10/11/22 - Bogota, CO - Estadio Nemesio Camacho El Campin

alfierose

1 hour ago, rocknroll41 said:

Just came out. It actually has a tribute to Taylor Hawkins, if you look hard enough, which makes sense since he died in Columbia.

Can't see the connection in the litho.. please explain.. :mellow:

1 minute ago, Italian girl said:

Edited by Italian girl
  • Like 1

Despite the rapid paced vocals I think Don't Damn Me could work well if adapted to Axl's natural voice. He could get away with the whole song in his baritone register. It's the speed that would be the issue, but I'd have more faith in that at this point than Perfect Crime. Shame we never got that in 2016 (let alone 2010).

• Like 1

Just now, James Bond said:

Despite the rapid paced vocals I think Don't Damn Me could work well if adapted to Axl's natural voice. He could get away with the whole song in his baritone register. It's the speed that would be the issue, but I'd have more faith in that at this point than Perfect Crime. Shame we never got that in 2016 (let alone 2010).

They could slow DDM down slightly and it could work, especially with there only being heavy rasp at the end of the song. Perfect Crime just would not sound good currently but had a chance to in the years you mentioned.

UYI I & II really have a bunch of songs where Axl pushes his voice that are hard to really perform today including the current stuff he does. It's much easier to do Coma when rasp isn't involved and even still that stream of consciousness part at the end has always seemed impossible to do like on the album.

54 minutes ago, Steff_66 said:

Sabbath did something similar when I saw them in '05 and it was great. This is from that tour:

Metallica did something like this during the Black Album tour for the AJFA songs called the Justice Medley. Doesn't even have to be a long part of their set and it'd be a cool acknowledgement of their catalog.

• Like 1