Soundcheck mysterious song

3 hours ago, Blackstar said:

Even if it's a new song, it doesn't mean that they'll play it at the next show or even on this tour leg. They may continue soundchecking it for a month without playing it.

2 hours ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

That being said I think things are massively blown out of proportion here. It's very clearly just a jam or something, I don't think it's a new song. 

Yeah, I don't think it's a new song. The chords are a bit fancy, but it repeats a bit too much to be any real indication that is a new song. It could very well be some chord progression that they came up with and they wanted to jam on it for a bit. The drums seems to have an abrupt stop at the end of one of the snippets, which kinda sounds to me like just a jam indeed.

Also, someone brought up the possibility of Brain in this recording. To my ears, it doesn't sound like his more tight drum snare skin that I'm used to. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, alangarcianr said:

Fortus was there (a fan posted a photo with him) and Meegan posted a story of Slash playing his guitar and I’m 80% sure that’s Faena hotel (where Axl and TB stay)

I'm from Argentina and there's a pic of Slash walking or going somewhere with his guitar

25 minutes ago, alangarcianr said:

Fortus was there (a fan posted a photo with him) and Meegan posted a story of Slash playing his guitar and I’m 80% sure that’s Faena hotel (where Axl and TB stay)

I'm from Argentina and there's a pic of Slash walking or going somewhere with his guitar

19 minutes ago, Voodoochild said:

Yeah, I don't think it's a new song. The chords are a bit fancy, but it repeats a bit too much to be any real indication that is a new song. It could very well be some chord progression that they came up with and they wanted to jam on it for a bit. The drums seems to have an abrupt stop at the end of one of the snippets, which kinda sounds to me like just a jam indeed.

Also, someone brought up the possibility of Brain in this recording. To my ears, it doesn't sound like his more tight drum snare skin that I'm used to. 

Chords being fancy isn't really a reason to say it's not an actual song they are rehearsing. It's also not that fancy, but in comparison to Hardskool this is top shelf jazz😄 

I don't know, the repeat thing could easily be a section where Axl is riffing over the top and that's the melodic excitement (besides Slash's lick). Who knows!! it's far to small a section and shitty a recording to be getting too into the weeds. I liked the snippet played, I would be interested to hear the finished song whether it's GNR or SKMC.

3 hours ago, alangarcianr said:

I’m double checking, but it seems that Slash and 4tus were today in Ax’s hotel in Buenos Aires (he and his guitar)

"Slash and 4tus with some guitars in Axl's hotel" sounds like a euphemism I never knew that I didn't need to hear :lol:

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, hudsonsaul said:

Interesting. 

But to me it just sounds like a sound check, bit of noodling around getting things right. As apposed to an actual new jam/song. 

But of course things like that can evolve from these situations. 

They have played the exact same entire setlist for 7 years, if they havent got it right now theres no hope!

• Like 1