The "New Album" Thread. Thanks to the long ass thread, I’m going home!

It's funny people are already arguing here... believers vs non believers :lol:

I really want to believe, but fear nothing's going to happen. We'll see. I just hope Perhaps will be released... a whole new album is a bit of a stretch I guess.

Edited by Lethalis
  • Like 2

55 minutes ago, Master Of Reality said:

You're probably right here, but the fact is we just don't know what they've been doing since last october. I don't get my hopes up for any newly written material but it is about time to finally put those old tunes out already! They've been rerecorded for how long now? Three years?! Jesus...If they are not getting released during this tour, there is no way they start writing new stuff after the tour. And if that not happens i'm not seeing them return to the stage for a couple of years (Slash going back to MSKC). But everything seems to point at some new/old releases. We'll see i guess.

Nothing is going to stop this gravy train ... There will definitely not be a couple year touring hiatus 

22 minutes ago, 2020_Intensions said:

Nothing is going to stop this gravy train ... There will definitely not be a couple year touring hiatus 

Not so sure. Sometimes I think they’re goin hell for leather cos it’s a final push before Axl’s voice finally gives out 

8 minutes ago, gavgnr said:

Not so sure. Sometimes I think they’re goin hell for leather cos it’s a final push before Axl’s voice finally gives out 

Sadly, this could be possible. That said, Duff kinda implied a few years back that they wanna be like the stones and keep touring well into their 70s. If they do make it that far, though, they’re definitely gonna have to change things (down-tune the songs, play more acoustic sets, etc.).

3 hours ago, jamillos said:

Yes, maybe not new music (or maybe he's keeping stuff under the lid to avoid people bothering him about it), but that could very well happen, see above.

Folks, all I'm saying is nothing is impossible, don't lose hope. We've been through this, kind of, and we know too little to assert and claim shit.

Good night.

Have a good night @jamillos and hope to see you tomorrow on the Madrid thread, :hug: 

Edited by wendirosez
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, jamillos said:

- No, Slash isn't a hired gun. Just because Axl is the boss, that doesn't mean Slash is just his employee. Axl would be fucked way more without Slash (another NuGNR with Ashba-like characters, anyone? Wow, the tickets would sell over night!) than Slash without Axl. Mind you, I’ve always been more of an Axl fan than of any other member, btw.

- We have no clue as to what impact he's had. All we know is they've worked on some music. That's all.

- Since Axl has stuff from the past he wants to release, I understand why he's been doing what he's doing (except for the fucking touring). Then again, that doesn't mean there can't be new tunes on the album. I've always said one way to go is if Axl gives Slash just lyrics and maybe basic tunes and lets him do his magic. That would be like almost basically a new song, why not.

The irony is we would have another album had the Ashba line up not disbanded. 1 album max though. Let's not get carried away. 

If that line up existed and an album (of Chinese leftovers) came out in 2016 we'd be sat here now in 2023 reading Bumble and Dizzy going "we're hoping to sit down once the tour ends and seriously look at what's next, we all want it... It's about focusing on what we have and when we can all get together... We're all writing"

• Like 3

Just now, gavgnr said:

Would have preferred an album with Bumbke/Ashba/Stinson than a reunion. Unpopular opinion I know. The reunion was all about $$$

I agree completely. There is something entirely soulless about all this touring and I feel genuinely sorry for the guys that were part of the band for so long and now have to see their parts on songs released replaced by those of Duff and Slash. 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

I agree completely. There is something entirely soulless about all this touring and I feel genuinely sorry for the guys that were part of the band for so long and now have to see their parts on songs released replaced by those of Duff and Slash. 

Just watched Prostitute on YouTube 2014 and 2017. Chalk and fuckin cheese. The Chinese era band were so damn tight 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, gavgnr said:

I mean when was the last time GnR wasn't on tour for an extended period of time? 2003-2005? They've been on tour ever since never longer than a year off. 

Also, looks like I managed to be the first post of both pages 99 & 100 lol

Edited by 2020_Intensions
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

To be fair- they all left the band. 
But it’s probably easy to assume that if Axl released more CD era albums, the guys may have stuck around.

• Like 2

I think the guys that were in the band between 1999—2015 were tired of Axl. Well, playing in Guns is a good job, but I think Robin Finck and Buckthead got fed up with Axl not putting shit out. Axl is really troubled and insecure when it comes to releasing new music. I really take seriously what Slash said when he said he recorded some songs, well, Slash and Duff with their panic attack got richer than they were in the Illusions days. And like I said, being in Guns today is just a good job. There's pressure gone when Slash and Duff got back on board

Edited by TheSlashrose

8 hours ago, 2020_Intensions said:

No. You are completely making up a reality that does not exist, per Slash's own words. He clearly and plainly stated they have not wrote or worked on ANY NEW MUSIC. I've already had to say this about a dozen times today alone. Why is that such a hard fact to grasp?  

you are 100% correct.  as recently as October 2021 slash said they have NOT written anything new and were just reworking some of Axls old songs.  this was after Absurd and Hardschool came out.  and we haven't heard any (new) reworked songs come out since this interview, so why would they dump those and all of a sudden release music that they wrote in 2022/23?

we are getting CD leftovers for the foreseeable future. 

here's a link if anyone needs it.   like it or not 2020 intentions is more than likely correct. 

https://www.nme.com/news/music/slash-says-guns-n-roses-havent-written-any-new-music-since-reunion-3078295

• Like 1

5 hours ago, 2020_Intensions said:

I mean when was the last time GnR wasn't on tour for an extended period of time? 2003-2005? They've been on tour ever since never longer than a year off. 

