The "New Album" Thread. Thanks to the long ass thread, I’m going home!

I call DJ Diet Slice aka Diet Slash.  In an aesthetic way he really did fit the band.  He was pretty sloppy in Guns at times but they’ve never been a “tight” band musically live very much.  DJ to his credit is a great musician and smart businessman.  I preferred him in Beautiful Creatures and that first Sixx A.M. was great.

First I've heard that stuff about Ashba, but did you guys really not remember the rumours about Axl and Pitman? And I'm sure most have heard the story about Robin and Marilyn Manson? And what Steven used to do for drugs... fuck it's not exactly shocking that there's some gay/bi/whatever history in this band :lol:

3 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

Surely, these guys are not gays?!

3b6d5d10.jpg

Millions of men around the world pay to watch men like that frolic and grab each other for hours. Wrestling.. I just don’t see the appeal, never have, never will 😅

2 hours ago, UYI4 said:

I call DJ Diet Slice aka Diet Slash.  In an aesthetic way he really did fit the band.  He was pretty sloppy in Guns at times but they’ve never been a “tight” band musically live very much.  DJ to his credit is a great musician and smart businessman.  I preferred him in Beautiful Creatures and that first Sixx A.M. was great.

I enjoyed the second Sixx A.M. album too. Subsequent ones didn't seem half as good for some reason. 

michael scott hartung  and slash in Oslo yesterday 😊.

«This actually happened. Kind of surreal really. I got to record some amazing guitars with this guy. He sounded so good! Can’t say too much about it, but I can say he’s a super nice guy and can f*#king play!! Jeez!!  Nobody sounds like him.» 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

First I've heard that stuff about Ashba, but did you guys really not remember the rumours about Axl and Pitman? And I'm sure most have heard the story about Robin and Marilyn Manson? And what Steven used to do for drugs... fuck it's not exactly shocking that there's some gay/bi/whatever history in this band :lol:

There were rumors about Axl and Pitman?! Really?!  I have never heard about Robin and Manson. It makes though. Adler was said to have been bi. 

Edited by Draguns
added text
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Draguns said:

There were rumors about Axl and Pitman?! Really?!  I have never heard about Robin and Manson. It makes though. Adler was said to have been bi. 

Just to clarify, they were separate rumours, not that they were together or anything. I think it was around 2006-07 (but could've been 2010) there were a lot of rumours about Axl when he was hanging out in NYC.

Manson blew Robin on stage, and yea Adler has been pretty open about some of the things he did for dope in the 80s...

1 hour ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Just to clarify, they were separate rumours, not that they were together or anything. I think it was around 2006-07 (but could've been 2010) there were a lot of rumours about Axl when he was hanging out in NYC.

Manson blew Robin on stage, and yea Adler has been pretty open about some of the things he did for dope in the 80s...

What exactly were the Axl rumours? I think we all know he enjoys the kinks, But I was under the impression he just liked young beautiful women. 

48 minutes ago, 2020_Intensions said:

Ummm admins? Hello? Your precious new album (that doesnt exist) thread v2 is wildly off the rails with no end in sight

This is far more interesting than scanning spotify piecing together crackpot fan theories. Nothing personal, I just think you're all crazy😄

Happy to return talking about the "new album" whenever we get another new unintentional breadcrumb from the band at soundcheck

• Like 1

On 6/18/2023 at 2:46 PM, We love Axl Rose said:

But original parts he replaced are better than his work.

He is very good guitarist, my favorite member of the 2009-2014 lineup, but all of Buckethead's and Robin's parts should have been left untouched on the album.

I thought all of bumble’s rhythm work on the album was good but I agree that the original solos for songs like Catcher and Riad should’ve been left intact.

5 hours ago, gjezzen said:

michael scott hartung  and slash in Oslo yesterday 😊.

«This actually happened. Kind of surreal really. I got to record some amazing guitars with this guy. He sounded so good! Can’t say too much about it, but I can say he’s a super nice guy and can f*#king play!! Jeez!!  Nobody sounds like him.» 

What? 

If this is the other alternative to how things can go in this thread, can we start a petition to bring Pele back? Lol we just hit a rock bottom I thought we already hit when he was here :lol:

Edited by WhazUp
  • Like 1

Would it be that shocking if Axl was gay? 61 years old no kids no wife. Over the top aggressive lyrics towards homosexuals in 80s macho america (one in a million), deep love of elton john. All these breadcrumbs soon add up to a slice of toast :axl:

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, JimiRose said:

Would it be that shocking if Axl was gay? 61 years old no kids no wife. Over the top aggressive lyrics towards homosexuals in 80s macho america (one in a million), deep love of elton john. All these breadcrumbs soon add up to a slice of toast :axl:

Kinda shocking since he has never been in a (known) relationship with a man but been in a few relationships with women and clearly loved some of these women.

Edited by SoulMonster