Russia Invades Ukraine

Gibson87

13 minutes ago, moreblack said:

May be an image of text that says 'Kelly Aizicowitz @KellyAizicowitz This is a freedom convoy. ABC News @ABC 6h People attend an anti-war protest in Saint Petersburg, Russia, amid Vladimir Putin' S invasion of Ukraine. LIVE UPDATES: abcn.ws/3sdae4p 3sdae4p 6:23 PM 2022-02-24 ArtonVaganoviReutery Anton Twitter for iPhone 1,807 Retweets 43 Quote Tweets 9,744 Likes'

And yet, they can protest, whereas protesters in Canada get ran over by the police. As always, double standards. If Russia or China invade, it’s baaaddd! If the west does it, it’s gooooood! It is in the name of democracy. Oh, and if the USA is so against invading their neighbors they should give back the land they stole from Mexico. Even if it happened long ago it is never too late.

• Haha 1

:o:o:o

In June 2005, during a US business delegation visit to St Petersburg, President Putin noticed a diamond Super Bowl ring that Robert Kraft, owner of New England Patriots football team, was wearing. He asked to see it, tried it on, and said: “I could kill someone with this.” He then, allegedly, put it in his pocket and abruptly left the room.

Three months later, while visiting the Guggenheim Museum in New York, the curators took an exhibition piece — a glass replica of a Kalashnikov gun filled with vodka — from a display case. According to his biographer, Masha Gessen, Putin nodded to one of his guards, who simply reached over and pocketed the piece.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/a44c8b24-9707-11ec-bcb9-65f2c5c7f961?shareToken=ed5ab4c19d7b196756397c46c5c7d6b8

• Wow 1

Dont rule out Ukrainians. They have large army of people (44 mil) who can defende country. For now it is Russian dominance, yes, but as time goes and first shock wave ends ressistance will be much more stronger.

However, I dont like American gouverment influence in this issue. Offcourse, Putin will not allow Ukraine in NATO. If you remember how they reacted in Cuban missile crisis. 

What I wanna see actually is much more determined and independent EU in decisioning. It is on Europe to stop any bullying from anyone.

48 minutes ago, 31illusions said:

Ukraine should just surrender. Are they really going to win over Russia while the US and other nations sit back and do nothing? It's futile. Yes it's wrong, but no one is helping them. Just Let it go. It was over before it began.

Oh look, a Trump supporter telling others when to quit and give up. Classic!

You would have made a fine advisor to George Washington at the beginning of America’s war for independence. 

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, downzy said:

Oh look, a Trump supporter telling others when to quit and give up. Classic!

You would have made a fine advisor to George Washington at the beginning of America’s war for independence. 

While it is honourable, that doesn't mean it's not useless. They're just delaying the inevitable. I for one don't believe Putin would want to install a puppet government, he's way too smart for that, that would never fucking work and he knows it, so if the Ukrainien military did a coup the whole thing really would be over sooner, because the leadership of Ukraine is what Putins main motivator is.

52 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

While it is honourable, that doesn't mean it's not useless. They're just delaying the inevitable. I for one don't believe Putin would want to install a puppet government, he's way too smart for that, that would never fucking work and he knows it, so if the Ukrainien military did a coup the whole thing really would be over sooner, because the leadership of Ukraine is what Putins main motivator is.

The chances of the Ukrainian army doing a coup are looking like slim to none at the moment, don't think Putin would launch an invasion on the basis of a sovereign nations army doing a coup for him to ultimately get what he wants. That would be extremely foolish in my opinion. 

The thing with this whole conflict is I just don't see Putin's endgame. I mean a puppet regime is obviously not going to work because the Ukrainians want none of that so the other option for russia is to occupy the Ukrain however Russia doesnt have the manpower nor the economy to sustain an occupation of a country the size of Ukrain. So what options are left on the table? This could quickly turn into an Afganhistan/Vietnam type situation and we all know how that usually ends.   

Edited by grouse