty Tied Up, He wore USA pants and no shirt for 4 songs. He changed his clothes during Dust N' Bones with new white / red pants and the "Civil War" USA jacket. He wore the "t shirt YCBM Tokyo '92" and the white / red pants during Live And Let Die. For Paradise City and Civil War he wore only the pants.
After the drum solo he wore white shorts, puple jacket (underneath the weird black fishing net) and bandana for You Could Be Mine. During Patience he took the purple jacket off and wore only the ugly black fishing net. In Knockin' On Heaven's Door he wore fishing net and black cowboy hat. For 3 songs he only wore a white short. At the beginning of Don't Cry Axl has a never seen before white jacket.
During Estranged Axl has a white / black pants with a a white muscle shirt and round sun glasses.
In Double Talking Jive he wore that ugly "Rocket Queen St. Louis black feather thing"... After that he has only the white / black pants

Slash wore black leather jacket and leather chaps (underneath the blue jeans) with hat on Pretty Tied Up (like in Rock In Rio '91) He wore the jacket for only 2 songs... After Matts Drum Solo, Slash took his chaps off and has only the jeans

sry for bad english. I'm german

You're right, I must've missed the jacket in Dust N' Bones! That makes a lot more sense and goes with my initial gut feeling about this. Thank you for the in depth analysis! :lol:

4 hours ago, jemile said:

Yes, but Slash should have repeated immediately so they could play the full intro 😉 was not Izzy’s fuckup to begin with

Can imagine Izzy thinking that his ”in need of a stiff fucking drink” lead guitarist should have realized his mistake, and also being generally frustrated that he’s been muted

Always been fascinated by Slash’s guitar tone from the 91 tour. It’s as if Adam Day realized that he needed to totally overboost him to hide the drunken playing 😂

Cool times though, honest

Overboosting is not gonna hide anything

54 minutes ago, Freightrain said:

Overboosting is not gonna hide anything

It’s gonna hide dead notes and it’s the reason why most listeners would assume Izzy messed up first. His tone is so fat that he changes the intro and no one notices 😃

7 hours ago, jemile said:

Yes, but Slash should have repeated immediately so they could play the full intro 😉 was not Izzy’s fuckup to begin with

Can imagine Izzy thinking that his ”in need of a stiff fucking drink” lead guitarist should have realized his mistake, and also being generally frustrated that he’s been muted

Always been fascinated by Slash’s guitar tone from the 91 tour. It’s as if Adam Day realized that he needed to totally overboost him to hide the drunken playing 😂

Cool times though, honest

Slash sounded like "I'm taking control of the situation, everybody follow my lead" and sometimes you have to do that but in this case he basically left Izzy out in the cold. Should have went over to him and used some old fashioned eye contact to glue it together. 

I think it demonstrates Slash's perception of his role Vs Izzy's role in the band. I don't think he really got that Izzy's feel was a lot of the sound of the band. Think there was a certain level of respect though, or at least there was before the UYI tour.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Tom2112 said:

Slash sounded like "I'm taking control of the situation, everybody follow my lead" and sometimes you have to do that but in this case he basically left Izzy out in the cold. Should have went over to him and used some old fashioned eye contact to glue it together. 

I think it demonstrates Slash's perception of his role Vs Izzy's role in the band. I don't think he really got that Izzy's feel was a lot of the sound of the band. Think there was a certain level of respect though, or at least there was before the UYI tour.

That was funny! Thanks!

10 hours ago, t-p-d-a said:

at least one who is happy ^^

me too. Because first half 1991 is my favourite GN'R era and my favourite Line Up. Love Matt and Dizzy. GN'R need a keyboard!

Ritz 91 is a good choice. Unique Setlist. No Paradise City as closer. Shannen Hoon as guest. No huge stage (i prefer small venues for home releases), great outfits for Axl (don't like the shorts) and concert feels dirty. I already watched the gig via bootleg, filmed from the audience... some errors and fails but that
's Rock N' Roll

At the end of the day it's really cool to have HD footage of Guns N' Roses who while not in their 80's prime were starting probably their biggest era culturally. Like they make way more money today but the UYI tours kind of cemented their status in rock history.

• Like 2

The way they took 1991 camera footage and remastered it to look like it was filmed last week was impressive. An HD version of the 1988 Ritz would be sick AF.

BTW I'm glad they kept that clip of Matt Sorum drumming while having a disturbed look on his face while staring into the audience. It's almost as if he spotted a large male in a leather jacket and  sunglasses, walking through the crowd wielding a shotgun.

Edited by Carne_asaDA
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Carne_asaDA said:

The way they took 1991 camera footage and remastered it to look like it was filmed last week was impressive. An HD version of the 1988 Ritz would be sick AF.

BTW I'm glad they kept that clip of Matt Sorum drumming while having a disturbed look on his face while staring into the audience. It's almost as if he spotted a large male in a leather jacket and  sunglasses, wielding a shotgun walking through the crowd. 

The reason for this is because it was shot on film. This is probably one of the few instances of it by the band since it's fairly expensive and wouldn't have been feasible then for a whole tour and before the advent of digital recording that could record in high resolutions.

My favorite example of what you said is the Last Dance documentary of the 1998 Chicago Bulls. They filmed a bunch of footage for that originally for an IMAX movie called Michael Jordan to the Max which came out in 2000. They dug out a lot of unused footage for the 2020 documentary and it's amazing how stuff from 1998 looks like it happened recently. 

4 minutes ago, mystery said:

The reason for this is because it was shot on film. This is probably one of the few instances of it by the band since it's fairly expensive and wouldn't have been feasible then for a whole tour and before the advent of digital recording that could record in high resolutions.

My favorite example of what you said is the Last Dance documentary of the 1998 Chicago Bulls. They filmed a bunch of footage for that originally for an IMAX movie called Michael Jordan to the Max which came out in 2000. They dug out a lot of unused footage for the 2020 documentary and it's amazing how stuff from 1998 looks like it happened recently. 

When I watched The Last Dance, one of the first thoughts I had was, if GnR ever releases a documentary on the UYI Tour, it would be cool if it's released just like THIS.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Carne_asaDA said:

When I watched The Last Dance, one of the first thoughts I had was, if GnR ever releases a documentary on the UYI Tour, it would be cool if it's released just like THIS.

They supposedly have a bunch of footage from the tour both on-stage and behind the scenes for a documentary called the Perfect Crime that got scrapped. Revisiting that maybe when the band ever calls it a day would be a must watch.

I am in the minority I know but I don't have much interest in a documentary. I am just interested in music content personally.  I used to like them when I was a kid but now I just can't be bothered to care. At the end of the day, I just want to listen to the music, preferably in live form.  All that behind the scenes stuff bores me now.

• Like 1