• If the World
    • There Was a Time
    • Catcher in the Rye
    • Sorry
    • I.R.S.
    • This I Love
    • Prostitute

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/21/2022 at 06:00 AM

Oh, sweet salvation!

Riad N' the Bedouins....is gone!

Which song will be next to go?

Round 1 - Scraped
Round 2 - Riad N' the Bedouins
Round 3 - ???
Round 4 - ???
Round 5 - ???
Round 6 - ???
Round 7 - ???
Round 8 - ???
Round 9 - ???
Round 10 - ???
Round 11 - ???
Round 12 - ???
Round 13 - ???
Round 14 - ???

HOW IT WORKS: Each round, you vote for your LEAST FAVORITE of the options. The option with the most votes gets eliminated in the next round, and so on, until only one song remains.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, alfierose said:

ITW this time. Tomorrow it gets more difficult for me if that song goes because I like all the rest - I just don't know in what order! :lol:

Right? I know TWAT, Better and Madagascar are favourites of mine but the rest... Damn 

• Like 1

Around 2006, I was of the belief that Catcher In The Rye was my favourite GNR song. The version that appeared on the album has none of the charm that the demo had and as much as I love Ron Thal's talents on a guitar, his contributions diminished my enjoyment of the song. I reckon it'll be my next vote when ITW eventually drops off. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Dean said:

Around 2006, I was of the belief that Catcher In The Rye was my favourite GNR song. The version that appeared on the album has none of the charm that the demo had and as much as I love Ron Thal's talents on a guitar, his contributions diminished my enjoyment of the song.

I totally agree.

• GNFNR 1

Tough choices from here on out. But for now CITR was the obvious one, so far I agree with the order and if CITR goes next that'd be great too. 

Shacklers Revenge is also completely underrated, great song with probably the standout / most memorable solo on the record beside TWAT. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dean said:

Around 2006, I was of the belief that Catcher In The Rye was my favourite GNR song. The version that appeared on the album has none of the charm that the demo had and as much as I love Ron Thal's talents on a guitar, his contributions diminished my enjoyment of the song. I reckon it'll be my next vote when ITW eventually drops off. 

I'm voting Street of Dreams for the same reason. The RM1 version is one of my favorite GNR songs period while the album version is just completely butchered in comparison

11 minutes ago, LlamaRenegade said:

I'm voting Street of Dreams for the same reason. The RM1 version is one of my favorite GNR songs period while the album version is just completely butchered in comparison

How can you swing that far with a song that is basically the same? this is a prime example of how crazy GNR fans can be. The RIR 01 version of Street of Dreams and the final finished version of Street of Dreams are about 95% similar...🤣

36 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

How can you swing that far with a song that is basically the same? this is a prime example of how crazy GNR fans can be. The RIR 01 version of Street of Dreams and the final finished version of Street of Dreams are about 95% similar...🤣

Agree to disagree. An arrangement can make or break a song in my opinion, You're Crazy on Appetite vs Lies is another good example.

As someone who heard all the album versions of Chinese Democracy songs before any of the demos or prior live performances, Street of Dreams is a song that never did anything for me until I listened to the Village demos. The album version lacks the balls that The Blues has and the production is pretty cringy.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, LlamaRenegade said:

Rock In Rio III is the definitive version to my ears and I loved the guitar driven intro to the extent I spent a good 8/9 years listening to @Voodoochild's overdubs to the studio track which replicated the early live versions, but after hearing the Village discs, it sort of sounds dated to my ears and not how I imagined it would be (probably due to the guitars not being as prominent as it's not a finished mix?), so I actually think it was probably correct to strip it back slightly (while they added shitloads more acoustic guitars and layers :lol:). Great fucking song and it's a travesty it's not been played live in 10 years!!!

I think the biggest issue for me is the title track (which I love), but in my mind the version that is on RM01 should have been the way to go, with the additional solo at the end. I love the energy. Less is more, in some cases.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

If The World has always been underrated, it's a fun song with good vocals and a good solo.

This I Love deserves to go next. It's great instrumentally, and Axl sounded great on it in 2010, but the lyrics are awful.

There are far worse songs on this record than If The World and This I Love imo... If The World isn't that bad.

• Like 1