Also, looks like I managed to be the first post of both pages 99 & 100 lol

They were basically off the road for 2 years from the last show before the reunion to the first show or the reunion.

June 7th 2014 - April 1 2016.  And really they only played 8 shows until the tour kicked off in June.

2 hours ago, TheSlashrose said:

I think the guys that were in the band between 1999—2015 were tired of Axl. Well, playing in Guns is a good job, but I think Robin Finck and Buckthead got fed up with Axl not putting shit out. Axl is really troubled and insecure when it comes to releasing new music. I really take seriously what Slash said when he said he recorded some songs, well, Slash and Duff with their panic attack got richer than they were in the Illusions days. And like I said, being in Guns today is just a good job. There's pressure gone when Slash and Duff got back on board

I don't think you understand the music industry of today, compared to the past. 

Touring is were the money is made today by all musical artists, not selling albums. 

Musical artists today, don't require a major recod label for financial support nor to release there material. They can do it all themselevss and control the publishing, distribution etc. 

Live Nation are the power brokers of the music industry today, not Universal Music via Interscope or Geffen.

No record label is going to pay Axl to hire out a studio or studios for years on end, and pay the band members to sit around and record an album. Those days are long gone... 

If you look at the Foo fighters and Metallica as examples. Both have there  own in house record label and both have released there albums via this method. They also have there own in house recording studios (studio 66 and the HQ) 

The foo fighters even had control over Foo Fighters: Preparing Music For Concerts to announce their retun and their new drummer. No major record label involvement at all and the band even sold merchandise via this marketing tool. 

You may have even noticed the style of official music vidoes being released by both Metallica and the Foo fighters. Lots of animation and lyric videos or a live performance. 

There is no money in the bank to create expensive music vidoes via record labels anymore. So the artists themselves are creating cost effective alternatives. 

There any many reasons why this band hasn't released a new album and it could simply be, the band taking control of its own product, compared to the past when the music industry was very different.. 

Every artist tours more regularly and longer now compared to the past. The demand and financial revenue is to good to pass up, between a promotor like Live Nation promoting your own standalone shows, to what Danny Wimmer can offer for a one off festival appreance. That's the music industry of today.. 

Edited by kiwiguns
  • Like 2

35 minutes ago, kiwiguns said:

Touring is were the money is made today by all musical artists, not selling albums. 

Musical artists today, don't require a major recod label for financial support nor to release there material. They can do it all themselevss and control the publishing, distribution etc. 

Live Nation are the power brokers of the music industry today, not Universal Music via Interscope or Geffen.

No record label is going to pay Axl to hire out a studio or studios for years on end, and pay the band members to sit around and record an album. Those days are long gone... 

If you look at the Foo fighters and Metallica as examples. Both have there  own in house record label and both have released there albums via this method. They also have there own in house recording studios (studio 66 and the HQ) 

The foo fighters even had control over Foo Fighters: Preparing Music For Concerts to announce their retun and their new drummer. No major record label involvement at all and the band even sold merchandise via this marketing tool. 

You may have even noticed the style of official music vidoes being released by both Metallica and the Foo fighters. Lots of animation and lyric videos or a live performance. 

There is no money in the bank to create expensive music vidoes via record labels anymore. So the artists themselves are creating cost effective alternatives. 

There any many reasons why this band hasn't released a new album and it could simply be, the band taking control of its own product, compared to the past when the music industry was very different.. 

Every artist tours more regularly and longer now compared to the past. The demand and financial revenue is to good to pass up, between a promotor like Live Nation promoting your own standalone shows, to what Danny Wimmer can offer for a one off festival appreance. That's the music industry of today.. 

You’re not wrong, but this begs the question why don’t GNR do it exactly the way the other bands do. They surely have "the money in the bank". Hell, they made more dough in 2016 alone than in their entire previous history combined, Axl’s solo era included. Granted, to do something like this, they’d need a real, competent management, and not a bunch of hacks. 
Bottom line is, if they wanted to release records and videos etc. on their own, they surely could afford it. Other bands have managed, so could they. And just because there's not much money in new records any more, doesn't mean one's supposed to play just the greatest hits forever. Again, other bands release records, so can they. 
I have a suspicion there’s a certain idiosyncratic guy who’s not really convinced about all this, and he happens the be the one standing at the helm. :) 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, kiwiguns said:

Okay, so tell me which major rock band is independent and releases their stuff without a label? Do you think that music videos, promotions for new Metallica and Foo Fighters albums don't have the finger and money of record companies?

Axl doesn't pitch because he doesn't want to. Or will he put the blame on the label again? Or are you going to say that a member is sick and can't record?

Edited by TheSlashrose

7 hours ago, Nightrain7 said:

To be fair- they all left the band. 
But it’s probably easy to assume that if Axl released more CD era albums, the guys may have stuck around.

Yeah. Josh flat out said it was the slow progress that made him leave the band. I believe Robin has indicated the same (although I haven't checked my records). And it is likely this also played into Bucket's decision to leave, considering how productive he is, although there were probably more reasons in his case. Brain, on the other hand, has stated that he couldn't deal with the touring and that is also given as the reason for Paul leaving (although unfortunately, he has never spoken about his time in the band).

So Axl's sluggish approach to music making in this period (maybe unfair of me, he could have been sick) was the direct reason at least some of the guys left, which in turn caused further delays.