Russia Invades Ukraine

Gibson87

1 minute ago, Stay.Of.Execution said:

Problem with cancelling Russia from swift is, that it will affect the Russian population probably worse than the regime itself. I feel the call for swift is more of a symbolic gesture people call for, but it might not be the most effective. Despite, Putin already found ways to regulate his financances without swift anyway

that is correct, they already must have expected this and planned in advance with other "friends" of theirs.

26 minutes ago, zombux said:

correct.

meanwhile the invader horde is already threatening Finland and Sweden with military action.

Well, now would be a pretty interesting time for Sweden and Finland to join nato, pretty sure you'd see Putin threatening with nukes if that were to happen. Seeing as a good chunk of russia's army is busy somewhere else. 

Germany reportedly would consider cutting off the horde from SWIFT, but "first they need to count how much would it cost them and that the cost wouldn't be so high".

FUCKING CUNTS!!!

meanwhile, Ukraine is slowly being murdered and idiot western politicians only care about what to do to not make Putler angry.

• Sad 1

7 minutes ago, zombux said:

Germany reportedly would consider cutting off the horde from SWIFT, but "first they need to count how much would it cost them and that the cost wouldn't be so high".

FUCKING CUNTS!!!

meanwhile, Ukraine is slowly being murdered and idiot western politicians only care about what to do to not make Putler angry.

More than just that it's about their own seat of power. Unhappy electorate means they risk being booted.

23 minutes ago, zombux said:

FUCKING CUNTS!!!

You do realize they rely on Russian gas. Do you expect them to have their own people freeze over Winter? C'mon people, you can't just die (literally!) on your principles all the time.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

I have a huge amount of love and respect for Zelensky. He is an honourable hero. His family and country must be so proud. I'm not embarrassed to admit he's brought tears to my eyes.

same here. I'm usually not expressing many emotions, but in last two days I'm shaking like a leaf.

and I think it's very similar with everyone from the former "eastern bloc" countries, which suffered russian invasions in the past already and they know how it works and that the west let us bleed everytime. Poland got invaded and its people massacred by good friends Germany and Russia together. Baltic states got invaded and their citizens got murdered or expulsed to gulags. even damn Hungary (I say damn because their leader Orbán has been Putler's big friend, not sure how it is now) got invaded and occupied by those bastards so they know very well. our own country got invaded and our nation's spine got broken.

the west has no idea. they would sacrifice us for a bit of comfort. and by "they" I certainly DON'T mean the US and particularly the UK, because those countries still show some balls and spine. but most of western EU so far showed just worries for their comfort in the face of aggression, because fuck some east european shitholes, right? 

what a shame AGAIN.

I hope the leadership of Ukraine is and will stay safe, because the invading scum will for sure try to destroy it with a precision strike, possibly using Chechen commandos. but Ukraine needs them in order to keep resisting.

but those guys have more balls than european leaders ever showed in many many decades.

God bless Ukraine and its people and fuck Putler! I hope he and his criminal partners will burn in hell for this.

A few paywall articles for anyone who wants to read them. Share token lasts 24hrs.

‘If we don’t fight the Russian invasion, we’ll lose everything’

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/07791086-9673-11ec-bcf4-9dde9b8243da?shareToken=121134f3b8989958b7ac0558a2a1e669

Boris Johnson isolated in plea for tougher western sanctions

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/a1b5a78a-9665-11ec-9aec-82f0032d4cd3?shareToken=997291b6afe2c3e2ee01f645238878fe

Mikhail Khodorkovsky: ‘I thought Putin was a new type of leader but he’s a madman’

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/17904786-9651-11ec-bcf4-9dde9b8243da?shareToken=49c1d8851f66f6db380dd8aca87a6bdc

Overconfident Putin may be dragged into unwinnable war

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/0691641a-965b-11ec-9aec-82f0032d4cd3?shareToken=768670f283a205e2d990e09aea449e3d

The Kremlin always falls prey to pride and paranoia

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/ce955438-9658-11ec-9aec-82f0032d4cd3?shareToken=7da6ef10d56c6334e283aa5eca21ab54

The Times view on sanctions against Putin: Punishing The New Tsar

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/e41386d0-95b4-11ec-9aec-82f0032d4cd3?shareToken=d3fd26ce8b9f5b0354b50abd8641ab67

• Like 1

3 hours ago, grouse said:

Well, now would be a pretty interesting time for Sweden and Finland to join nato, pretty sure you'd see Putin threatening with nukes if that were to happen. Seeing as a good chunk of russia's army is busy somewhere else. 

I'd really like some feedback on this one, just out of sheer curiousity :)

4 minutes ago, zombux said:

Kyiv today after russian bombardment and rocket shelling.

FMgPODWXIAEoq16.jpg

Obvious military target as usual... "He sent troops to ensure peace and order to people and to ensure sadety for Russia "

How is there anyone buying this shit? And there are many unfortunately...

9 minutes ago, -Jaro- said:

Obvious military target as usual... "He sent troops to ensure peace and order to people and to ensure sadety for Russia "

How is there anyone buying this shit? And there are many unfortunately...

anyone trying to even remotely acknowledge what that criminal is doing, should go fuck himself.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Basic_GnR_Fan said:

You do realize they rely on Russian gas. Do you expect them to have their own people freeze over Winter? C'mon people, you can't just die (literally!) on your principles all the time.

German reliance on Russian gas is their CHOICE, not necessity. (by "their" I mean the politicians, not average folk in Germany). Pushing for Nord Stream, shutting down all nuclear plants (that provided them with energetic independence) and now even trying on the EU forum to push for gas to be classified as "clean energy" - that all paints a very clear picture. Not to mention positions in russian gas companies for german politicians...

A UN resolution against the russian attack was vetoed by Russia (who would’ve thought…)

The whole organization is completely  dysfunctional as long as dictatorships like Russia have a right to veto (which was given to them after WW2 when the world was quite different from what it is now)