Sweet Child O' Mine (Dublin 2022) on official GN'R YouTube channel

7 minutes ago, EvanG said:

What part about fair criticism didn't you understand?

In my view his criticism is fair, in yours it's not. Let's respect people's opinion instead of trying to block them sharing it. 

If you truely enjoy this SCOM vid, or any other thing you feel good about it, then awesome, I respect that. But that doesn't mean everyone would have the same opinion.

I know Jamillos long enough to justify his comments for 'myself'. It may or may not sound fair to you. That's totally fine. 

Edited by ©GnrPersia
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, ©GnrPersia said:

In my view his criticism is fair, in yours it's not. Let's respect people's opinion instead of trying to block them sharing it. 

If you truely enjoy this SCOM vid, or any other thing you feel good about it, then awesome, I respect that. But that doesn't mean everyone would have the same opinion.

I know Jamillos long enough to justify his comments for 'myself'. It may or may not sound fair to you. That's totally fine. 

Huh? Again, what part of fair criticism don't you understand? I'm all for it and people giving their opinion on a forum.
Maybe you respect my opinion regarding posters, who in my opinion, spend most of their posts whining, which isn't the same as giving criticism, but I guess you don't get that.

3 minutes ago, EvanG said:

Huh? Again, what part of fair criticism don't you understand? I'm all for it and people giving their opinion on a forum.
Maybe you respect my opinion regarding posters, who in my opinion, spend most of their posts whining, which isn't the same as giving criticism, but I guess you don't get that.

No, I get what you mean.

You're asking him to conform to your approved narrative. Soviet Union style.

Just now, ©GnrPersia said:

No, I get what you mean.

You're asking him to conform to your approved narrative. Soviet Union style.

Haha... you're funny.
It's easy to say ''put them on ignore'' or whatever, but I sincerely hoped that with my comment he would see that maybe yes, he does bitch and moan a bit too much on here. I've seen this happening to several  posters. They used to be more relaxed and then they got into this negative spiral and are reduced to mostly negative posts and constant whining. For some it's too late and that's all they can do from then on, but for some it can be a wake up call and maybe they realize that yes, they have become too much of a drag.

3 hours ago, EvanG said:

No. Most of the time when I read one of your posts you are whining about this band. There is a difference between fair criticism and constantly bitching, and you can surely take it down a notch.

Oh the good old constant complaining about someone constant complaining, haven’t heard that one for a while. I can assure you I’m not one of those who bitch all the time, sometimes I’m positive too. But since most of the band’s activities and anything around it sucks one way or the other on a long-term scale, and considering this is the right place to complain about these things, then that’s what you can expect. And I'm far from being the only one here. Focus on the positives – wherever you find them – and comments from the likes of me will pass you with ease. ;)

Edit:
Plus: when I say they should have chosen a different vid where the singer sounds good (there are occasions like that) or, even better, a song we don't have yet - is that "bitching" or "fair criticism"? To me, it's the latter. But who'll be the judge - you? :lol:
Easy, mate. 

Edited by jamillos
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1

10 hours ago, bumcheecksmcghee said:

Glad I didn't get ticks for the upcoming Oz tour... 

I'll stick to my memories of 07..

Axl braids/rasp

Mr finck rocking the guitar/actually caring

Pitman waving a towel...

Ahhh memories... ;)

When they were here in 2017 it was pretty good tbh. That was 5 years ago though

• GNFNR 1

7 hours ago, Jwalker19 said:

This is so random for them to upload. It's not like this particular performance was outstanding by any means. The only real noteworthy aspect of it was that Axl's voice definitely did sound different as if the vocal chord damage was already starting to happen.

I'm assuming they're pushing it to coincide with the fact it's featured in the new Thor film. 

However, if I was a Marvel fan curious about Guns N Roses after watching the film, I think my interest in Guns N Roses would be quite firmly killed by this video. 

Sure, this is one of Axl's best performances of SCOM since the reunion, but it's still completely unlistenably awful on its own merits. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Free Bird said:

Wasn't the Dublin show highly praised on here especially for Axl's good vocals and rasp? I think I remember a lot of positive reviews from people who were there live in person as well as from people watching youtube videos. And I think SCOM got praised too.

Now GNR release this and another shitstorm starts.

Watched this. Axl sounds... good for Axl nowadays, what the fuck do you expect?

Some even wrote Slash fucked it up.

I really think some people here complain just for fuck's sake 

For real. People are and have been overreacting lately. Axl isn’t at some new low, he’s sounded this bad for a while, in fact much worse at times.

12 hours ago, bumcheecksmcghee said:

Glad I didn't get ticks for the upcoming Oz tour... 

I'll stick to my memories of 07..

Axl braids/rasp

Mr finck rocking the guitar/actually caring

Pitman waving a towel...

Ahhh memories... ;)

Completely get you and I appreciate I sound like a broken record but the two shows I've seen on this tour have been 2 of the most fun shows I've enjoyed with Guns. Don't just judge by YT, I guarantee if you like GN'R you'll have fun! 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, EvanG said:

Haha... you're funny.
It's easy to say ''put them on ignore'' or whatever, but I sincerely hoped that with my comment he would see that maybe yes, he does bitch and moan a bit too much on here. I've seen this happening to several  posters. They used to be more relaxed and then they got into this negative spiral and are reduced to mostly negative posts and constant whining. For some it's too late and that's all they can do from then on, but for some it can be a wake up call and maybe they realize that yes, they have become too much of a drag.

I think you complain more about other posters than they do about poor vocals from the lead singer

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jw224 said:

This forum has been subjected to so many shitty performances that some people here have Stockholm syndrome and will say anything the band do is good, telling people who don't think the usual shit is good to shut up if they don't have anything positive to say. 

It is quite staggering what people are willing to accept just because it's been this way for a while now. 

Consistently bad is not good, lol.

Couldn't agree more. 

9 hours ago, Dean said:

While I’ve heard worse performances of the song, I do agree that they should’ve been picking out songs more carefully to showcase Axl at his best. It’s the sort of thing a fan should be overseeing, or at least have someone liaise with the fans to pick out recommendations.

They should first release a few songs on which Axl sounds good like Reckless Life, SOYL, ISE, Nightrain, Mr Brownstone and then later they can post SCOM, PC, etc.

8 hours ago, Gold top 78 said:

This is obviously to go with the release of Thor Love and Thunder which is why SCOM will be the song selected. Of course it would be nice to hear a different song that could showcase some of Axl’s better vocals but at least they’ve selected the best live version of the song for a while. I still enjoyed it. 

If they have to upload SCOM, then they should have posted SCOM from the UYI tour.

Edited by We love Axl Rose
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Sosso said:

Why? They promote the current Tour and not the UYI Box Set 

If they want to follow the hype around the movie and SCOM, then they should have posted some performance of SCOM from the UYI tour, and they can promote the current tour and the band with performances where Axl sounds very good like Reckless Life, SOYL, ISE, Nightrain, Mr Brownstone, etc. (I already wrote this in the last comment :D).