The "New Album" Thread. Thanks to the long ass thread, I’m going home!

40 minutes ago, GnR Chris said:

Well, I don’t think “Perhaps” will be played today considering no studio release this morning. I imagine when they finally do play it, they’ll drop it at midnight like they did “Absurd.”  Sigh. 

Music almost always releases at midnight of Thursday going into Friday.  Doesn't mean anything!  There are no rules to this stuff.

19 minutes ago, Bitchisback said:

Music almost always releases at midnight of Thursday going into Friday.  Doesn't mean anything!  There are no rules to this stuff.

Just kind feels like it’d be WAY more likely during the week. Say, Tuesday or Friday. Not Saturday. I know it can be released whenever. I just don’t think they’ll play it today ‘cause it’s GNR and why would they?

10 hours ago, Towelie said:

Blah blah blah. Excuses from an Axl-apoligist is all I'm reading. If he wanted to release a new album, he would. End of.

Agree here….bottom line, the current setup is a business relationship only. I think there is limited camaraderie in the band.  They aren’t creative and don’t have a desire to be IMO. Just do what they need to do to keep train rolling. 

Edited by Trin9498
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, MaskingApathy said:

That's how a lot of bands operate.

I think Guns N  Roses are unusual for how long they've been around combined with how small their catalog is. KISS is the ultimate businesslike band but they managed to consistently record and release music throughout their career.

On 6/9/2023 at 8:09 AM, jimisbatman said:

Rio 2001 with The Blues, pure magic.... N. Rain 2.0 easily. Same here, Slash coming back to fold is the worst thing for gnr.... Before that, axl had something to prove and new music would have been a reality. Best we can hope for is more leaks. 

How many years was Slash out?  where was all this music you mention? yea, the lead guitarist that is on all the hits and known world wide, is the worst thing.  Thats comical.   88 people cared about NU gnr.  Why couldn't they sell out stadium after stadium?

Edited by fabrph5
  • Like 3

By 2014, Bumble/Ashba lineup had devolved into nothing more than a touring juggernaut. This wasn’t 2000s-era Axl full of spit and fire trying to establish the next iteration of GNR. 

Saying Slash’s return is the worst thing to happen to GNR from a creative perspective is, what someone else already said, comical. Slash and Duff have written and recorded plenty of music since 2016. The other key guy in GNR, and I think you know his name, is the one who couldn’t even be bothered to record an extra verse for “Absurd” or “hey heys” in “Hardskool.”

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, GnR Chris said:

By 2014, Bumble/Ashba lineup had devolved into nothing more than a touring juggernaut. This wasn’t 2000s-era Axl full of spit and fire trying to establish the next iteration of GNR. 

Saying Slash’s return is the worst thing to happen to GNR from a creative perspective is, what someone else already said, comical. Slash and Duff have written and recorded plenty of music since 2016. The other key guy in GNR, and I think you know his name, is the one who couldn’t even be bothered to record an extra verse for “Absurd” or “hey heys” in “Hardskool.”

Hard Skool could have done with an extra verse I think

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, THELINESMAN said:

Hard Skool could have done with an extra verse I think

The way it ends is atrocious too. Instead of how in the leak after the solo the chorus repeats one more time then ends, they for some strange reason decide to replay the chorus multiple times at the end and it just sounds repetitive and bad. I haven't listened to the studio version since it came out back in 2021. The leak is better in every way. Same with Silkworms. 

• Like 2

The sad thing we are expecting leftovers from CD. Perhaps 6/10 absurd 2/10 harskool 5/10 do i miss any song more?  If they put this to a new album would be a disaster. Ok if they put this to ep and then the band go to a studio and make a new recors will be ok

• Like 2

16 hours ago, fabrph5 said:

How many years was Slash out?  where was all this music you mention? yea, the lead guitarist that is on all the hits and known world wide, is the worst thing.  Thats comical.   88 people cared about NU gnr.  Why couldn't they sell out stadium after stadium?

"new music would have been a reality", I was alluding to CD 2 & potential remix album. 

Lol, 88 people cared about NU gnr, that's funny and probably true. However, that band made Madagascar/twat/SR, & the blues w/Josh.......regardless of ticket sales or popularity that's better than anything Slash has done since the spaghetti 🍝 incident lol

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

20 minutes ago, rudolf1978 said:

The sad thing we are expecting leftovers from CD. Perhaps 6/10 absurd 2/10 harskool 5/10 do i miss any song more?  If they put this to a new album would be a disaster. Ok if they put this to ep and then the band go to a studio and make a new recors will be ok

That's just your opinion and I frankly don't understand why you think that is interesting. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, rudolf1978 said:

I basically agree. Axl needs to get some songs off his chest, especially if they’re good, otherwise it would be a shame if we never got to hear them; on the other hand, new releases should feature their new music at some point, whether or not some of the origins may be a bit historic. They shouldn’t release just CD2 leftovers. We need to see them function as a band (not just a touring band) and a creative entity. Copy-pasting guitars to old tracks doesn’t quite do it (even though I’d love to hear all the drawer stuff, obviously), and I still think they can make better tunes than what we’ve heard from the demos so far. 
I hope we’ll get something from each of the sides. 

Edited by jamillos
  • Like 2

It was a bad idea to start with (Chinese leftovers with Slash and Duff overdubs) and HS/ Absurd is all the proof you need.

This would only make some kind of sense if everything from the Chinese sessions was pure gold that can't be topped but this is clearly not the case.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, El Guapo said:

It was a bad idea to start with (Chinese leftovers with Slash and Duff overdubs) and HS/ Absurd is all the proof you need.

This would only make some kind of sense if everything from the Chinese sessions was pure gold that can't be topped but this is clearly not the case.

Everything from the AFD or UYI lineups of GN'R weren't "pure gold" either. This is entirely subjective - and there are few things as uninteresting as hearing people say what they like and what they don't like and then act incredulous when other people have different preferences than themselves - but many people like Chinese Democracy and would be thrilled to to hear songs that were intended for the follow-up to that album. Personally, I think Hardskool is better than at least half of UIYs and I think a lot of the unreleased material has a huge potential. So don't try to "make some kind of sense" out of different musical preferences, just accept that they exist. 

Edited by SoulMonster
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, rudolf1978 said:

Think of it. 

Perhaps, hard skool, absurd, state of grace, Atlas shrugged, oh my god, the general, soul monster and Oklahoma. 

That would be an album I'd buy and probably love. 

Also I don't get the hate for absurd, it's a quick song like "garden of Eden" but it's a bit more interesting, it's not amazing but it's cool in the way everything about the song it's absurd, is not a bad filler track. 

• Like 3

BTW this year in Eurovision Finland had a Absurd kind of style of song. It came in second place and got most votes from the public. Maybe Axl should've wore a bolero on stage so then maybe Absurd would've have been a big hit too 😜😁

Edited by tboneman
  • Haha 2

28 minutes ago, tboneman said:

BTW this year in Eurovision Finland had a Absurd kind of style of song. It came in second place and got must votes from the public. Maybe Axl should've wore a bolero on stage then Absurd would've have been a big hit too 😜😁

Only difference is that "Cha, Cha, Cha" is kinda cachy and Absurd not that much...

• Like 2

3 hours ago, jimisbatman said:

"new music would have been a reality", I was alluding to CD 2 & potential remix album. 

Lol, 88 people cared about NU gnr, that's funny and probably true. However, that band made Madagascar/twat/SR, & the blues w/Josh.......regardless of ticket sales or popularity that's better than anything Slash has done since the spaghetti 🍝 incident lol

Velvet Revolver's Contraband is one of my favorite albums of all time. So there's that. Slash and Duff did a great job on that one.

It was popular for a reason.

Edited by Lethalis
  • Like 3

41 minutes ago, Lethalis said:

Velvet Revolver's Contraband is one of my favorite albums of all time. So there's that. Slash and Duff did a great job on that one.

It was popular for a reason.

Fair call - I love contraband myself, but for me, the 3rd of CD which I consider genius, was amazing and topped that IMO. 

• Like 1